• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marcala12
    • Aug 2012

IT's official, Aaron Williams is a BUSTa BUST

From the Buffalo News, quoted in rotoworld:

Bills LCB Aaron Williams has allowed five touchdown passes this season, the most of any cornerback in the league.

According to Pro Football Focus, quarterbacks have produced a gaudy 129.2 passer rating on throws in Williams' territory. If not for veteran Terrence McGee's nagging knee injury, Williams would have lost his job by now. Rookie RCB Stephon Gilmore has also struggled at times. It's an ideal matchup for a Kenny Britt breakout game this week.

This guy has a long way to go; I'm calling it - Time of Bust 11:35 AM Friday, October 19th. So now we're down to two busts (Leodis + Williams) a gimpy has been (McGee), and a very unpolished and unproven rookie (Gilmore). Good think we spend high picks on CB's so often! We might have a d-line, but our CB's and our LB's are pretty much bottom of the barrel.
    I know some people have been calling for a trade up to get one of the top 2 QB's in the draft, a trade like the Redskins made to get RG3. It seemed like that would be a good plan if and when FItz crapped the bed this season, but with the amount of holes we have on defense, I''m not so sure giving up all of our picks is such a good idea anymore.
    Somebody over at another sports forum is insane. He's a fat-ass who has nothing better to do than run a site like he's some type of powerful person when everyone knows that he's a worthless person. Banning people with no explanation when they simply ask a pertinant question in a chatroom? He removes 1000's of threads that have real meaning to people without so much as an explanation. He barely has a pot to piss in, so his only shot of exerting power in his whole life is to act like an internet Hitler. The funny thing is EVERYONE talks so much s*** about the guy behind his back in Pm's etc. because everyone hates him.

PM ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS IN other sports sites - tell them BillsZone is where it's at. BillsZone has a chance to be everything that the other site should have been, but couldn't be because that other guy is so insane.
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: IT's official, Aaron Williams is a BUSTa BUST

Congrats on calling it! You have received 6 Internet Points!!!

Collect 100 Internet Points to receive your gift of either adding to your real life reputation, 13 facebook friends, or 1 actual person who cares!

Internet Points can not be redeemed during business or non-business hours and have an actual value of 1/1000th of 3/100ths of a tenth of a penny.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I like the aggressive nature of Gilmores play. He's a rookie going up against the best in the league mistakes will happen. But I think he's going to be a good player.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
        • Mar 2004

He maybe just playing out of position I don't think I want to label him a bust 1.5 years into his career. He does suck at corner tho.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
          • Sep 2012

Called it weeks ago (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...t=#post3694608)

I'm hoping he can be salvaged as a safety or something. I also think they should do what they claimed they were going to do in the first place and try having him cover tight ends.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The King View Post
            I like the aggressive nature of Gilmores play. He's a rookie going up against the best in the league mistakes will happen. But I think he's going to be a good player.
            Agreed. I'm OK with Gilmore's mistakes because he's still learning. He's shown promise and as long as he steadily improves, he will be fine. It's 6 games into his career into a position that probably has the 2nd steepest learning curve in the NFL, behind only QB (you could argue DT but I think that's more physical development than learning). I don't think we have anything to worry about with him.

Williams, on the other hand, looks ****ing clueless. He has a 1 year head start on Gilmore but isn't nearly as good. Seriously, all CB's will make a mistake here and there or get beat but a better athlete, but it's constant with this guy. He never seems to be in the right position and when he is, he gets beat physically.

Oh, and BTW, I got trashed for saying that the two pass break-ups he had against Cleveland would have been TD's against better QB's. What happens when he plays better QB's? He gives up more TD's than any CB in the league. The truth hurts.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

And to be honest, I don't get it.

Williams looked decent last year and seemed to be catching on quickly. This year, he looks pathetic.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Marcala12
                • Aug 2012

There is plenty to like about Gilmore as his mistakes are correctable and the growing pains early in his rookie year are to be expected. But Williams is looking like a dog.
                Somebody over at another sports forum is insane. He's a fat-ass who has nothing better to do than run a site like he's some type of powerful person when everyone knows that he's a worthless person. Banning people with no explanation when they simply ask a pertinant question in a chatroom? He removes 1000's of threads that have real meaning to people without so much as an explanation. He barely has a pot to piss in, so his only shot of exerting power in his whole life is to act like an internet Hitler. The funny thing is EVERYONE talks so much s*** about the guy behind his back in Pm's etc. because everyone hates him.

PM ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS IN other sports sites - tell them BillsZone is where it's at. BillsZone has a chance to be everything that the other site should have been, but couldn't be because that other guy is so insane.

Comment

• Marcala12
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
                  Called it weeks ago (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...t=#post3694608)

I'm hoping he can be salvaged as a safety or something. I also think they should do what they claimed they were going to do in the first place and try having him cover tight ends.
                  sorry missed that before...nice work and good call.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                    And to be honest, I don't get it.

Williams looked decent last year and seemed to be catching on quickly. This year, he looks pathetic.
                    Well we went through a rather large change.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ed
                      Dude
                      • Sep 2002

Here's an interview with Aaron Williams from Tim Graham. Some tough questions, but it sounds like he handled himself well. I hope he can improve, but maybe he's a better fit at safety.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Marcala12 View Post
                        sorry missed that before...nice work and good call.
                        No apology necessary, just agreeing with you. The guy is a serious liability.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          Well we went through a rather large change.
                          Really though? How large of a change is it for someone who has played football their whole lives?

I recently changed jobs within the company- same basic role, but a completely different project with a completely different client. They do some things differently and I've made a few mistakes as I'm learning the new processes, and I'm sure I'll make a few more despite my best efforts. But I didn't go from a good employee to "completely incompetent" because of a few different procedures.

Also, Williams was a rookie last year so he was learning on the job last year as well- how do you explain how he seemed to pick everything up well last year, but is completely clueless trying to pick things up this year? It just doesn't make any sense.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

Didn't a lot of people think Williams would be a safety in the NFL around the draft?
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              Really though? How large of a change is it for someone who has played football their whole lives?

I recently changed jobs within the company- same basic role, but a completely different project with a completely different client. They do some things differently and I've made a few mistakes as I'm learning the new processes, and I'm sure I'll make a few more despite my best efforts. But I didn't go from a good employee to "completely incompetent" because of a few different procedures.

Also, Williams was a rookie last year so he was learning on the job last year as well- how do you explain how he seemed to pick everything up well last year, but is completely clueless trying to pick things up this year? It just doesn't make any sense.
                              Yes really and are you really trying to draw a comp between what you do in an office all day to what somebody does on the football field? I understand the analogy, but its horribly simplified.

We went from a scheme that asked Williams to do one thing last year that also called for certain coverage schemes, to an enitrely different scheme this year that is asking Williams to do different things. Its not as easy and simply saying ok you cover #82. There is a reason why McKelvin looks better this year too. Some CB's are better in man, some are better in zone, some excel at both. Williams seemed to me to be better when he could just concentrate on a singular guy like he did last year. This year with the switching and zone responsibilities he looks confused. That's why Im not sure a move to Safety helps him unless they are going to let him play straight CF as a FS and we all know he's not taking Byrd's job.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X