PDA

View Full Version : Truth About the Cards & More...

Mike
10-15-2012, 11:04 PM
I live in AZ so I have had the opportunity to watch them play this year, and last and so on. So far this is what I have noticed, which by the way gets lost in the their 4-2 record much like the truth about the Bills 5-2 a year ago. However, I do think the Fans here are less fanatical and constructive criticism is welcomed (Imagine telling a Bills fan a year ago that their 5-2 record was a mirage, it would get your killed, after all I tried).

Cards:

Very lucky to be 4-2.
Game 1: In game one vs the Seahawks if WR doesn't drop ball in end zone, Seahawks win.
Game 2: Pats miss cheap shot FG. Overall Pats lost game much the same way they lost to Seattle this past week. AZ hung around, scored a late TD and then Pats came back only to miss a FG.
Game 3: Killed the Eagles... I dont know why the Eagles did not even show up. It was something like 24-0 at one point and Phily still had more yards.
Game 4: Dolphins: Were dominated that game in most aspects other than score board. Late game comeback to win game in OT. Dolls once again lost a close one.
Game 5: Lost to Rams. Rams got more sacks than Cards got points.
Game 6: Lost to Bills: Another game that could have gone either way. Made Bills D-Line look like All Pros and gave Bills fans everywhere more false hope...

*Really they are a few plays away from being 1-5

Skooby
10-15-2012, 11:13 PM
That whole NFC west division is doing well, maybe that common opponent record tie-breaker might be of some use to us down the road.

Mike
10-16-2012, 01:03 AM
That whole NFC west division is doing well:

Cards: Could be 5-1 or 1-5. Good at closing out games. Struggle on offense and are an average team at best.
49ers: Were really exposed by NYG this past weekend. Elite team with SB aspirations.
Seahawks: This is a team that is really growing on me. #1 Defense in NFL plus a good rookie QB in Wilson who has already lead them to a number of 4th Quarter victories. Could of beat Cards in opener had it not been for dropped TD in endzone.
Rams: Better than expected. Rememeber Jeff Fisher and his Ds back in the Tenn Days? Well, their D-line is everything the Bills D line wanted to be and a bag of chips. The Rams D is playing mile high, their QB is also playing well and they are a few playmakers away from being a contender.

* This Division is about to get a whole lot tougher...

Mike
10-16-2012, 01:16 AM
AFC East: Where everyone is average

Pats: Worst start this decade. They don't look like the contender that everyone is used to seeing. Their Defense is improved however the offense has taken a step back, a step all the way back to 2002 -well maybe not that far. Brady is getting older as well as some of his his WR. The Window is closing on this once great dynasty -one of the greatest- and unless the Pats win another SB Brady and Co may truly regret the loss of a perfect season.
Dolphins: Remember how we rediculed them in the offseason because no one wanted to play or coach for the Dolphins? So many coaches (J. Fisher, etc) and even QBs passed on them (Manning, Flynn, etc,,,) in the past few years and after years of being dreadful -but not as dreadful as our Bills- they finally look to be turning the corner to everyone's surprise. At this point, the Dolphins are the second best team in the AFCE and a few bounces away from being 5-1 and they have the one thing that the Bills and Jets wish they had, a QB.
Jets: I love the roller coaster ride. This team and the Bills are very similar. I bet they have homer fans too that point out how they are tied for first...Ha! A day late and a dollar short and it looks like this team will have to fight it out with the Bills on who is the worst team in the division. My money is on the Bills seeing as how they can not win a division game to save their lives.
Bills: We Won!!! WoW that must mean that we are good now. I knew it, those loses in which the Defense gave up almost 150 points in 3 games were just anomalies. Go ahead and barry your head in the sand or just 'have a little faith'. However you choose to rationalize and defend this team and no matter how far your barry your head up OBD ass, this team will still suck at the end of the day. And if they make it to 7-9 or 8-8 I hope you realize that its NOT some kind of moral victory but more of the same.