PDA

View Full Version : Bucky Gleason: There’s less to Bills than meets the eye

YardRat
10-21-2012, 08:39 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121021/SPORTS/121029884/1004

The Bills could, and should, win today in Ralph Wilson Stadium and slide into the bye week with a 4-3 record. The Titans actually have been worse than the Bills this season. Tennessee is ranked in the bottom third in almost every meaningful statistic on offense and defense. It’s first in punting and punt returns.

Tennessee (2-4) has struggled for most of the season. Its two wins came over Detroit and Pittsburgh, both of which have underperformed based on preseason predictions. Both victories came by a field goal. The Titans have been dreadful in defeat, losing to New England, San Diego, Houston and Minnesota by an average of 24 points.

In a conference in which only two teams have winning records, including the AFC South-leading Texans (5-1), Tennessee is somehow in the hunt for a playoff spot. The Titans are yet another example of how mediocrity or worse is darned near good enough in the NFL.

“A lot of it doesn’t make sense," coach Mike Munchak said. “One team beats another team and then loses badly to another team. You try to figure it all out. I think that’s the fun part for the fan bases. I’m sure the people of Buffalo say, ‘We’re 3-3,’ and they’re in first place. We’re 2-4 and a game out of the conversation for maybe a wild card."

Turf
10-21-2012, 09:21 AM
The NFL has become a watered down product of itself. I blame it on too small of a roster size and the inability for teams to hold onto their developed players financially.