PDA

View Full Version : Gailey is a terrbile coach

Thurmal
10-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Didn't go for two after the SJ TD

Didn't challenge the fumble that never went out of bounds

Let ****zpatrick throw on 3rd down

Let the entire clock run out before TENN's final TD without calling TO, leaving the offense no time to score

Abandoned Spiller in second-half

Continues to let Wannestedt coach on this team

I'm sure there is more...

Thurmal
10-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Oh, and Mario Williams is shaping up to be the biggest free agent bust in NFL history. Merriman, in the two plays he was in, generated more of a pass rush that Williams has all season.

jdaltroy5
10-21-2012, 03:14 PM
The two point conversion thing really bothered me.

Calling the 3rd down throw didn't bother me. Fitz was on point all day, I was ok with it.

Mahdi
10-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Gailey was good today, got no problems with the game he called. Fitz screwed up what would have been an excellent performance with a bone-head throw.

DL is still the worst unit on the team.... Funny because we thought they could be the best DL in NFL. lol.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-21-2012, 03:19 PM
The two point conversion thing really bothered me.

Calling the 3rd down throw didn't bother me. Fitz was on point all day, I was ok with it.

Throwing it on 3rd, I could maybe get behind. But Fitz has not been able to hit the sideline go route in his entire time with us. It's his freakin Kryptonite. Gailey keeps making the same mistakes over and over with his playcalling.

kingJofNYC
10-21-2012, 03:24 PM
He's bad, but believe it or not, he's had worse performances than today. Last week was the worst coaching I've seen from any Bills coach.

I wonder if the fire him.

jdaltroy5
10-21-2012, 03:27 PM
Was it Gailey's decision to dump Moorman for Powell?

Because that ranks right up there with some of his more stupid calls.

IlluminatusUIUC
He's bad, but believe it or not, he's had worse performances than today. Last week was the worst coaching I've seen from any Bills coach.

He was great for 55 minutes today. Once he again everything went to hell at the end but he didn't get bailed out. Alex Carrington finger tips are the only thing between us and 2-5.

gebobs
Not a sure thing. Just sayin'.

I suppose I agree with the rest. Gailey is awful.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-21-2012, 03:28 PM

Nothing is a sure thing, but in that situation the difference between being up 5 and up 6 is minimal. The difference between being up 6 and up 7 is enormous, as we learned.

kingJofNYC
10-21-2012, 03:30 PM
He was great for 55 minutes today. Once he again everything went to hell at the end but he didn't get bailed out. Alex Carrington finger tips are the only thing between us and 2-5.

Pretty much.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Nothing is a sure thing, but in that situation the difference between being up 5 and up 6 is minimal. The difference between being up 6 and up 7 is enormous, as we learned.
I don't necessarily disagree. But rest assured had he gone for it and missed, there would be calls for his head regardless. The more grievous error here was throwing the ball on 3rd down.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 03:42 PM
The idea of throwing the ball on that 3rd down wasn't wrong, the play call for a sideline route to be thrown or Fitz's decision to throw an out pattern was wrong. Dunno who to put the blame on for it.

Anyone catch to see if Fitz looked anywhere else besides the sideline on that play?

If he did, then it was a poor decision to throw it. If not it was a poor play call.

The Natrix
10-21-2012, 03:43 PM
I actually think Gailey called a good game today. He is in a tough spot with a limited (to put it nicely) QB and a D that makes him have to play catch up with a Fitz led O and a bad D.

I'd like to see Gailey stay, cut Fitz, draft a QB and let him have a competition with Jackson or another FA in camp.

kingJofNYC
10-21-2012, 03:46 PM
The idea of throwing the ball on that 3rd down wasn't wrong, the play call for a sideline route to be thrown or Fitz's decision to throw an out pattern was wrong. Dunno who to put the blame on for it.

Anyone catch to see if Fitz looked anywhere else besides the sideline on that play?

If he did, then it was a poor decision to throw it. If not it was a poor play call.

Nah, he stared down that side of the field since it was trips. On the backside, he had a shallow cross open for about 5-6 yards. No first down, but not an int either. Think it was Graham running it.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Nah, he stared down that side of the field since it was trips. On the backside, he had a shallow cross open for about 5-6 yards. No first down, but not an int either. Think it was Graham running it.

