• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mouldsie
    • Aug 2012

Whiff for Smith!

Ok, we're still working on the slogan.

Seriously though, I dont want this team to win any more games. I want a franchise signal caller. I get legitimately angry watching Andrew Luck and Sir Robert Griffin make plays every Sunday! One of those teams should have been us....

There is no player of that caliber this class but we can get someone with similar upside who will give us a better chance than Fitz.

And yea, I realize the D is a joke too. One thing at a time, most important thing first :)
  • Mouldsie
    • Aug 2012

Re: Whiff for Smith!

We have chances for garbage wins on 11/15, 11/25, 12/2, 12/9, and 12/23..... these are make or break games

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Not the stupid tanking idea again.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jdaltroy5
        • Aug 2012

I'm on board.

I don't want to see blowouts. I want to see heartbreaking losses like we witnessed yesterday. Offense puts up points, defense looks talented, but misused.

Let's go Bills! If there's one thing you're good at, it's screwing up, so let's do this right!

Comment

• Mouldsie
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by jdaltroy5 View Post
          Let's go Bills! If there's one thing you're good at, it's screwing up, so let's do this right!
          Wait a second....

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i actually think this team will tank...and guess what, none of hte qb's in the draft class are that interesting to me. i watched geno smith fold in a big game. Two bad performances in a row. andre ware tag.

EJ manuel looked horribly inaccuate and relied on dink and dunks. couldn't blow miami out of hte water...struggled with intermediate range accuracy. not sold on him.

barkley railed on a bad team in california in perfect conditions. no thanks.

who else is out there? i thought bray looks accurate in a few games i watched, but they got blown out by alabama (albeit a #1 team) but still isn't winning.

Draftboy, any word on KS qb? he put a whooping on wv on saturday and looks like tebow but seemingly could throw the ball as well. what's his deal?

Comment

• Mouldsie
              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
              i actually think this team will tank...and guess what, none of hte qb's in the draft class are that interesting to me. i watched geno smith fold in a big game. Two bad performances in a row. andre ware tag.

EJ manuel looked horribly inaccuate and relied on dink and dunks. couldn't blow miami out of hte water...struggled with intermediate range accuracy. not sold on him.

who else is out there? i thought bray looks accurate in a few games i watched, but they got blown out by alabama (albeit a #1 team) but still isn't winning.

Draftboy, any word on KS qb? he put a whooping on wv on saturday and looks like tebow but seemingly could throw the ball as well. what's his deal?
              This is the sad reality. 2011 was the year to suck.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Optimus Klein? Hell of a ball player, but no way he's a NFL QB prospect.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Mouldsie View Post
                  Wait a second....
                  You're thinking what I'm thinking aren't you?

They're going to screw up at screwing up and end up 7-9.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

Meanwhile, in last week's column, a reader wondered what this year's "Suck for Luck" quest should be called, offering us "Torpedo for Geno" (for Geno Smith, the likely no. 1 pick). My readers sprang into action and sent in a slew of suggestions, including Whiff-for-Smith, 0-and-Sixteen-O for Geno, Submarino for Geno, The Human Geno Project, Gen0 and 16, Droppin' a Steamo for Geno, Geno-schneid, Petrino for Geno and The Geno Tank-a-reno. The three best ideas in reverse order …

3. "Pacino for Geno"
                    Explained by Steve from Hoboken as "A tribute to someone who was once great like the Cleveland Browns, but now completely mails it in." Solid.

2. "****ty for Smitty"
                    My favorite idea (suggested by multiple readers), only I can't really see Peter King and Chris Berman using this one. What a shame.

1. "Geno-Schneid"
                    The most common suggestion was actually "Geno-Cide," which we're avoiding for obvious reasons because it crosses every line and about 10 other lines beyond all the other lines. But "Geno-Schneid" (first suggested by Haverhill reader Ernie Bassi) — now that's comedy! And it actually works! Should Jacksonville and Kansas City start printing "Geno-Schneid" T-shirts right now, or should they wait a few weeks?
                    The bolded is my favorite.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                      Making Spirits Bright
                      • Mar 2006

Are you just rooting for the Bills to lose or suggesting that the coaches should try to lose?

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

Most of the QBs in this class scare me, Smith is the only one I'm confident in.

Barkley has that SC stigma in my mind, it's bias on my part. I do question his arm strength at the pro level.

T.Wilson can throw it with the best of them, but his brains may be scrambled. Guy has taken way too many shots, concussion history.

Bray is....lol. What a joke, can't even show up to talk to the media.

Honestly, a DE/pass rusher is a better option this year. Lots of talent at that position.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                          Optimus Klein? Hell of a ball player, but no way he's a NFL QB prospect.
                          I'm beginning to think fundamentals are less part of the equation and its entirely in your approach to the game. even tebow, the definition of suckjy throwing found a way to win. if klein keeps winning and performing, i want him way before we settle on a california boy who never won a big game.

this is a new way of thinking for me, but i liked r wilson last year and everyone said he's too small, but he looks good and has that team believing.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

I'm beginning to think fundamentals are less part of the equation and its entirely in your approach to the game. even tebow, the definition of suckjy throwing found a way to win. if klein keeps winning and performing, i want him way before we settle on a california boy who never won a big game.

this is a new way of thinking for me, but i liked r wilson last year and everyone said he's too small, but he looks good and has that team believing.
                            Wilson had phenomenal fundamentals. I can assure you its still almost entirely about fundamentals.
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                              • Jul 2002

Seriously though, I dont want this team to win any more games. I want a franchise signal caller. I get legitimately angry watching Andrew Luck and Sir Robert Griffin make plays every Sunday! One of those teams should have been us....

There is no player of that caliber this class but we can get someone with similar upside who will give us a better chance than Fitz.

And yea, I realize the D is a joke too. One thing at a time, most important thing first :)
                              It's too late. We're almost certain to win 2-4 more games. If we hadn't beaten Cleveland & KC, we might have a shot, but it's too late.

Comment

Working...
                              X