PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions, 1 thread. (warning: unrelated)

Oaf
10-20-2012, 01:54 PM
1. What is Ryan Fitzpatrick signature TD celebration all about?

2. Why doesn't the NFL show games from behind the offense instead of the traditional sideline shot?

buffalobillsfan95
10-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Probably so people can see every player and 1st down marker clearly.
( false starts, defensive offsides)

Albany,n.y.
10-20-2012, 02:26 PM
1) No idea
2) Nobody wants to watch a game that way except you.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-20-2012, 02:54 PM
1) Beats me

2) IIRC, that camera doesn't work in severe weather. They may also not have enough of them and the various other bits to show every game that way. NBC online lets you watch the whole game that way though.

Oaf
10-20-2012, 04:12 PM
1) No idea
2) Nobody wants to watch a game that way except you.

Tell me you wouldn't want to watch more football from this perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNu_GzdRo4&feature=related

Especially for pass plays where you can see multiple WRs developing their routes. Today, when the ball is thrown past the camera, you have nothing but hope to go on that an open receiver will suddenly come onto the screen.

BertSquirtgum
10-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Tell me you wouldn't want to watch more football from this perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNu_GzdRo4&feature=related

Especially for pass plays where you can see multiple WRs developing their routes. Today, when the ball is thrown past the camera, you have nothing but hope to go on that an open receiver will suddenly come onto the screen.

Nope, I wouldn't. That view is awful.

DraftBoy
10-20-2012, 05:09 PM
1. He has a TD celebration?

2. That's part of the All-22 look, if you pay for the NFL Game Rewind. They show you two angles. The angle you're referring to is great for watching DL and OL players along with QB reads and WR routes.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-20-2012, 06:02 PM
1. He has a TD celebration?

2. That's part of the All-22 look, if you pay for the NFL Game Rewind. They show you two angles. The angle you're referring to is great for watching DL and OL players along with QB reads and WR routes.

The All-22 cameras are up high on the stadium, much father away. That's a camera suspended on wires over the field that moves with the action.

Personally, I agree that it's a much better perspective for watching games though. The traditional view misses so much.

Oaf
10-20-2012, 06:40 PM
That's part of the All-22 look, if you pay for the NFL Game Rewind. They show you two angles. The angle you're referring to is great for watching DL and OL players along with QB reads and WR routes.

That's what I'm talking about. Does anyone think they'll start to show that during live broadcasts in the future?

I mean, the camera is essentially what you'd see in Madden. It's so much easy to play football (virtual) like that, why wouldn't we want to watch football like that?

BertSquirtgum
10-20-2012, 08:18 PM
If it's far away like in the video, I hope they never use it.

Albany,n.y.
10-20-2012, 10:17 PM
I've seen too many games from the endzone. When I'm home I want the side view. In my opinion the best live view of a game is from the upper deck, where you can see the passing plays develop. For the record, I had season tickets for over 20 years & had upper deck seats for about half the time & endzone seats for the other half. This is my 1st season since 1990 that I don't have seasons so I'll be seeing more TV football this season than I have in a long time. If they start showing endzone views with guys running away from the camera, the tv is going off.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-21-2012, 12:11 AM
If it's far away like in the video, I hope they never use it.

That clip Oaf posted is not the best example. Because it's a punt, the camera has to be like 25-30 yards off the LOS. On a regular snap, it's only about 10-15, and it gives a much better view of the action.

kishoph
10-21-2012, 04:03 AM

I agree, I love using the All 22 to watch the line play and seeings things like the holes opening up, as far as watching the whole game that way, to me it'd be like sitting in the End Zone, with the depth perception, you can't enjoy plays as much, runs look the same, whether they're 5 yards or 0 yards.