PDA

View Full Version : Fitz's head

cgbm
10-21-2012, 03:02 PM
i havent posted here in a while. but after this game i find it nessesary to start it up again.

WE HAVE TO GET RID OF FITZ.

anyone who thinks different needs to quit pretenting to be a bills fan.

he is absolutely horrible.
with little time left in the game and throwing a go ahead pic is one thing. TERRIBLE.
but then on 4th and 2 to underthrow a very covered receiver thats another thing. HORRIFIC.

i want him gone. NOW.

Thurmal
10-21-2012, 03:06 PM
When fans are praying that Tarvaris Jackson gets a chance to start, you know that you have a God-awful QB.

YardRat
10-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately, today was without a doubt Fitz's best game of the year. Poor time to throw a pick, and unfortunate that Powell is a choker, but this loss is almost entirely on the defense.

We do need an upgrade at QB, though.

Night Train
10-21-2012, 04:39 PM
He's Gaileys favorite person on the team, next to Wanny. They will sink this ship together.

OpIv37
10-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Fitz had a great game today.

And STILL managed to **** it up with a stupid turnover at the end.

Yeah, the loss is definitely on the D and not on Fitz, but at the same time, it's just infuriating that this guy can't have one good game without ****ing it up at the end.

X-Era
10-21-2012, 04:58 PM
Fitz had a great game today.

And STILL managed to **** it up with a stupid turnover at the end.

Yeah, the loss is definitely on the D and not on Fitz, but at the same time, it's just infuriating that this guy can't have one good game without ****ing it up at the end.

The concept with Fitz was that he could be just fine as just an average QB if we had a stellar defense or offense around him. Moreover, that he wouldn't win or lose games for you.

Well, he lost the game for us today. The defense made the game that close, but Fitz's horrible pick sealed the deal.

So were left with a defense that's bad, and offense that could be good but is limited by Fitz.

That's why this team is where it is. The quarterback position needs to be upgraded that's clear.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 05:44 PM
The concept with Fitz was that he could be just fine as just an average QB if we had a stellar defense or offense around him. Moreover, that he wouldn't win or lose games for you.

Well, he lost the game for us today. The defense made the game that close, but Fitz's horrible pick sealed the deal.

So were left with a defense that's bad, and offense that could be good but is limited by Fitz.

That's why this team is where it is. The quarterback position needs to be upgraded that's clear.

A defense that allows 35 points consistently is what loses games for this team. Holy cow.

This is epic bad defense. I've said that each year since Gailey has been here and each year the defense gets worse. I'm really unusre how that is even remotely possible.

Picksputrid is part of the problem no doubt but Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning in his prime would be hard pressed to win games consistently when the D gives up 35 points almost every week.

SquishDaFish
10-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Im sorry I know we need an upgrade at QB but right now I must say Wanny is the one who needs to go first. This defense is ****ing pathetic. No offense can win with this **** defense. Fitzy acc had a damn good game today. We are up and abandon the run WHY????

starrymessenger
10-21-2012, 06:14 PM
I agree with the OP. Fitz fumbled in his own end, Titans score. Fitz threw a terrible int leading to another TD and a loss. One of our TDs was special teams.
He mostly threw 3 yard passes against one of the worse secondaries in the league (including with 90 seconds left in the game) in effect running plays.
The D sucks but this guy has no business starting in this league.

cgbm
10-21-2012, 06:26 PM
the responses hurt so bad.

every every year you guys say the same thing. the bills suck because the defense is terrible. we need d in the draft. our qb can make it. every year you say the same crap.

and every year we continue to suck. when will you guys decide to admit that if we have a great qb then we will win games regardless of the defensive problems.

food for thought? do you think our d is as bad as it is because we cant keep them off the field for one second?

X-Era
10-21-2012, 06:42 PM
A defense that allows 35 points consistently is what loses games for this team. Holy cow.

This is epic bad defense. I've said that each year since Gailey has been here and each year the defense gets worse. I'm really unusre how that is even remotely possible.

Picksputrid is part of the problem no doubt but Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning in his prime would be hard pressed to win games consistently when the D gives up 35 points almost every week.Ummm, have you looked at some of the defenses for Indy and NE? In 2010, NE's defense ended up worse than ours at 25th overall in 2011 their D was ranked 31st. They were the division champs in both those years and conference champs in 2011.

