PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Williams Goes Off

DraftBoy
10-21-2012, 05:11 PM
On Tim Graham's Press Coverage Blog;
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/10/talent-what-talent-kyle-williams-blasts-bills-defensive-play.html

Before the season began, the Buffalo Bills' defense sure looked awesome on paper, didn't it?

Defensive tackle Kyle Williams sputtered when asked after today's 35-34 loss to the Tennessee Titans if the result was hard to take, considering all the talent on the Bills' defense.

Williams essentially suggested the Bills were overrated.

"Well, I've got to look at it and say the talent is, uh, you know, I mean," Williams ended that thought and started over.

"You're not very talented if you're doing what we've been doing, OK?," he continued. "I've said it from the very beginning when we were at training camp. Talent doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what things look like on paper, what you say. 'We're going to be good because look at this sheet of paper.' That doesn't matter.

:bf1:

DraftBoy
10-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Williams on Johnson's 85 yard scamper;

"When you're not playing the defense that you're in properly, when you're not doing your job -- whoever that may be, all of us -- guys like that can hurt you and make plays," Williams said. "The guy goes 85 yards or whatever it was one time, untouched. It was as basic a counter-kick play as it gets, just take the ball and go down the field.

"That happened a lot of times. That can't happen. That's ridiculous."

Generalissimus Gibby
10-21-2012, 05:13 PM
And because of this, the wrong Williams will be on his way out after this season. Sorry, but we need to take the cap hit and cut Mario tomorrow. If he doesn't want to play let him not play for someone us.

Novacane
10-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Glad someone on this team has heart

Generalissimus Gibby
10-21-2012, 05:27 PM
Glad someone on this team has heart

Watch how quickly he gets cut in the off season and how fast the homers call him a cancer.

SquishDaFish
10-21-2012, 05:40 PM
Watch how quickly he gets cut in the off season and how fast the homers call him a cancer.

Dude STFU already

Historian
10-21-2012, 05:42 PM
and how fast the homers call him a cancer.

Just in case the lickers misread it the first time.

Crisis
10-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Him, Gillmore, and Byrd have been the only bright spots on the D this year.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Dude STFU already

Nope, its what we have always done:

Ruben Brown
Fat Pat
Eric Moulds

Its a very bad habit

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Nope, its what we have always done:

Ruben Brown
Fat Pat
Eric Moulds

Its a very bad habit

London Fletcher.
Travis Henry.
Willis McGahee.
Nate Clements.
Sam Adams.

etc....

SquishDaFish
10-21-2012, 05:49 PM
The only ones outta that list that I regret to see leave are Pat Williams, Fletcher and MAYBE Clements

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Byrd will leave via FA and people will say that it's a good thing we didn't pay the guy 7 million a year since he got worse from his rookie year.

Everyone we've lost via FA people have come out and blasted after they were gone.

Hell even Moorman this year wasn't immune to open season criticism when he was cut.

Mike
10-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Byrd will leave via FA and people will say that it's a good thing we didn't pay the guy 7 million a year since he got worse from his rookie year.

Everyone we've lost via FA people have come out and blasted after they were gone.

Hell even Moorman this year wasn't immune to open season criticism when he was cut.

Hell if the Bills cut Tom Brady, Randy Moss, and JPP the Homers would defend the moves: we could not afford them anyway, they are overrated he didnt want to play here, hes way overrated, etc....

Night Train
10-21-2012, 06:22 PM
The Bills will ship him out and double Kelsays salary for the 9th time.

Ingtar33
10-21-2012, 06:51 PM
And because of this, the wrong Williams will be on his way out after this season. Sorry, but we need to take the cap hit and cut Mario tomorrow. If he doesn't want to play let him not play for someone us.

Got to agree with you. He'll be cut because of this, and there will be a vocal cadre of bills fans applauding the move "addition by subtraction" "overrated" and so on and so forth.

coastal
10-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Kyle Williams...

first ballot coastal's 5 Card Studs HOF'er!

streetkings01
10-21-2012, 07:09 PM
I think Mario has Haynesworthed us!

X-Era
10-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Good. I want us to get fired up.

