2 questions, 1 thread. (warning: unrelated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Oaf
    Do you read what you write?
    • Jun 2007

2 questions, 1 thread. (warning: unrelated)

1. What is Ryan Fitzpatrick signature TD celebration all about?

2. Why doesn't the NFL show games from behind the offense instead of the traditional sideline shot?

• buffalobillsfan95
    • Jan 2010

Re: 2 questions, 1 thread. (warning: unrelated)

Probably so people can see every player and 1st down marker clearly.
    ( false starts, defensive offsides)
    “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
      • Jul 2002

1) No idea
      2) Nobody wants to watch a game that way except you.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
        • Sep 2012

1) Beats me

2) IIRC, that camera doesn't work in severe weather. They may also not have enough of them and the various other bits to show every game that way. NBC online lets you watch the whole game that way though.
        Last edited by IlluminatusUIUC; 10-20-2012, 02:57 PM.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Oaf
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
          1) No idea
          2) Nobody wants to watch a game that way except you.
          Tell me you wouldn't want to watch more football from this perspective.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Especially for pass plays where you can see multiple WRs developing their routes. Today, when the ball is thrown past the camera, you have nothing but hope to go on that an open receiver will suddenly come onto the screen.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
            Tell me you wouldn't want to watch more football from this perspective.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Especially for pass plays where you can see multiple WRs developing their routes. Today, when the ball is thrown past the camera, you have nothing but hope to go on that an open receiver will suddenly come onto the screen.
            Nope, I wouldn't. That view is awful.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

1. He has a TD celebration?

2. That's part of the All-22 look, if you pay for the NFL Game Rewind. They show you two angles. The angle you're referring to is great for watching DL and OL players along with QB reads and WR routes.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                1. He has a TD celebration?

2. That's part of the All-22 look, if you pay for the NFL Game Rewind. They show you two angles. The angle you're referring to is great for watching DL and OL players along with QB reads and WR routes.
                The All-22 cameras are up high on the stadium, much father away. That's a camera suspended on wires over the field that moves with the action.

Personally, I agree that it's a much better perspective for watching games though. The traditional view misses so much.
                Last edited by IlluminatusUIUC; 10-20-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• Oaf
                  • Jun 2007

That's part of the All-22 look, if you pay for the NFL Game Rewind. They show you two angles. The angle you're referring to is great for watching DL and OL players along with QB reads and WR routes.
                  That's what I'm talking about. Does anyone think they'll start to show that during live broadcasts in the future?

I mean, the camera is essentially what you'd see in Madden. It's so much easy to play football (virtual) like that, why wouldn't we want to watch football like that?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

If it's far away like in the video, I hope they never use it.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                      • Jul 2002

I've seen too many games from the endzone. When I'm home I want the side view. In my opinion the best live view of a game is from the upper deck, where you can see the passing plays develop. For the record, I had season tickets for over 20 years & had upper deck seats for about half the time & endzone seats for the other half. This is my 1st season since 1990 that I don't have seasons so I'll be seeing more TV football this season than I have in a long time. If they start showing endzone views with guys running away from the camera, the tv is going off.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                        If it's far away like in the video, I hope they never use it.
                        That clip Oaf posted is not the best example. Because it's a punt, the camera has to be like 25-30 yards off the LOS. On a regular snap, it's only about 10-15, and it gives a much better view of the action.

Comment

• kishoph
                          • Jun 2003

I agree, I love using the All 22 to watch the line play and seeings things like the holes opening up, as far as watching the whole game that way, to me it'd be like sitting in the End Zone, with the depth perception, you can't enjoy plays as much, runs look the same, whether they're 5 yards or 0 yards.

Comment

Working...
                          X