Then it was by design to throw the out, which is on the play call. Thank you.

If we had called a screen there or a quick slant I wouldn't have said anything, even if the intended receiver dropped the ball 3rd and 6 and you throw to try to pick up a first and basically end the game isn't a bad call. But calling a route that Fitz has had trouble with all season is a terrible call with predictable horrible execution.

kingJofNYC
10-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Then it was by design to throw the out, which is on the play call. Thank you.

If we had called a screen there or a quick slant I wouldn't have said anything, even if the intended receiver dropped the ball 3rd and 6 and you throw to try to pick up a first and basically end the game isn't a bad call. But calling a route that Fitz has had trouble with all season is a terrible call with predictable horrible execution.

He had the cross, he could have come off the prime read, never did, rarely does.

The coverage took away his first read, but his backside read was open if he chose to check it down. Dude forced it. That's the problem with Fitz, among others. They've allowed him to get away with forcing the ball, so he keeps doing it even though the play has other available options.

OpIv37
10-21-2012, 04:00 PM

Let ****zpatrick throw on 3rd down

Let the entire clock run out before TENN's final TD without calling TO, leaving the offense no time to score

Abandoned Spiller in second-half

Continues to let Wannestedt coach on this team

I'm sure there is more...

He didn't challenge the fumble because we only had 2 timeouts, and he didn't want to stick us with 1 time out late in a close game. That was a good decision.

However, his piss-poor coaching led us to waste a time-out early in the 3rd on a 2nd down. So, if he didn't **** up at that point and we had all 3 time outs, he could have challenged. **** him.

A year ago at this point, I thought Gailey was getting production with no talent and the real problem is Nix. Clearly, though, Gailey is part of the problem.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 04:02 PM
That's what I mean. Gailey should have made it clear to the Harvard genius that the play should be to the interior or a short dump off.

Kudos anyways to our offensive guru coach at least for not having Smith throw that ball.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 04:08 PM
That's what I mean. Gailey should have made it clear to the Harvard genius that the play should be to the interior or a short dump off.

Kudos anyways to our offensive guru coach at least for not having Smith throw that ball.

Just call a bubble screen to Graham...the play that the Pats run and have run years successfully to Welker.

There's no way the play is incomplete and gives a chance for a guy to make a play to pick up the first.

Turf
10-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Earlier in the game, we're running the ball down their throats, get to the 30. Go into the wildcat, and take our two best running backs off the field. Why? Because earlier in the day, Stupid, aka Gailey, decided he was going to use the wildcat. This guy is such a bad head coach its really unfathomable. You go for two points, beause there is no difference being up by 5 or 6, but being up by 7 protects you from getting beat like we did.
Why Wanny stays employed through the bye mystifies me. Other than to say that this is a mickey mouse organization, which will NEVER change until Ralph is no longer the owner.

Turf
10-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Do the Bills even practice a two minute drill? 5 yard throws with 40 secs left?

gebobs
10-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Just call a bubble screen to Graham...the play that the Pats run and have run years successfully to Welker.

There's no way the play is incomplete and gives a chance for a guy to make a play to pick up the first.
Concur.

El Guapo
10-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Fitz was on point? Wtf game were you watching?

- - - Updated - - -

jdaltroy5
10-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Do the Bills even practice a two minute drill? 5 yard throws with 40 secs left?
I was getting so pissed when they were running little 2 and 5 yard plays over the middle of the field.

I just don't understand why they would do that. They had another play that was incomplete that was thrown to Jackson in traffic about 8 yards behind the LOS.

I just don't get it.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Well to be fair, he was 27/35 and had a few nice zingers down the middle. What he did not have much of was success on sideline routes.

Albany,n.y.
10-21-2012, 04:33 PM

There's no way the Bills will fire Gailey until after the season when Norv Turner is available to replace him.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 04:33 PM
I was getting so pissed when they were running little 2 and 5 yard plays over the middle of the field.

I just don't understand why they would do that. They had another play that was incomplete that was thrown to Jackson in traffic about 8 yards behind the LOS.

I just don't get it.
As one of the announcers said, Fitz may be smart, but that doesn't mean he's football smart.

Albany,n.y.
10-21-2012, 04:35 PM

I suppose I agree with the rest. Gailey is awful.
The tip of the football is out of bounds in the photo.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 04:36 PM
The tip of the football is out of bounds in the photo.
That's why I posted it.