Indy had the 21st ranked defense when they won the SB in 2006.

Were they giving up 35 points a week? No. But it's not like those defenses were great or even good.

X-Era
10-21-2012, 06:44 PM
the responses hurt so bad.

every every year you guys say the same thing. the bills suck because the defense is terrible. we need d in the draft. our qb can make it. every year you say the same crap.

and every year we continue to suck. when will you guys decide to admit that if we have a great qb then we will win games regardless of the defensive problems.

food for thought? do you think our d is as bad as it is because we cant keep them off the field for one second?It's a critical position and I want the best possible player. I thought we had a guy who wouldn't win games for us but wouldn't lose them either. Well, he lost this one for us... That's unacceptable to me. Fitz is back to being inadequate in my opinion.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Ummm, have you looked at some of the defenses for Indy and NE? In 2010, NE's defense ended up worse than ours at 25th overall in 2011 their D was ranked 31st. They were the division champs in both those years and conference champs in 2011.

Indy had the 21st ranked defense when they won the SB in 2006.

Were they giving up 35 points a week? No. But it's not like those defenses were great or even good.

The only stat that matters is points allowed. Who cares how many yards you give up.

Pats - Allowed 342 points (21.4/g), 15th.

Bills - Allowed 434 points (27.1/g), 30th.

That was last year. This is this year so far, not including today which makes them even more apart.

Bills - Allowed 192 points (32.0/g), 31st.

Pats - Allowed 137 points (22.8/g), 15th.

X-Era
10-21-2012, 06:51 PM
The only stat that matters is points allowed. Who cares how many yards you give up.

Pats - Allowed 342 points (21.4/g), 15th.

Bills - Allowed 434 points (27.1/g), 30th.

That was last year. This is this year so far, not including today which makes them even more apart.

Bills - Allowed 192 points (32.0/g), 31st.

Pats - Allowed 137 points (22.8/g), 15th.The point is we have no idea what our results would be with Peyton or Brady behind the wheel.

Oaf
10-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Dareus and Sheppard are just abysmal against the run.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 06:55 PM
The point is we have no idea what our results would be with Peyton or Brady behind the wheel.

So do you think with Peyton or Brady we would have scored another FG or TD than we did today?

Because that's what it would have taken to win. In case ya missed things today Chris Johnson did anything and everything he wanted on the ground. Doesn't matter who you have behind center when that happens.

You can't put all the blame on a teams offense for losing a game where they put up 34 and still lose.

X-Era
10-21-2012, 07:00 PM
So do you think with Peyton or Brady we would have scored another FG or TD than we did today?

Because that's what it would have taken to win. In case ya missed things today Chris Johnson did anything and everything he wanted on the ground. Doesn't matter who you have behind center when that happens.

You can't put all the blame on a teams offense for losing a game where they put up 34 and still lose.Do I think Peyton or Brady would have thrown that INT to lose the game? No, I don't.

Skooby
10-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Fitz wasn't the problem today, our defense basically got raped over & over again. Basically like the head guy from the Hills had eyes movie, looking to play the field.

jlgarsh
10-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I think Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, or Brees would each be able to convert more TDs if they were back there today, so yes, I think we'd have won with any of the above. Substitute Andy Dalton for the Aaron Williams pick, and this team would at least have some hope (even if they lost today)...

X-Era
10-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Fitz wasn't the problem today, our defense basically got raped over & over again. Basically like the head guy from the Hills had eyes movie, looking to play the field.
The defense was the main problem that lead to this being a close game but the win was within our grasp before the INT.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 07:14 PM
I think Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, or Brees would each be able to convert more TDs if they were back there today, so yes, I think we'd have won with any of the above. Substitute Andy Dalton for the Aaron Williams pick, and this team would at least have some hope (even if they lost today)...

