PDA

View Full Version : Deion Sanders - Please think before you speak

Mr. Miyagi
10-15-2012, 12:52 PM
NFL Network highlights talked about Rian Lindell, only 2 for 2 this season in FGs.

Deion said, "That says a lot. If you're only 2 for 2, what is the offense doing?"

Could the answer be, "scoring TDs"?

Dude, too many concussions?

Skooby
10-15-2012, 12:54 PM
I met Primetime once, that was one time too many.

bosshogg21
10-15-2012, 01:02 PM
I heard that too and thought man...your only job is to know what's going on in football. You're on national tv. Aside from the San Fran debacle this offense was putting up lots of points.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-15-2012, 01:05 PM
If there was a hall of fame for douchebags, Deion would be in that one too.

trapezeus
10-15-2012, 01:06 PM
seriously... lindell has a range just inside of 48 yards. and now the bills are scoring TD's inside the redzone. so literally he's only gooing to be called into action if the bills are at the 20 or as far back as the 35.

and the bills offense is so streaky, it's either picking up 20 yards a carry through that lindell zone.

i've said this for a long time, but his unreliable foot outside of 50 is embarassing that he's our kicker for 8+ years now.

Prov401
10-15-2012, 05:44 PM
seriously... lindell has a range just inside of 48 yards. and now the bills are scoring TD's inside the redzone. so literally he's only gooing to be called into action if the bills are at the 20 or as far back as the 35.

and the bills offense is so streaky, it's either picking up 20 yards a carry through that lindell zone.

i've said this for a long time, but his unreliable foot outside of 50 is embarassing that he's our kicker for 8+ years now.

I personally think Lindell has been a great kicker for us, especially in Buffalo. He's averaged 83% of his FG's with the Bills, along with 21 50+ yard kicks in his 8 years here. I'd say that's pretty impressive. Kicker/Punter has been the least of our problems these past 8 years.

Oaf
10-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Deion is pretty funny, IMHO. Who cares if he makes a joke at a barely 3-3 squad?

jamze132
10-16-2012, 03:26 AM
But he's exactly right.

"What is the offense doing"? Well let me tell you. When we're not scoring TDs, we're going 3 and out and turning the ball over. Sadly we've done much more of the later.

When we can move the ball, we score. We have the talent. The problem is the QB, he's too streaky and lately he been flat out bad.

DynaPaul
10-16-2012, 05:23 AM
He was annoying as a player and continues that tradition as an analyst or whatever he is.

TigerJ
10-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Deon made that quote in complete ignorance. The question someone should have asked him was, How many times when in field goal range did the Bills opt not to kick a field goal on fourth down, choosing instead to either go for it or punt the ball? Was there even one occasion?

I do think Lindell is nearing the end of his career, and the Bills are hoping Potter pans out as a replacement when it's time for Lindell to hang it up.

trapezeus
10-17-2012, 07:46 AM
yes, lindell is accurate, but the bills routinely have shied away from him at 49+ yards. and i see your stat that he's made 21 50+ kicks. but you know as wlel as i do that the bills don't rely on him in that situation.

he isn't a huge liability, but when you get to the 35 in overtime, and you don't trust your kicker to hit a 52 yard kick, in a dome, you need a better kicker. i would get it if it was a winter buffalo game. but in a dome?

and the bills have done this a lot during his tenure. he's automatic (except in clutch situations) inside 40. but unreliable that multiple coaches have decided not to use him in a range that more and more kickers are getting comfortable with. 50-55 yards isn't as big a deal as it used to be. it's still a risky kick, but more and more kickers are asked to make that kick and do.

I hope potter pans out for us.

and to the poster who said, the bills just go 3 and out, or have a TD, that's exactly right. and that's part of their problem and the defenses problem. they don't sustain drives and get some points. either they have to punt, or they had plays that got them into the redzone where they have used the momentum for points. i want a less streaky offense, and a more consistent one.