Historian
10-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Some of us knew he was a piece of **** when they hired him....but you know the lemmings here.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Gailey is a lousy coach, Wanny is a terrible coach. Fire Wanny and put Gailey on the hot seat.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Some of us knew he was a piece of **** when they hired him....but you know the lemmings here.Right on. Having lived through his garbage when he was at Tech, I knew Ralph was going on the cheap again.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Some of us knew he was a piece of **** when they hired him....but you know the lemmings here.

Right on. Having lived through his garbage when he was at Tech, I knew Ralph was going on the cheap again.

After we finally get rid of these bums Gailey and Wanny, neither will ever get another NFL coaching job of any sort.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 04:50 PM
After we finally get rid of these bums Gailey and Wanny, neither will ever get another NFL coaching job of any sort.
You're right. Offensive genius? What a joke.

PTI
10-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Bills had 2 chances to go for 2, I would have after the Jones touchdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bills41
10-21-2012, 05:46 PM
All good points in my opinion.

imbondz
10-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Bills had 2 chances to go for 2, I would have after the Jones touchdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know one other coach in the NFL that doesn't go for 2 points on that last TD.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 05:49 PM
I don't know one other coach in the NFL that doesn't go for 2 points on that last TD.

Pat Shurmur. Cleveland Browns.

Down 17-12...he kicks a PAT.

Down 4 with 6 minutes left in the game, 4th and 1 around the Colt 40 he punts.

Of course, he's gonna be fired before the season is over.

imbondz
10-21-2012, 05:51 PM

wow.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 05:53 PM
wow.

It's no surprise the Bills beat the Browns. :rofl:

Novacane
10-21-2012, 05:54 PM

He'll probably be one of the frontrunners for the Bills job when Chan gets fired

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 06:00 PM
He'll probably be one of the frontrunners for the Bills job when Chan gets fired

Oh dear God no.

Gailey is an offensive genius in comparison to Shurmur.

Ingtar33
10-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Was it Gailey's decision to dump Moorman for Powell?

Because that ranks right up there with some of his more stupid calls.

It would have to be. There isn't an NFL gm who doesn't give the coach this level of control over his roster

Lone Stranger
10-21-2012, 07:11 PM

I believe that you are absolutely right.

RedEyE
10-22-2012, 07:36 AM
Woo hoo - Bring in Shurmur!!! Bring in Holmgren!

Keep this feeling alive and thriving.

jamze132
10-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Gailey was good today, got no problems with the game he called. Fitz screwed up what would have been an excellent performance with a bone-head throw.

DL is still the worst unit on the team.... Funny because we thought they could be the best DL in NFL. lol.

DL is not the worst unit on the team. That award goes to our inpet LB corps.

Mahdi
10-22-2012, 08:16 AM
DL is not the worst unit on the team. That award goes to our inpet LB corps.

I don't agree, although the LB corps is bad, our DL generates zero pressure and rarely get into the backfield on running plays. The LB are getting blocked by guys that the DL should be occupying.

BillsFever21
10-22-2012, 04:48 PM
I couldn't believe Gailey didn't go for a 2pt conversion after the Johnson TD. It was in the 4th quarter and our defense hadn't held the Titans to a FG all game long and we were moving the ball well at the time. The first TD you had to kick the extra point but after we took the lead you have to try and make that a 7 point lead in a game that was a shootout.

Even if you don't make it then you're up by 5 instead of 6 which isn't a big deal. It was highly unlikely the Titans were going to kick two FG's to beat you and that's assuming that you didn't score anymore points.

trapezeus
10-22-2012, 04:56 PM

you mean the bubble screen they threw to CJ spiller that almost got picked off and was wrapped up immediately for a 3 or 4 yard loss. The throw they've been throwing all year? and without any help on passes traveling more than 10 yards in the air, where are the edwards dink and dunker haters. This is exactly the same problem.

Fitz sucks. gailey is no better than an OC since he had so many other gaffes, but the game turned around in the 2nd quarter when they kicked the field goal on 4th and 1 at the 12 yardline into a gusty wind. that wasn't exactly a 31 yard chip shot. He sent the signal loud and clear to the stadium and to the team, "i have no confidence in anyone. let's manage the defeat."