PDA

View Full Version : Under Radar Performers

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 08:54 AM
A few guys who played extremely well yesterday but maybe wasn't as obvious...

Kyle Moore -- He was turning the corner better than any DE has done for us all year. He was forcing Kolb to step into the pocket all day and was unlucky not to get a sack or two. I think he will get a permanent share of the DE snaps even when Anderson returns.

Nigel Bradham -- Loved his energy and speed. He really adds an element to the LB corps we didnt have. He should be the permanent starter at OLB.

Chris Hairston -- Amazing performance. Protected Fitz's blindside pretty much flawlessly. I think he can beat out Pears for the RT spot when Cordy comes back. Pears has been good but not great this year.

Spiller -- quietly had 88 yards rushing on 12 carries and the TD. I put him on this list because it was very spotty. Don't get why he didn't get 20 carries in that game when the passing offense was out of sync...?

OpIv37
10-15-2012, 08:57 AM
If you want Spiller to get 20 carries in games where our passing offense is out of sync, well, the easy way to say it is "Spiller should get 20 carries a game" because our passing offense is always out of sync. In fact, it was less out of sync yesterday than it's been in a month, which is scary.

I agree on Bradham and Hairston. As far as Moore, he had a good game but let's see how he does against a better OL.

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2012, 09:00 AM
Yea Bradham seemed to be around the ball a lot and was putting the pressure on Kolb and Skelton in clutch situations, liked his energy as well

Historian
10-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Bradham's play was excellent, IMO.

He will have a great year.

Then, next season, he'll come in 30 pounds overweight.

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 09:09 AM
Bradham's play was excellent, IMO.

He will have a great year.

Then, next season, he'll come in 30 pounds overweight.

Actually he should put on about 10 pounds as his frame would carry it well and would make him more powerful. I wonder if Bradham shouldn't be playing MLB instead of Shepp. Move Shepp outside.

Pinkerton Security
10-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Actually he should put on about 10 pounds as his frame would carry it well and would make him more powerful. I wonder if Bradham shouldn't be playing MLB instead of Shepp. Move Shepp outside.

Idk, Shep doesnt seem that great of a coverage guy, unless I'm just not seeing it, seems to be more of a pure run stuffer at LB

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Well he's not that tall, kinda squatty. Bradham is tall and moves smoother.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Idk, Shep doesnt seem that great of a coverage guy, unless I'm just not seeing it, seems to be more of a pure run stuffer at LB

Shep is not impressing me. He was getting blocked out and confused easily. Bradham seems like the real deal though.

Mahdi
10-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Shep is not impressing me. He was getting blocked out and confused easily. Bradham seems like the real deal though.

Shepp has not been good this year but yesterday he was getting his nose into the run game. I don't put too much weight on this game though because of how bad that line is.