TigerJ
10-21-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't think the Bills are going to dump Kyle Williams. I think Buddy knows he's too valuable to the team. I am concerned that the money being paid to Mario Williams is going to force the Bills not to sign some players they really need to retain, and that would be a shame.

kingJofNYC
10-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Him, Gillmore, and Byrd have been the only bright spots on the D this year.

Word, he's the leader too, glad he spoke up. Only guy in the front 7 doing anything on a consistent basis.

BertSquirtgum
10-21-2012, 08:04 PM
The Bills will ship him out and double Kelsays salary for the 9th time.

At least Kelsay plays with a passion. Mario sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

The Bills got Haynesworthed. Oh no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saC13RJ8CUs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saC13RJ8CUs)

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 10:27 PM
At least Kelsay plays with a passion. Mario sucks.

Put Kelsay's heart and desire into Mario's body and you'd have the best DE in football.

Too bad Mario looks like he could care less out there.

Crisis
10-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Put Kelsay's heart and desire into Mario's body and you'd have the best DE in football.

Too bad Mario looks like he could care less out there.

And if Kelsay wasn't white no one would ever mention how much heart, desire, and passion he has.

kishoph
10-22-2012, 03:18 AM
If I have to blame one person it's Wannsteadt, the defense runs around clueless, failing to seal an edge on a back like CJ is ridiculous, rushing 3 and 4 men against a max protect is (I hate to use the word) ******ed. They looked good on "paper" because the have talent, but talent doesn't matter if you're coached to do the wrong thing at the wrong time. Wannsteadt fails to adjust the defense, coordinators sometimes adjust the D after a series, he doesn't even think about it until he's laying in bed at night after the game (his quote after the Pats game). I don't expect Gailey to fire him (strike against Gailey), but I hope he does something to right this. Some people think it has nothing to do with it, but I would get his ass out of that booth, put down the FN coffee and get on the sidelines with your players. It's hard to blame the offense when they put up 34 points (I could still manage to blame Fitz, he sucks), the talent on the defense is much better than the way they've been playing and I have to blame Wannsteadt.

Ingtar33
10-22-2012, 04:50 AM
And if Kelsay wasn't white no one would ever mention how much heart, desire, and passion he has.

bingo

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-22-2012, 06:29 AM
I seriously don't know why you think this? I'm not trying to be confrontational... I'm seriously asking why you think this. Are you black, green ,yellow, blue... Pick your color....

RedEyE
10-22-2012, 06:32 AM
Yeah, whatever Kyle. You guys sound so tough in your sound bites. Truth is you're a bunch of losers.

coastal
10-22-2012, 06:35 AM
Yeah, whatever Kyle. You guys sound so tough in your sound bites. Truth is you're a bunch of losers.
Kyle Williams is anything but a loser.

i feel sorry for him that he's here.

Mahdi
10-22-2012, 06:40 AM
Kyle Williams is anything but a loser.

i feel sorry for him that he's here.

Pretty sure he has been getting manhandled all year too... Sorry but Kyle earned his share of the blame. The guy gets into the backfield 2-3 times a game to look like a hero while the rest of the time he's on his backside.

coastal
10-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Pretty sure he has been getting manhandled all year too... Sorry but Kyle earned his share of the blame. The guy gets into the backfield 2-3 times a game to look like a hero while the rest of the time he's on his backside.not sayin he isn't accountable... Like anyone else on this team and not making excuses for anyone...

But signing Mario for $100 million in spite of a proven track record of NOT producing can negatively impact your other players who are producing.

afterall... If I worked in an organization where the highest paid person was a stiff, and that stiff wasn't held accountable... it'd be difficult to not just say **** it.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 07:31 AM
I seriously don't know why you think this? I'm not trying to be confrontational... I'm seriously asking why you think this. Are you black, green ,yellow, blue... Pick your color....

It would be because he's right. White players traditionally get the "high motor" and "hard worker" labels while black players traditionally get the "lazy" and "thug" label. There have been studies done to prove it. He's not being controversial at all, he's simply stating a proven fact.

Mahdi
10-22-2012, 07:41 AM
It would be because he's right. White players traditionally get the "high motor" and "hard worker" labels while black players traditionally get the "lazy" and "thug" label. There have been studies done to prove it. He's not being controversial at all, he's simply stating a proven fact.

Yup, if a black guy sucks he's not trying and is lazy, if a white guy sucks he has no talent but his character is never questioned as he is still at least a hard worker.