PDA

View Full Version : We're top 10 for passing TD's & rushing yards, so it's getting hard to blame offense

Skooby
10-21-2012, 07:23 PM
It's getting harder & harder to blame the offense based on the offense's stats, I think it's time to square the blame on the thing we put all our effort to improve (the defense). We're near dead last in every defensive stat, I mean last or near for everything. You pick the stat defensively, we're horrible at it. We've been ran over, passed on & abused without a real answer. This must be the focus of the remaining time to salvage whatever is left of our season, we don't need a new QB right now or WR. We need LB's / Secondary help, it's just our Achilles heal. Dave W. has installed a new system that leaves the wrong packages on the field & we have over ran the opposing QB way to much. The reason we're not sending blitzers in to finish the QB is they're needed to help our 2 level & beyond players, which eliminates why we brought in Mario.Refocus our efforts, 2nd level plus only.

X-Era
10-21-2012, 07:35 PM
It's getting harder & harder to blame the offense based on the offense's stats, I think it's time to square the blame on the thing we put all our effort to improve (the defense). We're near dead last in every defensive stat, I mean last or near for everything. You pick the stat defensively, we're horrible at it. We've been ran over, passed on & abused without a real answer. This must be the focus of the remaining time to salvage whatever is left of our season, we don't need a new QB right now or WR. We need LB's / Secondary help, it's just our Achilles heal. Dave W. has installed a new system that leaves the wrong packages on the field & we have over ran the opposing QB way to much. The reason we're not sending blitzers in to finish the QB is they're needed to help our 2 level & beyond players, which eliminates why we brought in Mario.Refocus our efforts, 2nd level plus only.Or, we could look at being 21st in total yards per game, 29th in passing yards per game, 27th in completion percentage (Fitz), 6th highest in INT's thrown (Fitz), and 18th in points per game.

Stats can be deceiving.

The overall offense is good enough to win, Fitz however can be a liability both in inaccuracy and in throwing picks. The running game is very good and the o-line is also good overall.

On defense we need serious upgrades at ILB and OLB. I think the young CB's will be fine by years end and the DL is just fine IMO.

DraftBoy
10-21-2012, 07:36 PM
SMH

Anybody who watches the games knows that those numbers are a farce. Wysian argument at its finest.

gebobs
10-21-2012, 07:39 PM
The running game is very good and the o-line is also good overall.
Correction. The OL was good. They are a shell of what they were.

- - - Updated - - -

It's getting harder & harder to blame the offense based on the offense's stats, I think it's time to square the blame on the thing we put all our effort to improve (the defense). We're near dead last in every defensive stat, I mean last or near for everything. You pick the stat defensively, we're horrible at it. We've been ran over, passed on & abused without a real answer. This must be the focus of the remaining time to salvage whatever is left of our season, we don't need a new QB right now or WR. We need LB's / Secondary help, it's just our Achilles heal. Dave W. has installed a new system that leaves the wrong packages on the field & we have over ran the opposing QB way to much. The reason we're not sending blitzers in to finish the QB is they're needed to help our 2 level & beyond players, which eliminates why we brought in Mario.Refocus our efforts, 2nd level plus only.
Please. Half the TD's are in garbage time.

Novacane
10-21-2012, 07:41 PM
Or, we could look at being 21st in total yards per game, 29th in passing yards per game, 27th in completion percentage (Fitz), 6th highest in INT's thrown (Fitz), and 18th in points per game.

Stats can be deceiving.

The overall offense is good enough to win, Fitz however can be a liability both in inaccuracy and in throwing picks. The running game is very good and the o-line is also good overall.

I agree. Get a QB and the offense is fine. The defense? I don't know what the answer is. I thought they would be much improved with the moves they made offseason

X-Era
10-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Correction. The OL was good. They are a shell of what they were.

- - - Updated - - -

Please. Half the TD's are in garbage time.

How did you come to that conclusion. One bad sack given up by Hairston? We've given up a total of 7 sacks which is almost the league best and boast the 6th ranked running game by yards per game (147 yards per game).

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 07:44 PM
I agree. Get a QB and the offense is fine. The defense? I don't know what the answer is. I thought they would be much improved with the moves they made offseason

Keep the ball out of Fitz's hands even more and get Jackson and Spiller more involved in the offense and that side of the ball would be much improved too.

Fitz is what he is a journey man average QB. Unfortunately for him and us as fans, Gailey decides to center his entire offense around a guy that simply isn't good enough to get the job done with everything placed on his back.

Skooby
10-21-2012, 07:45 PM

The D has to be our focus, we're not completely inept on offense is my point. Another WR or new QB isn't going to make us winners, we can't ignore the horny 600 Gorilla in the room.

X-Era
10-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Keep the ball out of Fitz's hands even more and get Jackson and Spiller more involved in the offense and that side of the ball would be much improved too.

Fitz is what he is a journey man average QB. Unfortunately for him and us as fans, Gailey decides to center his entire offense around a guy that simply isn't good enough to get the job done with everything placed on his back.I will agree with this criticism of Fitz and Gailey. I think it's on the mark.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 07:46 PM
The D has to be our focus, we're not completely inept on offense is my point. Another WR or new QB isn't going to make us winners, we can't ignore the horny 600 Gorilla in the room.

