We're top 10 for passing TD's & rushing yards, so it's getting hard to blame offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

We're top 10 for passing TD's & rushing yards, so it's getting hard to blame offense

It's getting harder & harder to blame the offense based on the offense's stats, I think it's time to square the blame on the thing we put all our effort to improve (the defense). We're near dead last in every defensive stat, I mean last or near for everything. You pick the stat defensively, we're horrible at it. We've been ran over, passed on & abused without a real answer. This must be the focus of the remaining time to salvage whatever is left of our season, we don't need a new QB right now or WR. We need LB's / Secondary help, it's just our Achilles heal. Dave W. has installed a new system that leaves the wrong packages on the field & we have over ran the opposing QB way to much. The reason we're not sending blitzers in to finish the QB is they're needed to help our 2 level & beyond players, which eliminates why we brought in Mario.Refocus our efforts, 2nd level plus only.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: We're top 10 for passing TD's & rushing yards, so it's getting hard to blame offe

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    It's getting harder & harder to blame the offense based on the offense's stats, I think it's time to square the blame on the thing we put all our effort to improve (the defense). We're near dead last in every defensive stat, I mean last or near for everything. You pick the stat defensively, we're horrible at it. We've been ran over, passed on & abused without a real answer. This must be the focus of the remaining time to salvage whatever is left of our season, we don't need a new QB right now or WR. We need LB's / Secondary help, it's just our Achilles heal. Dave W. has installed a new system that leaves the wrong packages on the field & we have over ran the opposing QB way to much. The reason we're not sending blitzers in to finish the QB is they're needed to help our 2 level & beyond players, which eliminates why we brought in Mario.Refocus our efforts, 2nd level plus only.
    Or, we could look at being 21st in total yards per game, 29th in passing yards per game, 27th in completion percentage (Fitz), 6th highest in INT's thrown (Fitz), and 18th in points per game.

Stats can be deceiving.

The overall offense is good enough to win, Fitz however can be a liability both in inaccuracy and in throwing picks. The running game is very good and the o-line is also good overall.

On defense we need serious upgrades at ILB and OLB. I think the young CB's will be fine by years end and the DL is just fine IMO.
    Last edited by X-Era; 10-21-2012, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Re: We're top 10 for passing TD's & rushing yards, so it's getting hard to blame offe

SMH

Anybody who watches the games knows that those numbers are a farce. Wysian argument at its finest.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• gebobs
        One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
        The running game is very good and the o-line is also good overall.
        Correction. The OL was good. They are a shell of what they were.

- - - Updated - - -

Please. Half the TD's are in garbage time.
        Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
          Or, we could look at being 21st in total yards per game, 29th in passing yards per game, 27th in completion percentage (Fitz), 6th highest in INT's thrown (Fitz), and 18th in points per game.

Stats can be deceiving.

The overall offense is good enough to win, Fitz however can be a liability both in inaccuracy and in throwing picks. The running game is very good and the o-line is also good overall.
          I agree. Get a QB and the offense is fine. The defense? I don't know what the answer is. I thought they would be much improved with the moves they made offseason

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gebobs View Post
            Correction. The OL was good. They are a shell of what they were.

- - - Updated - - -

Please. Half the TD's are in garbage time.
            How did you come to that conclusion. One bad sack given up by Hairston? We've given up a total of 7 sacks which is almost the league best and boast the 6th ranked running game by yards per game (147 yards per game).

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
              I agree. Get a QB and the offense is fine. The defense? I don't know what the answer is. I thought they would be much improved with the moves they made offseason
              Keep the ball out of Fitz's hands even more and get Jackson and Spiller more involved in the offense and that side of the ball would be much improved too.

Fitz is what he is a journey man average QB. Unfortunately for him and us as fans, Gailey decides to center his entire offense around a guy that simply isn't good enough to get the job done with everything placed on his back.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

The D has to be our focus, we're not completely inept on offense is my point. Another WR or new QB isn't going to make us winners, we can't ignore the horny 600 Gorilla in the room.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                  Keep the ball out of Fitz's hands even more and get Jackson and Spiller more involved in the offense and that side of the ball would be much improved too.

Fitz is what he is a journey man average QB. Unfortunately for him and us as fans, Gailey decides to center his entire offense around a guy that simply isn't good enough to get the job done with everything placed on his back.
                  I will agree with this criticism of Fitz and Gailey. I think it's on the mark.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

The D has to be our focus, we're not completely inept on offense is my point. Another WR or new QB isn't going to make us winners, we can't ignore the horny 600 Gorilla in the room.
                    We'd need Brees, Rodgers or Brady at QB to win with how bad this defense is.

I don't get why people don't understand that.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
                      We'd need Brees, Rodgers or Brady at QB to win with how bad this defense is.

I don't get why people don't understand that.
                      I think most people get that the main problem with this team is defense. With this D I don't know if we could even win with a great QB. Brees has only been able to get to 2-4 because of a bad defense.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

I think most people get that the main problem with this team is defense. With this D I don't know if we could even win with a great QB. Brees has only been able to get to 2-4 because of a bad defense.
                        That's a perfect example. We'd be 3-4 right now even with Brees at QB.

Fitz stinks but the defense is much worse.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Jul 2007

Fitz can't close games. Period.
                          Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Fitz can't close an umbrella.

Comment

• starrymessenger
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                              SMH

Anybody who watches the games knows that those numbers are a farce. Wysian argument at its finest.
                              Even those who apparently don't know it will after we play Houston.

Comment

Working...
                              X