PDA

View Full Version : BBD: 2013 NFL Draft Positional Rankings

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Given the sad state of this franchise we wanted to take the bye week and re-do all our rankings, and rev up the 2013 NFL Draft coverage. In truth this was always the plan for the bye week, but the Bills being a big bag of suck only helps because honestly the fans deserve something relatively positive to look forward to.

So this is a three part breakdown of Top 20 2013 prospects and Top 10 2014 by position. First up are the offensive skill positions (QB, RB, FB, WR, & TE);
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/10/re-ranking-offensive-skill-positions/

Each position has its own page with notes, and my thoughts so be sure to click through all five pages for all the info. In total is about 4,700 words so I had to do multiple pages on the piece, sorry.

With the Bills in finding new ways to disappoint fans on a weekly basis we wanted to dedicate our bye week to ramping up our efforts with regard to covering the NFL Draft. Today you’re going to see a complete re-rank of 2013 and 2014 Draft prospects on a position basis. Tomorrow both classes will have new big boards, and on Wednesday we’ll re-do the small school rankings. This is the first of a three part effort to not only re-rank the positions but also provide some scouting thoughts that we have gathered through the first seven weeks.

Part Two is the trenches (offensive and defensive) and that will be late this afternoon.

Extremebillsfan247
10-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Hypothetically, if the Bills were to finish at 5-11, where would that put them in draft order potentially?

jdaltroy5
10-22-2012, 11:41 AM
1) Lose the rest of the games.
2) Fire Wanny.
3) Hire an NFL caliber DC.
4) Cut Fitz.
5) Draft a QB.
6) Draft LBs.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Hypothetically, if the Bills were to finish at 5-11, where would that put them in draft order potentially?

5-10.

- - - Updated - - -

1) Lose the rest of the games.
2) Fire Wanny.
3) Hire an NFL caliber DC.
4) Cut Fitz.
5) Draft a QB.
6) Draft LBs.

You never tank, and if changes were this easy we would of been back already.

jdaltroy5
10-22-2012, 11:59 AM
5-10.

You never tank, and if changes were this easy we would of been back already.
Well clearly it's not THAT easy. I'm a guy on a message board that is trying to escape from the boredom of my job.

I'm not saying to intentionally tank (although sometimes I wonder if that's what they're doing). But at this point, going 7-9 is going to be WORSE than going 3-13.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Well clearly it's not THAT easy. I'm a guy on a message board that is trying to escape from the boredom of my job.

I'm not saying to intentionally tank (although sometimes I wonder if that's what they're doing). But at this point, going 7-9 is going to be WORSE than going 3-13.

Not if you run your front office properly, which we'd agree is not necessairly something the Bills do well. Point being no matter if you're at 1 or 32 if you're running your FO the right way you will make good picks. Intentionally tanking is idiotic and counter productive.

Mouldsie
10-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Andrew Luck and RG3 are doing a great job hiding the fact that they have limited talent around them. Let's start there.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Andrew Luck and RG3 are doing a great job hiding the fact that they have limited talent around them. Let's start there.

I dont think either one is available for trade right now...

jdaltroy5
10-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Not if you run your front office properly, which we'd agree is not necessairly something the Bills do well. Point being no matter if you're at 1 or 32 if you're running your FO the right way you will make good picks. Intentionally tanking is idiotic and counter productive.

I don't agree with intentionally tanking, nor have I ever agreed to it.

I just listed my perfect scenario for the next 6 months, not what I would do if I was GM.

Mouldsie
10-22-2012, 12:33 PM
I mean, if we as fans have control over these outcomes, there's a problem with us.

The Jokeman
10-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Given the sad state of this franchise we wanted to take the bye week and re-do all our rankings, and rev up the 2013 NFL Draft coverage. In truth this was always the plan for the bye week, but the Bills being a big bag of suck only helps because honestly the fans deserve something relatively positive to look forward to.

So this is a three part breakdown of Top 20 2013 prospects and Top 10 2014 by position. First up are the offensive skill positions (QB, RB, FB, WR, & TE);
http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/10/re-ranking-offensive-skill-positions/

Each position has its own page with notes, and my thoughts so be sure to click through all five pages for all the info. In total is about 4,700 words so I had to do multiple pages on the piece, sorry.

Part Two is the trenches (offensive and defensive) and that will be late this afternoon.

Why no love for Terrance Williams? He's bigger than Kendell Wright and beat out Josh Gordon for a starting spot and been performing this year without RGIII.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 01:45 PM
Why no love for Terrance Williams? He's bigger than Kendell Wright and beat out Josh Gordon for a starting spot and been performing this year without RGIII.

Can he run any route other than the 9 or the post? He's a good to great deep threat but he's not overly physical despite his size and he's a limited route runner at this point compared to those he's behind.

Ed
10-22-2012, 02:22 PM
One thing Buffalo does at least have going for it is a weak SOS, which is the tie-breaker for draft position. It will probably still be pretty weak by the end of the season too.

Buffalo Thriller
10-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Ive seen Dyserts tape vs Ohio St and Boise. What do you think about him as our QB and what round?

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Ive seen Dyserts tape vs Ohio St and Boise. What do you think about him as our QB and what round?

Like him a lot, but he needs time to develop. Probably an ideal draft and sit for a year. Im thinking Round 2 as of now.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-22-2012, 06:27 PM
The bills do not have to TRY to tank.... They are doing a fine job of tanking without trying.

DraftBoy
10-30-2012, 11:49 AM
OL and DL Rankings Up!

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2012/10/re-ranking-offensive-and-defensive-trench-warriors/

Last week we unveiled our new offensive skill positions rankings and while we intended to release this much earlier sometimes life gets in the way. Needless to say its here now and ready for you to enjoy. There are more than few suprises in store for you, so make sur you read all the rankings and notes.