As of today, Dalton is no better than Fitz. The only thing he has in his favor is that he could still improve, doesn't mean he will though.

cgbm
10-21-2012, 07:22 PM
so what im getting here is that funtimes really doesnt think fitz is a problem here.

btw our d kept us in the game.

it was fitz's interception that put the titans in our red zone and subsequently let them score a td with less than 2 mins to go.

what did the d do wrong there? they let them score inside the redzone right after they got off the field? i think you expect too much.

our d had the game won for us. fitz said "hell no.... i REFUSE to let this d keep us in the game, watch what i do.... INT......TD"

cgbm
10-21-2012, 07:23 PM
with my original post.

you all are still saying that we need d in the draft / free agency?

if so, i need to find a new bills zone to go to where they arent dillusional.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 07:24 PM
so what im getting here is that funtimes really doesnt think fitz is a problem here.

it was fitz's interception that put the titans in our red zone and subsequently let them score a td with less than 2 mins to go.

what did the d do wrong there? they let them score inside the redzone right after they got off the field? i think you expect too much.

our d had the game won for us. fitz said "hell no.... i REFUSE to let this d keep us in the game, watch what i do.... INT......TD"

A D that gives up 35 points played well enough to win the game for you? Wow your standards are horribly off.

Fitz is part of the problem but not THE problem. THE problem is a defense that's giving up around 33 points a game on average.

Don't care who your QB is when you give up 33 points a game, you're not winning many games.

X-Era
10-21-2012, 07:26 PM
A D that gives up 35 points played well enough to win the game for you? Wow your standards are horribly off.

Fitz is part of the problem but not THE problem. THE problem is a defense that's giving up around 33 points a game on average.

Don't care who your QB is when you give up 33 points a game, you're not winning many games.
He is a major problem as of now. Is he the only one? No. I don't think anyone would say he is.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 07:28 PM

There is no THE problem with this team. There are tons of problems. But QB is going to be the easiest to fix because just about anyone is an improvement and it's just one player. Fixing the defense is going to be a lot more complicated.

Plug a real QB in where Fitz is and we win today. Plug a real QB in this season and the Bills are 10-6. With Fitz, they will be lucky to get 7 wins.

If Fitz is the starter next year, I'm done.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 07:34 PM
There is no THE problem with this team. There are tons of problems. But QB is going to be the easiest to fix because just about anyone is an improvement and it's just one player. Fixing the defense is going to be a lot more complicated.

Plug a real QB in where Fitz is and we win today. Plug a real QB in this season and the Bills are 10-6. With Fitz, they will be lucky to get 7 wins.

We'd only need Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady at QB to win 10 games a year with this defense.

Those are the 3 teams that scored over 33 points per game which is what we would need to do as of right now.

So what's easier fixing the QB or fixing the D really?

Maybe in 2 weeks when the Texans hang 40+ on this pathetic defense you'll see the defense is the biggest problem. Or maybe in 3 weeks when we give up 40+ in back to back weeks again you'll get it.

Fact of the matter is when you score 34 points you should win the football game.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 07:35 PM
We'd only need Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady at QB to win 10 games a year with this defense.

Why? Even a dope like Sanchez would have been enough today.

There are probably 25 starting quarterbacks in this league and several backups I would rather have than Fitz. Heck, Miami has two.

We could draft out of the MAC and it would be an upgrade.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Why? Even a dope like Sanchez would have been enough today.

Sanchize also turned the ball over twice today and only threw one TD pass vs three.

But that would have been good enough to put up more than the 35 points we needed to win?

Fitz threw a pick today that cost us the game basically and Sanchize fumbled to cost the Jets a game.

Sorry, we lose with Sanchize behind center today too.

starrymessenger
10-21-2012, 07:56 PM
Sanchize also turned the ball over twice today and only threw one TD pass vs three.

But that would have been good enough to put up more than the 35 points we needed to win?

Fitz threw a pick today that cost us the game basically and Sanchize fumbled to cost the Jets a game.

Sorry, we lose with Sanchize behind center today too.

Sanchize was playing a much better football team today. Sanchize>Fitzpatrick.

BertSquirtgum
10-21-2012, 07:59 PM
That stupid ******* named Chan Gailey should have went for two when they took the lead. It made no sense not to. He's a terrible coach. I hope he quits tonight.

