PDA

View Full Version : What was wrong with Kolb?

Skooby
10-15-2012, 12:53 PM
I know ~600LBS landed on him but what really happened ?

trapezeus
10-15-2012, 12:54 PM
i assumed broken ribs the second our guy landed on him. though i hvaen't read anything on his prognosis.

i feel bad for that guy. he hasn't had a good couple of years in terms of abuse he is taking.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-15-2012, 12:58 PM
IIRC, it looked like someone's forearm hit the back of his helmet too. He has a concussion history.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 01:00 PM
IIRC, it looked like someone's forearm hit the back of his helmet too. He has a concussion history.

He looked pretty shaky walking to the locker room, like he wasn't all there.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Someone's pocketbook is going to be a little bit lighter this week. Although I feel bad for Kolb and I never like to see a player suffer a game, season, or career ending injury, I am happy to see one of defenders played with intensity.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-15-2012, 01:06 PM
ESPN says it was his ribs.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8506202/kevin-kolb-arizona-cardinals-additional-tests-ribs-says-source

Skooby
10-15-2012, 01:07 PM
http://cdn2.newsok.biz/cache/r620-28062addb5b7141c1fd63ce2bfb3fada.jpg

trapezeus
10-15-2012, 01:08 PM
kolb looked like he pooped his pants when they were walking him down the tunnel. his wife and his parents have to be struggling watching this consistent beating he's been taking over the last couple years. it started with that lights out hit in Philly and he's just not gettting any protection. hopefully he's out until full recovery. ribs or head. the guy has taken a beating.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-15-2012, 01:08 PM
ESPN says it was his ribs.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8506202/kevin-kolb-arizona-cardinals-additional-tests-ribs-says-source

I'm curious, if Kolb comes back and plays several ****ty games in a row and can't complete a pass over 5 yards w/o the aid of YAC is he going to blame the ribs?

Skooby
10-15-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm curious, if Kolb comes back and plays several ****ty games in a row and can't complete a pass over 5 yards w/o the aid of YAC is he going to blame the ribs?

He looked really hurt, that look on his face was painful to watch.

OpIv37
10-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Someone's pocketbook is going to be a little bit lighter this week. Although I feel bad for Kolb and I never like to see a player suffer a game, season, or career ending injury, I am happy to see one of defenders played with intensity.

Don't think so. It was a clean hit. He still had the ball. It was just bad luck that two huge Bills defensive linemen caught him at the same time and fell on him.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Don't think so. It was a clean hit. He still had the ball. It was just bad luck that two huge Bills defensive linemen caught him at the same time and fell on him.

Yeah, you're probably right, we'd only be fined if we hit Brady that hard. Still, I wish we would.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 01:27 PM

It's one way to assure he won't be running on the Bills anymore.

Ingtar33
10-15-2012, 02:57 PM
I know ~600LBS landed on him but what really happened ?

they're reporting he broke his ribs.

Crisis
10-15-2012, 05:39 PM

It was completely clean.. I feel for him. He was literally running for his life all game behind that atrocious line. The play he got hurt on was their RB Powell's fault too because he missed the hand off on the draw and Kolb was trying to make something out of the broken play.

I've never been high on Kolb, but it's impossible to prove anything behind that line.

Skooby
10-15-2012, 05:58 PM
It was completely clean.. I feel for him. He was literally running for his life all game behind that atrocious line. The play he got hurt on was their RB Powell's fault too because he missed the hand off on the draw and Kolb was trying to make something out of the broken play.

I've never been high on Kolb, but it's impossible to prove anything behind that line.

You prove that you're insane for standing back there & taking that type of abuse.

BertSquirtgum
10-15-2012, 07:15 PM

I disagree. Nothing wrong on that play.

Skooby
10-16-2012, 02:21 PM
You guys were right about the ribs, he looks to be out for several weeks:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/16/kolb-to-miss-several-weeks-with-rib-injuries/

jimmifli
10-16-2012, 02:27 PM
It was just bad luck that two huge Bills defensive linemen caught him at the same time and fell on him.
It's bad luck if he got tackled once and that happened. Under the circumstances it was almost a statistical certainty.

Mr. Pink
10-16-2012, 02:35 PM
It looked the same as the hit/landing on of Spiller during the Cleveland game.

Nothing dirty, these things happen.

OpIv37
10-16-2012, 02:40 PM
It's bad luck if he got tackled once and that happened. Under the circumstances it was almost a statistical certainty.

I read a game preview from a Cardinals fan last week that someone posted on here. He said Kolb will be injured by week 8. He was right.

Skooby
10-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Kolb suffered a sprained sternoclavicular joint & multiple ribs detaching from his sternum, ouch. Every breath you take, hurts.