PDA

View Full Version : Complete Overhaul Needed

THATHURMANATOR
10-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Ok I gave this regime 3 years to turn it around. Unfortunately they are no where near the playoffs.

The team needs a change from the top down. ESPECIALLY in the coaching department. We have 2 of the best running backs in football yet we are CONSTANTLY in shotgun running cute draws and quick throws.

Sure Fitz had a nice game...that is until he remembered....oh yeah I haven't thrown a horrible INT in awhile...and went ahead and did so. That throw negated anything he had done prior.

The Defense is embarrassingly bad. I can't even believe how bad they are.

Not going for 2 points when they had multiple opportunities is just unexplainable.

This team needs a REAL coach and a REAL QB. Until we get those things it will be more of the same. I have 0 interest of even going to anymore games this season.

The sad thing is nothing will change. I hear no new progress on the lease talks and Mr Wilson is now 94 years old. Things are looking very bad in Bills land currently. We can only hope for a miracle now. I would never say losing the Bills might be a good thing so I can only hope for is an act of god....

OpIv37
10-22-2012, 10:53 AM
This kind of play certainly isn't going to strengthen the Bills' bargaining position when it comes to lease negotiations. The only reason I think something may get done is because if the Bills move, any politician who is seen as having blood on their hands will basically become un-electable in WNY. It's a potential career-killer.

BertSquirtgum
10-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Ok I gave this regime 3 years to turn it around. Unfortunately they are no where near the playoffs.

The team needs a change from the top down. ESPECIALLY in the coaching department. We have 2 of the best running backs in football yet we are CONSTANTLY in shotgun running cute draws and quick throws.

Sure Fitz had a nice game...that is until he remembered....oh yeah I haven't thrown a horrible INT in awhile...and went ahead and did so. That throw negated anything he had done prior.

The Defense is embarrassingly bad. I can't even believe how bad they are.

Not going for 2 points when they had multiple opportunities is just unexplainable.

This team needs a REAL coach and a REAL QB. Until we get those things it will be more of the same. I have 0 interest of even going to anymore games this season.

The sad thing is nothing will change. I hear no new progress on the lease talks and Mr Wilson is now 94 years old. Things are looking very bad in Bills land currently. We can only hope for a miracle now. I would never say losing the Bills might be a good thing so I can only hope for is an act of god....

This is all true. I have season tickets and the only other game I think I will go to is the Miami game.

Historian
10-22-2012, 12:48 PM
You're just a whining fair-weather fan, Thathurmanator.

:couch:

THATHURMANATOR
10-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Haaaaa

Ed
10-22-2012, 01:11 PM
If Ralph Wilson refuses to sell the team before he dies, is it wrong to hope that he passes on soon?

jdaltroy5
10-22-2012, 01:18 PM
I actually disagree. I don't think we need a complete overhaul.

We need to fire Wanny, cut Fitz, draft a QB, and then fill up the roster with LBs.

I actually don't think we're THAT far away as I believe there is some actual talent on the roster.

As far as Gailey, if he's gone, I won't lose any sleep over it, but losing the continuity and re-hiring a competent coach scares me.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Absolutely, keep 10-15 players who are actually worth anything and dump the rest. This team is nowhere near where it needs to be talent wise.

bf1
10-22-2012, 02:13 PM
They got to thurm! Damn realists. He was one of the last homers standing.

OpIv37
10-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Absolutely, keep 10-15 players who are actually worth anything and dump the rest. This team is nowhere near where it needs to be talent wise.

how does this keep happening every 3-4 years?

Ed
10-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Poor drafting.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 02:47 PM

Dumb luck. Come on how do you think? Bad picks, bad scouting, bad decisions.

OpIv37
10-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Dumb luck. Come on how do you think? Bad picks, bad scouting, bad decisions.

I know.... what I'm asking is how people who get paid 7 figures a year to do nothing but make good football decisions can make so many bad ones, time and time again.

YardRat
10-22-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't think it's a talent level as much as it is coaching, and youth. Yes, there are some obvious upgrades needed (LBer and QB just to mention a couple) but we've got a lot of young talent on the roster that just needs to be put in positions to make plays.

kingJofNYC
10-22-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't think it's a talent level as much as it is coaching, and youth. Yes, there are some obvious upgrades needed (LBer and QB just to mention a couple) but we've got a lot of young talent on the roster that just needs to be put in positions to make plays.
Talent situation is going to get worst after the season, they're going to lose Byrd and Levitre.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 03:32 PM
I know.... what I'm asking is how people who get paid 7 figures a year to do nothing but make good football decisions can make so many bad ones, time and time again.

Sometimes it is purely dumb luck (example Mike Williams) sometimes its poor scouting (example JP Losman) sadly for us its been a combination of the two.

SquishDaFish
10-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Im only coming up for the Miami game and dont care if I cant sell the other ones. Im beyond done and am only going to Miami game because Im taking my dad who has never been there or never been to Niagara Falls. If it wasnt for him I wouldnt go to that one either. **** this team

Billz_fan
10-22-2012, 03:49 PM
The team is not built to win games, that's not important to these guys. If the team sells there tickets, fills the seats and sells merchandise then why is wining even important ? It's not. The Bills make money. That's all Ralph and the bean counters care about anymore.

(edit) I don't think Ralph even cares about the money anymore. Im sure day to care of himself is about all he can handle at this point.

SABURZFAN
10-22-2012, 04:10 PM
If Ralph Wilson refuses to sell the team before he dies, is it wrong to hope that he passes on soon?

not at all. The Old Fart has been ripping of the people of Buffalo for over 50 years and i'm ****ing tired of it. it's time for that old SOB to croak.

YardRat
10-22-2012, 06:20 PM
Talent situation is going to get worst after the season, they're going to lose Byrd and Levitre.

They may lose one, but not both. Just IMO.

jamze132
10-23-2012, 04:57 AM
This is simple.

We have an incompetent DC. We have incometent, no-talent ass clown LBs, an inconsisten QB, and a HC who refuses to fire anyone who deserves it. Fix those and you'll start winning. Hell, just fix the two defensive problem and we'll start winning.

NorthCarBills
10-23-2012, 05:52 AM
To my dismay, we might as well keep Gailey, Wanny, Nix, etc. until new ownership arrives. Because even if there is a change, it wont be anything worth a damn, and we'd be having this same discussion in 2015.

Kidding about keeping these goons by the way. But sadly this is probably the way it would shake down if there was an overhaul now.