Owen DeBoard
10-21-2012, 08:04 PM

Yes Fitz threw that INT but im suprised I havent seen this yet how about right after that George Wilson had a ball hit him right in the chest and he dropped it. He could have gotten the ball back for us and that would have ended the game but he dropped the INT WHEN IT WAS THROWN RIGHT TO HIM!!!! We need some play makers on this D and it needs to start at the LB position.

starrymessenger
10-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Yes Fitz threw that INT but im suprised I havent seen this yet how about right after that George Wilson had a ball hit him right in the chest and he dropped it. He could have gotten the ball back for us and that would have ended the game but he dropped the INT WHEN IT WAS THROWN RIGHT TO HIM!!!! We need some play makers on this D and it needs to start at the LB position.
Titans ran crossing patterns in front of him. Sometimes having the ball hit you in the gut comes as a surprise and you are just not ready.
Having said that Wilson has been horrible. He should be riding the pines. Williams has been bad but Wilson has done nothing to help him.

cgbm
10-21-2012, 08:54 PM

uhhhh that ball that hit him right in the chest actually hit him in the wanker.

you try catching a ball after it catches you in the boys....... thats a lose everytime.

cgbm
10-21-2012, 08:57 PM

Those are the 3 teams that scored over 33 points per game which is what we would need to do as of right now.

So what's easier fixing the QB or fixing the D really?

Maybe in 2 weeks when the Texans hang 40+ on this pathetic defense you'll see the defense is the biggest problem. Or maybe in 3 weeks when we give up 40+ in back to back weeks again you'll get it.

Fact of the matter is when you score 34 points you should win the football game.

you keep saying that our d gave up 35!!!!

id say fitz gave up that last TD which puts the d at 28 doesnt it?

if fitz doesnt throw that pick in our own red zone. the titans dont score that last touchdown to WIN THE GAME.

very very costly horribly interception.

and anyone who says fitz played a good game needs to watch it again. he thows behind and under just about everyone. he is not a good qb. plain and simple. i think if we have a stand up great qb we are a playoff team immediately.

BertSquirtgum
10-21-2012, 09:13 PM
Fitzputrid also fumbled the ball that led to a Titans score. He just flat out sucks.

cgbm
10-21-2012, 09:19 PM
correct

so thats two drives that could have at least prevented a score.

and with a great qb maybe led to a score for us.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 09:25 PM

if fitz doesnt throw that pick in our own red zone. the titans dont score that last touchdown to WIN THE GAME.

and anyone who says fitz played a good game needs to watch it again. he thows behind and under just about everyone. he is not a good qb. plain and simple. i think if we have a stand up great qb we are a playoff team immediately.

And if he doesn't throw that pick the Titans still get the ball back on an incompletion. You really think that the pathetic excuse we call a defense would have stopped them?

cgbm
10-21-2012, 09:39 PM
And if he doesn't throw that pick the Titans still get the ball back on an incompletion. You really think that the pathetic excuse we call a defense would have stopped them?

why would that pass have been incomplete?

oh because our qb sucks and cant seem to find the open guy. and when he does he throws a horrible pass.

our d is not good your right.

but we have been drafting and FAing guys for years now that were sposed to "cure" our defensive struggles. lets just waste one of our defense picks and get a qb that has a possibility at quality.

worth a try right?

Novacane
10-21-2012, 09:49 PM

Fitz blows. No argument. However the pick was not in the redzone. They took over near midfield. Defense had over 50 yards to make a play. Can't say the QB gave up that TD. He set the Titans up and the D **** the bed

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 09:56 PM
Fitz blows. No argument. However the pick was not in the redzone. They took over near midfield. Defense had over 50 yards to make a play. Can't say the QB gave up that TD. He set the Titans up and the D **** the bed

If the pass is incomplete or short of the first down instead, considering how good Powell is punting it gave the Titans a net gain of 20-25 yards.

They basically allowed the Titans to convert a 2nd and 18 on that final drive and a 4th and 9 for the TD.

I don't see them stopping them from going another 20-25 yards with a full minute left on the clock.

YardRat
10-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Fitz has played poorly most of the season. Except for the pick, he performed really well today. Can't say that for defense.

Priority #1 is a real defensive coordinator. #2 is a QB at the moment.

cgbm
10-21-2012, 09:59 PM
i can live with that. new d coach and qb

X-Era
10-22-2012, 05:47 AM
What he did was setup the Titans to drive, score, and win. Had we simply kept moving the ball and ran the clock down the game would have been over. There's no defending that horrible throw. Before that throw we had the game wrapped up.

Nobody is saying the defense played well. But, Fitz lost this game for us.