PDA

View Full Version : Oh ye of little faith

Mike
10-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Today the Bills almost won. They were very very close. In fact, had they won, I bet we would have seen another thread like the one from last week "Oh ye of little faith". A good portion of the fans and all of the homers would argue that the Bills are a good team that has had a few bad bounces and that were tied with our division, but here lies the problem. Had the Bills won today, it would not have mattered the same way that last week's win did not matter. The Bills would still be the same mediocre team, playing poorly, and lacking talent at the most critical positions. No matter how well they played, it would not have mattered because in the end, when it counts the Bills lack the talent to win.

Fitz last incompletion is a symbolic of this team, competitive and good vs a bad defense but still can not get it done when it matters most.

last weeks thread:
Oh ye of little faith

"Just as those that have no faith in Jesus as our savior & lord will miss out on a GLORIOUS afterlife, those that have no faith in the Bills & did not watch the game missed out on a GLORIOUS WIN. Despite the foul attempt to steal this win from the Bills by the officials, the team persevered to the last minute for the win. One of the best I have had the pleasure to watch in a long time.

And to the "realists", The REALITY is this team hung in to the very bitter end despite numerous adversities for the WIN. The Bills are now tied with every other team in the AFC East for 1st place. There was no QUIT in this team & those that derided Buddy & Chan before this game have been proven wrong. Suck on that."

Novacane
10-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Agree with everything you say except I don't think this team is mediocre. I think they're just a bad team.

Luisito23
10-21-2012, 06:45 PM
Mediocrity would be an improvement.

coastal
10-21-2012, 06:46 PM
****ty would be an improvement.

Skooby
10-21-2012, 06:48 PM
8-8 = Mediocroty, 6-10 > 8-8.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2012, 05:07 PM
i'm too ****ing tired to argue about anything....

BillsFever21
10-22-2012, 06:46 PM
The same people will show up sometime this week or next week to let us all know that we're not that bad and can still make the playoffs because we're still only 1 game out of first place and that most of the other teams in the AFC are also only 3-3 or 3-4.

This just symbolizes how the Bills are pissing away a golden opportunity. With the way the AFC is this year there will be at least one WC team to make the playoffs at 9-7. There will be a few 9 win teams and the one who owns the tiebreakers will get the last WC spot. It's not unthinkable that even both WC spots might be 9-7 teams this season and even though unlikely but not out of the question that there is a chance you could see an 8-8 team make the playoffs.

Nine wins with a good division and conference record would make the playoffs this season. Unfortunately we won't win that many and even if we did we're already 0-2 in the division and have 3 losses in the conference. With a lot of games against average teams at home to end the season this team will blow a perfect opportunity to finally end the playoff drought.

jamze132
10-23-2012, 04:45 AM
How I miss the Dick Jauron years!!!