PDA

View Full Version : Don't teams normally run the ball to close out a game ??

Skooby
10-21-2012, 04:04 PM
We're a run strong team with a passing problem, we just refuse to use our strengths to overcome our weaknesses.

hammerbillsfan
10-21-2012, 04:07 PM
The Bills aren't a team so you can't fit them with "teams", hence the constant blunderfests at the end of games.

OpIv37
10-21-2012, 04:10 PM
We ran on first down and got stuffed. So, we threw the quick out on 2nd down and that got stuffed. I don't understand the pass on 3rd down. Granted, a 1st down at that point is a kill shot, but if we ran the ball and stayed in bounds, we take it down to 2 minutes, can punt it deep and force them to go the length of the field. As bad as the D was playing, that would still have been a tall order.

Complete mismanagement by Gailey.

RedEyE
10-21-2012, 04:51 PM
Does it really matter? Powell would have shanked the punt anyway. Titans would have had prime field position regardless. At least we are on track for a top 5 draft pick.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-21-2012, 04:56 PM
We're a run strong team with a passing problem, we just refuse to use our strengths to overcome our weaknesses.

I think Ralph is one of those hard luck alcoholics who can live with failure but turns to the bottle if he has success.

Oaf
10-21-2012, 07:03 PM
I think D Jones is a much better player this year. That said, how do you not trust the ball to Fred or Chandler in that situation? If you look at the play, they were split left and uncovered. I couldn't believe how badly the Bills wanted to give the game up in this one.

Lone Stranger
10-21-2012, 07:06 PM
My constant argument is that we don't run the ball enough. Gailey seems to be in love with the pass. Live by the pass, die by the pass.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
My constant argument is that we don't run the ball enough. Gailey seems to be in love with the pass. Live by the pass, die by the pass.
Or in his case: Die by the pass, die by the pass.