PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald on Gilmore

The King
10-16-2012, 09:36 AM
He told me to keep working and I’m going to be a good player in the league,” said Gilmore of the postgame conversation on the field. “He said to never get complacent, keep working hard and keep working on my craft. Coming from a good receiver like him that’s gone against good DBs I know I’ve got to keep working and keep doing my job.”

“He said I shut him down, but it was a team effort,” said Gilmore. “The pressure was getting there and I was getting my hands on the receivers so it’s all a team effort.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Gilmore-wanted-Fitzgerald-matchup/9459092e-4c56-45ad-a9ca-c772f47149a3

There need to be more players like Fitzgerald in the NFL.

Pride
10-16-2012, 09:38 AM
As well as Gilmore...

IlluminatusUIUC
10-16-2012, 09:45 AM
“He said I shut him down, but it was a team effort,”

*pssst* Wannestadt, see that? If you put our #1 cornerback on their #1 WR, it might actually work. Covering him with Barnett and Scott.... not so much.

better days
10-16-2012, 11:29 AM
As well as Gilmore...

.............on the Bills.

jdaltroy5
10-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Fitzgerald is one of the classiest guys in the NFL.

Always respected and rooted for him.

Night Train
10-16-2012, 02:57 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Gilmore-wanted-Fitzgerald-matchup/9459092e-4c56-45ad-a9ca-c772f47149a3

There need to be more players like Fitzgerald in the NFL.

What's not to like about him ? Teams dream of having players like him on their roster. Big fan.

Oaf
10-16-2012, 04:29 PM
They just were friends because of the hair. :peace:

LtFinFan66
10-16-2012, 06:56 PM

There need to be more players like Fitzgerald in the NFL.No doubt...he said something like that to Sean Smith after the Fins game too. Class dude

Mr. Pink
10-16-2012, 08:55 PM
:rofl: Fitzgerald was open all day long. The Cards QBs are just garbage.

wmoz11
10-17-2012, 05:17 AM
*pssst* Wannestadt, see that? If you put our #1 cornerback on their #1 WR, it might actually work. Covering him with Barnett and Scott.... not so much.

I'm tired of seeing/hearing this. We're not the only team that can dictate matchups. As if we CHOSE to have Barnett and Scott covering Fitz.

Joe Fo Sho
10-17-2012, 08:20 AM
:rofl: Fitzgerald was open all day long. The Cards QBs are just garbage.

That's because Gilmore wasn't on him on every play. We had the genius defensive scheme of putting LBs on him in the redzone and covering him with our slowest and oldest CB, McGee.

OpIv37
10-17-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm tired of seeing/hearing this. We're not the only team that can dictate matchups. As if we CHOSE to have Barnett and Scott covering Fitz.

It's Wannstadt's job not to let that happen. Sure, he's going up against NFL coaches on the other side too, and no DC is going to win that battle every time.

But, this has been a consistent problem all season. Come to think of it, it's been a consistent problem with this team for as long as I can remember. The other team adjusts to what we're doing during the game, we stick with the same game plan the whole time. Once other teams catch on to what we're doing and start getting their #1 WR single covered by our LB or S, it's on Wannstadt to respond and fix it. He fails that test time and time again.

OpIv37
10-17-2012, 12:28 PM
That's because Gilmore wasn't on him on every play. We had the genius defensive scheme of putting LBs on him in the redzone and covering him with our slowest and oldest CB, McGee.

What's worse is that McGee didn't get beat because he's old and slow. Guys like Fitzgerald are going to beat CB's. McGee got beat because he was playing zone while the rest of the D was playing man. It was a mental mistake that's inexcusable for a guy with McGee's experience. Getting beat by better/younger players is frustrating, but it's part of the game. Getting beat because of dumb mental mistakes by veteran players is just sickening.

ServoBillieves
10-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Gilmore is a bust. Just like Dareus is a bust. It's only been a year, but we're Bills fans... Gilmore hasn't proved to be a HOF caliber CB and Dareus only pushes the pocket, he doesn't have good statistics! These players, whether they are good or not, are worthless in the eyes of Bills fans. Learn to play dammit!

jdaltroy5
10-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Gilmore is a bust. Just like Dareus is a bust. It's only been a year, but we're Bills fans... Gilmore hasn't proved to be a HOF caliber CB and Dareus only pushes the pocket, he doesn't have good statistics! These players, whether they are good or not, are worthless in the eyes of Bills fans. Learn to play dammit!

Gilmore didn't tackle Goodell on stage.

What a loser. He should've been cut on the spot.

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Come to think of it, it's been a consistent problem with this team for as long as I can remember. The other team adjusts to what we're doing during the game, we stick with the same game plan the whole time.
If this is true, then there can be only 2 possible reassons, based on only 2 things have been the only constants, since the coaching has turned over multiple times since "as long as you can remember". And I very much doubt all the coaches throughout the years employed the same mindset.

1. It's Ralph behind the scenes calling the plays.
2. It's the way you perceive it as a cynical Bills fan.

If I had to choose.....

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2012, 03:00 PM
or 3. Your memory cannot extend past the last 2 years from all the bong hits you took.

OpIv37
10-17-2012, 03:06 PM
If this is true, then there can be only 2 possible reassons, based on only 2 things have been the only constants, since the coaching has turned over multiple times since "as long as you can remember". And I very much doubt all the coaches throughout the years employed the same mindset.

1. It's Ralph behind the scenes calling the plays.
2. It's the way you perceive it as a cynical Bills fan.

If I had to choose.....

Or, maybe, just maybe, Ralph always goes cheap on coaches and has yet to shell out for one who's actually capable of making in-game adjustments. But nah, Ralph paid Mario Williams, therefore he is not cheap and never has been.

OpIv37
10-17-2012, 03:08 PM
or 3. Your memory cannot extend past the last 2 years from all the bong hits you took.

Well, if you said from all the punches to the head or all the booze I drink, you might have been onto something, but I haven't done weed since college and even then it was only a handful of times.

But anyway, it's not even accurate because Jauron was even worse at in-game adjustments than Gailey is.

Mr. Miyagi
10-17-2012, 03:17 PM
No doubt...he said something like that to Sean Smith after the Fins game too. Class dude
Oh so he tells that to everybody. Don't feel so special anymore. :(