• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Ron Brooks back on Wed?

CB Ron Brooks looked very promising in the pre-season, could potentially rejoin the team on Wednesday.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• zone
    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
    • Oct 2003

Re: Ron Brooks back on Wed?

good, I would like to see him replace Williams.
    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

He's not ready for that yet, but I think he's got a great eye for the ball could be a great dime back this year.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Looking forward to this kid getting on the field.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The King View Post
          CB Ron Brooks looked very promising in the pre-season, could potentially rejoin the team on Wednesday.
          I asked Joe Buscaglia about him, he says Brooks can return to practice this week, but can't be added to active roster until after week 8. So, still a couple weeks away but still good to see him returning, tons of potential. JMO

Comment

• kingJofNYC
            • Sep 2009

What the hell are they going to do with Williams? George Wilson isn't going anywhere this season, but you'd like to think that they'd start giving practice S reps to Williams. It's clear that CB is not his position, not in the NFL anyway. Need to start the transition to S.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by kingJofNYC View Post
              What the hell are they going to do with Williams? George Wilson isn't going anywhere this season, but you'd like to think that they'd start giving practice S reps to Williams. It's clear that CB is not his position, not in the NFL anyway. Need to start the transition to S.
              He can't make a play on the ball as a CB so I doubt he would do so as a Safety. Maybe we could trade him to a really DB needy team for a bag of footballs.

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                He can't make a play on the ball as a CB so I doubt he would do so as a Safety. Maybe we could trade him to a really DB needy team for a bag of footballs.
                We are a "really DB needy team".

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by better days View Post
                  Big difference though between making a play on the ball as a CB and a S. The Safety is always watching the QB, CBs have to stay with a receiver and make a play on the ball at the last second.

Comment

Working...
                  X