PDA

View Full Version : Matt Hasselbeck to start again

BLeonard
10-15-2012, 11:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8509874/matt-hasselbeck-tennessee-titans-make-third-straight-start-sunday-buffalo-bills

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee quarterback Matt Hasselbeck will start his third straight game when the Titans visit Buffalo on Sunday, and injured Jake Locker could be healthy enough to return in a week.

Doctors checked Locker's left, non-throwing shoulder again Monday.

Coach Mike Munchak said he didn't have the results, but that the quarterback is healing.

"I wouldn't think he'd play this week," Munchak said. "He's doing better, much better than he was last week at this time. He'll probably start doing more activity this week. But again, we'll just have to wait and see how he does the next couple days, how fast he comes along. I would imagine it would take him another week."

-Bill

jamze132
10-16-2012, 03:15 AM
It might not matter if Fitz can't it his open WRs.

Ingtar33
10-16-2012, 08:54 AM
the Titan's defense makes ours look good in comparison... If we can't score 30 on them we have no business playing another game this year.

OpIv37
10-16-2012, 09:52 AM
the Titan's defense makes ours look good in comparison... If we can't score 30 on them we have no business playing another game this year.

We'll score 30- the problem is that 21 of it will come in garbage time after we get behind 40-9

Skooby
10-16-2012, 09:58 AM
We'll score 30- the problem is that 21 of it will come in garbage time after we get behind 40-9

I think we blow TN out, 13-15 point margin of victory. TN is going to have to resort to passing after we get ahead, a formula for disaster.

Ed
10-16-2012, 10:00 AM
I wish Locker was playing. I'm worried about Chris Johnson, but that's about it.

RedEyE
10-16-2012, 10:47 AM
This will be the week that puts Chris Johnson back into the leagues top 10 rushers. lol

ghz in pittsburgh
10-16-2012, 11:02 AM
I saw a bit of Steelers - Titans game and heard all the lament last Friday. Pretty much Hasselbeck's arm is shot and floated a lot of ducks out there. The Steeler's bad secondary just was not up to the task and they themselves said as much. I could see Byrd has another big game now he seems to be in the zone.

Chris Johnson is a completely different story. He started the season slow and seemed to warmup. The Steelers game was his best so far. Steelers' D-line was not as good as they used to be despite a couple of recent 1st round picks but their LB is still top notch. I'm worried that if Chris Johnson can somehow get by our D-Line with some regularity, then you are looking at a long day for the Bills (think of what Spiller did to Cardinals' safeties). To me, stopping Chris Johnson means everything in this game.

On offense, I believe we can score points. Titans defensive coordinator Gray uses Gregg Williams' all pressure system that I believe will play into Fitz's strength - he's usually pretty good at detecting where the pressure is coming from. If he is able to direct our O-line to negate what Gray brings, our receivers should have enough time to create enough separation that his inaccuracy may not show that much.

ParanoidAndroid
10-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Stack the box and play a shallow zone. Hasselbeck is a lot like Fitz only with a weaker arm. Stop the run first and force them into 3rd and longs.

Oaf
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Hasselbeck played great against the Steelers. I'd rather play Locker. I see a lot of dink and dunk, a high comp %, a few deep throws, and probably a few sacks for Hasselback.

trapezeus
10-16-2012, 04:43 PM
we all know how the bills do when the backup enters, especially one in the tail end of his career. one last career day to feel like he still has it.

Night Train
10-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Our wildcat calls will give the Titans a chance.

Skooby
10-16-2012, 05:05 PM
Our QB gives everyone a chance.

Oaf
10-16-2012, 05:25 PM

I expect at least one successful Titans O/ST trick play to give them a chance.

HAMMER
10-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Wow, I can't believe you guys aren't coaches in this league yet.

trapezeus
10-17-2012, 07:27 AM
I expect at least one successful Titans O/ST trick play to give them a chance.

one that follows the actual rules, or one where the throw is clearly a throw forward and we just let it go because, "what the hell, why not?"

i can't believe we went through that and no goal in the same year. what a terrible year in sports for us all.

TigerJ
10-18-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm hoping the Bills defensive performance versus Arizona was the beginning of a trend after the debacles versus San Francisco and New England. As far as the Bill' offense is concerned, I'll believe that Fitz can throw a 20 yard pass to a WR who catches it in stride when I see it. Fortunately, they have that explosive running game with Jackson and especially Spiller.