PDA

View Full Version : now that the real refs are back...

chernobylwraiths
10-15-2012, 11:34 AM
won't go into a lot of depth, but these are the calls (non calls) I saw yesterday that I didn't like

Arizona QB was being sacked twice yesterday where he was virtually on the ground and was allowed to just throw it away. Judgement call I know, but there was no way he was getting it to anyone on both.

Pass interference against Donald Jones was a BS call. Looked like he had good coverage and maybe barely touched him. Jones should have tried harder to get back to the ball, then the call would have been more legit.

On the fake punt, the player at the edge clearly held Ruvel Martin's jersey at the shoulders and wouldn't let go which broke the play open.

Bad spot on the challenged spot, but it looked to me like they didn't have a first down in the first place when they measured.

any others?

RedEyE
10-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I think the scab officials got a bum deal for the most part. There are bad calls made by the refs each and every game regardless of who is officiating them.

chernobylwraiths
10-15-2012, 12:44 PM
They got a bit of a bum deal, and I agree with bad calls are made each and every week. What I had a problem with was the constant meetings and the time it took to get some of the calls and that they rarely overturned a call on the field. That call against Green Bay that decided a game was what everyone will remember though.

BLeonard
10-15-2012, 04:47 PM
I think the scab officials got a bum deal for the most part. There are bad calls made by the refs each and every game regardless of who is officiating them.

I said that, when the regular officials return, we'll see if they are placed under the same microscope that the replacement refs were.

I think it's clear that they aren't.

If the replacement refs had made that spot and called it a first down, I'd be willing to bet that the announcers would have talked about it for 20 minutes and it would be all over ESPN today. Keep in mind, that call led to the only Cardinals TD of the game.

But since it's the regular refs, I haven't heard a word.

As for "other calls," I thought Donald Jones was, at the very least, held on the wildcat pass... However, I will admit that I've seen worse non-calls.

-Bill

BLeonard
10-15-2012, 04:51 PM
They got a bit of a bum deal, and I agree with bad calls are made each and every week. What I had a problem with was the constant meetings and the time it took to get some of the calls and that they rarely overturned a call on the field. That call against Green Bay that decided a game was what everyone will remember though.

Interesting note: Guess who the league supervisor assigned to the Packers/Seahawks game was...?

Answer: Phil Luckett

The same Phil Luckett of the Thanksgiving Coin Toss, the Vinny Testaverde TD and, of course, The Music City Miracle.

Yet, somehow, he's still a supervisor for the NFL.

-Bill

Extremebillsfan247
10-15-2012, 05:03 PM
won't go into a lot of depth, but these are the calls (non calls) I saw yesterday that I didn't like

Arizona QB was being sacked twice yesterday where he was virtually on the ground and was allowed to just throw it away. Judgement call I know, but there was no way he was getting it to anyone on both.

Pass interference against Donald Jones was a BS call. Looked like he had good coverage and maybe barely touched him. Jones should have tried harder to get back to the ball, then the call would have been more legit.

On the fake punt, the player at the edge clearly held Ruvel Martin's jersey at the shoulders and wouldn't let go which broke the play open.

Bad spot on the challenged spot, but it looked to me like they didn't have a first down in the first place when they measured.

any others? Bad calls by the real refs are nothing new. The difference between them and the replacement refs is that the replacements were easily rattled by head coaches and players when confronted. This started to have profound effects on the outcome of many games. It also started causing a lot of injuries as a spike in dirty play rose with every game simply because players had no respect for the officiating of the replacement refs who continuously looked the other way as it happened. JMO

The last buffalo fan
10-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Holding on our entire DL, they were grabbing and not just holding them. I saw at least a couple of holds on Mario Williams and Kyle Williams.