We'd need Brees, Rodgers or Brady at QB to win with how bad this defense is.

I don't get why people don't understand that.

Novacane
10-21-2012, 08:01 PM
We'd need Brees, Rodgers or Brady at QB to win with how bad this defense is.

I don't get why people don't understand that.

I think most people get that the main problem with this team is defense. With this D I don't know if we could even win with a great QB. Brees has only been able to get to 2-4 because of a bad defense.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 08:22 PM
I think most people get that the main problem with this team is defense. With this D I don't know if we could even win with a great QB. Brees has only been able to get to 2-4 because of a bad defense.

That's a perfect example. We'd be 3-4 right now even with Brees at QB.

Fitz stinks but the defense is much worse.

ServoBillieves
10-21-2012, 08:25 PM
Fitz can't close games. Period.

Skooby
10-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Fitz can't close an umbrella.

starrymessenger
10-21-2012, 08:32 PM
SMH

Anybody who watches the games knows that those numbers are a farce. Wysian argument at its finest.
Even those who apparently don't know it will after we play Houston.

BertSquirtgum
10-21-2012, 09:19 PM
I blame the head coach because he is a stupid *******.

BertSquirtgum
10-21-2012, 09:28 PM
That's a perfect example. We'd be 3-4 right now even with Brees at QB.

Fitz stinks but the defense is much worse.

You can't be serious.

Mr. Pink
10-21-2012, 10:23 PM
You can't be serious.

Look at the Saints. They put up points. Look at their record. Look at their D. It's better than ours. They're 2-4.

How's that for serious?

IlluminatusUIUC
10-21-2012, 10:28 PM
In the Pats and Jets games, I laid much of the blame at Fitz' feet. I said, "How can any D be expected to hold up when the QB repeatedly turns the ball over in his own end of the field and can't get first downs?" The subsequent 3 games proved me wrong. Even when Fitz is playing lights out, like he was for 55 minutes today, the D gets utterly gashed on a per-play basis. There's no defending them. They're horrendous.

NOT THE DUDE...
10-22-2012, 12:11 AM
how about some cold george carlin reality. the team sucks, and wont get better until ralph is dead.

have a nice day

BertSquirtgum
10-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Look at the Saints. They put up points. Look at their record. Look at their D. It's better than ours. They're 2-4.

How's that for serious?

Actually the Saints defense is terrible this year. This team would be 5-2 if they had Brees as the quarterback.

Mr. Pink
10-22-2012, 12:49 AM
Actually the Saints defense is terrible this year. This team would be 5-2 if they had Brees as the quarterback.

Neither of these include today which will make the Saints D look even better and ours worse.

Allowed 154 points (30.8/g), 30th.

Allowed 192 points (32.0/g), 31st.

We're giving up more points than they are. And Brees can't overcome their bad D but would overcome ours?

BertSquirtgum
10-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Neither of these include today which will make the Saints D look even better and ours worse.

Allowed 154 points (30.8/g), 30th.

Allowed 192 points (32.0/g), 31st.

We're giving up more points than they are. And Brees can't overcome their bad D but would overcome ours?

If placed in the situations where Putzpatrick ****ed up. Brees wouldn't have.

gebobs
10-22-2012, 03:24 AM
How did you come to that conclusion. One bad sack given up by Hairston? We've given up a total of 7 sacks which is almost the league best and boast the 6th ranked running game by yards per game (147 yards per game).
Have you noticed the injuries piling up? Have you noticed Fitz getting harassed all day long?

Skooby
10-22-2012, 05:06 AM
If placed in the situations where Putzpatrick ****ed up. Brees wouldn't have.

Brees would of made us 4-3 at best, this is the first game we didn't lose real ugly & winning better does not matter.

X-Era
10-22-2012, 05:39 AM
Have you noticed the injuries piling up? Have you noticed Fitz getting harassed all day long?
7 sacks is 7 sacks man. And no I haven't watched Fitz getting harassed, I watched him get sacked once. And I watched him move the ball and complete passes most of the day.

gebobs
10-22-2012, 09:29 AM
7 sacks is 7 sacks man. And no I haven't watched Fitz getting harassed, I watched him get sacked once. And I watched him move the ball and complete passes most of the day.
Whatever you say. But the fact of the matter is that Glenn, Urbik, and now Rinehart have all gone down with injuries.

Skooby
10-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Whatever you say. But the fact of the matter is that Glenn, Urbik, and now Rinehart have all gone down with injuries.

The expected production hasn't fallen off was the point.

gebobs
10-22-2012, 03:14 PM
The expected production hasn't fallen off was the point.
It hasn't? The OL at the season start didn't allow a sack in the first three games other than that bollocks of a call against Cleveland. Since then, Fitz has been sacked 7 times. Zero sacks in the first 3 games...7 sacks in the next 4 games.

And don't anyone tell me they don't see Fitzpatrick feeling pressure otherwise. The first whiff of pressure and he's dumping it off to the first person he can find who is often then leveled by the heat. He's Captain Checkdown redux.