PDA

View Full Version : Why does Gailey insist on splitting the carries...

Zero
10-15-2012, 10:27 AM
...between CJ and F-Jax? It is obvious to anyone that eyes that CJ is dangerous whenever you put the ball in his hands. Rather than keep feeding him the ball when he was heating up, Gailey would either bring in Fred or abandon the run altogether. I just don't get it. This guy needs to touch the ball 20 times at least, be it a handoff or a pass. Spiller makes things happens.

It was just aggravating watching the playcalling yesterday. More than usual...

jimmifli
10-15-2012, 10:47 AM
CJ's still hurt.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I noticed CJ wincing a few times after being hit. I agree CJ needs to be the focal point of this offense, but even if he was healthy he's not a bell cow halfback. He needs to be platooned with someone like Freddy, especially in short yardage.

Extremebillsfan247
10-15-2012, 11:53 AM
...between CJ and F-Jax? It is obvious to anyone that eyes that CJ is dangerous whenever you put the ball in his hands. Rather than keep feeding him the ball when he was heating up, Gailey would either bring in Fred or abandon the run altogether. I just don't get it. This guy needs to touch the ball 20 times at least, be it a handoff or a pass. Spiller makes things happens.

It was just aggravating watching the playcalling yesterday. More than usual... With a patchwork Oline, the last thing you want is for CJ Spiller to get pounded on for 4 quarters. He and Jackson have 2 completely different running styles. This can help keep a defense off balance, and keep our Running Backs relatively healthy for a whole season. They are going to still have their share of bumps and bruises, but they are more likely to last the year sharing the load, than having 1 take all the snaps. JMO

dannyek71
10-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Try running CJ for over 20 carries a game for even 4 weeks. See how long he lasts. He is not that type of back.