PDA

View Full Version : Whiff for Smith!

Mouldsie
10-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Ok, we're still working on the slogan.

Seriously though, I dont want this team to win any more games. I want a franchise signal caller. I get legitimately angry watching Andrew Luck and Sir Robert Griffin make plays every Sunday! One of those teams should have been us....

There is no player of that caliber this class but we can get someone with similar upside who will give us a better chance than Fitz.

And yea, I realize the D is a joke too. One thing at a time, most important thing first :)

Mouldsie
10-22-2012, 11:35 AM
We have chances for garbage wins on 11/15, 11/25, 12/2, 12/9, and 12/23..... these are make or break games

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Not the stupid tanking idea again.

jdaltroy5
10-22-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm on board.

I don't want to see blowouts. I want to see heartbreaking losses like we witnessed yesterday. Offense puts up points, defense looks talented, but misused.

Let's go Bills! If there's one thing you're good at, it's screwing up, so let's do this right!

Mouldsie
10-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Let's go Bills! If there's one thing you're good at, it's screwing up, so let's do this right!
Wait a second....

trapezeus
10-22-2012, 12:12 PM
i actually think this team will tank...and guess what, none of hte qb's in the draft class are that interesting to me. i watched geno smith fold in a big game. Two bad performances in a row. andre ware tag.

EJ manuel looked horribly inaccuate and relied on dink and dunks. couldn't blow miami out of hte water...struggled with intermediate range accuracy. not sold on him.

barkley railed on a bad team in california in perfect conditions. no thanks.

who else is out there? i thought bray looks accurate in a few games i watched, but they got blown out by alabama (albeit a #1 team) but still isn't winning.

Draftboy, any word on KS qb? he put a whooping on wv on saturday and looks like tebow but seemingly could throw the ball as well. what's his deal?

Mouldsie
10-22-2012, 12:14 PM
i actually think this team will tank...and guess what, none of hte qb's in the draft class are that interesting to me. i watched geno smith fold in a big game. Two bad performances in a row. andre ware tag.

EJ manuel looked horribly inaccuate and relied on dink and dunks. couldn't blow miami out of hte water...struggled with intermediate range accuracy. not sold on him.

who else is out there? i thought bray looks accurate in a few games i watched, but they got blown out by alabama (albeit a #1 team) but still isn't winning.

Draftboy, any word on KS qb? he put a whooping on wv on saturday and looks like tebow but seemingly could throw the ball as well. what's his deal?
This is the sad reality. 2011 was the year to suck.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 12:17 PM

Optimus Klein? Hell of a ball player, but no way he's a NFL QB prospect.

jdaltroy5
10-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Wait a second....

You're thinking what I'm thinking aren't you?

They're going to screw up at screwing up and end up 7-9.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-22-2012, 12:42 PM

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8524001/a-hierarchy-hypocrites

Meanwhile, in last week's column, a reader wondered what this year's "Suck for Luck" quest should be called, offering us "Torpedo for Geno" (for Geno Smith, the likely no. 1 pick). My readers sprang into action and sent in a slew of suggestions, including Whiff-for-Smith, 0-and-Sixteen-O for Geno, Submarino for Geno, The Human Geno Project, Gen0 and 16, Droppin' a Steamo for Geno, Geno-schneid, Petrino for Geno and The Geno Tank-a-reno. The three best ideas in reverse order …

3. "Pacino for Geno"
Explained by Steve from Hoboken as "A tribute to someone who was once great like the Cleveland Browns, but now completely mails it in." Solid.

2. "****ty for Smitty"
My favorite idea (suggested by multiple readers), only I can't really see Peter King and Chris Berman using this one. What a shame.

1. "Geno-Schneid"
The most common suggestion was actually "Geno-Cide," which we're avoiding for obvious reasons because it crosses every line and about 10 other lines beyond all the other lines. But "Geno-Schneid" (first suggested by Haverhill reader Ernie Bassi) — now that's comedy! And it actually works! Should Jacksonville and Kansas City start printing "Geno-Schneid" T-shirts right now, or should they wait a few weeks?

The bolded is my favorite.

Joe Fo Sho
10-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Are you just rooting for the Bills to lose or suggesting that the coaches should try to lose?

kingJofNYC
10-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Most of the QBs in this class scare me, Smith is the only one I'm confident in.

Barkley has that SC stigma in my mind, it's bias on my part. I do question his arm strength at the pro level.

T.Wilson can throw it with the best of them, but his brains may be scrambled. Guy has taken way too many shots, concussion history.

Bray is....lol. What a joke, can't even show up to talk to the media.

Honestly, a DE/pass rusher is a better option this year. Lots of talent at that position.

trapezeus
10-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Optimus Klein? Hell of a ball player, but no way he's a NFL QB prospect.

I'm beginning to think fundamentals are less part of the equation and its entirely in your approach to the game. even tebow, the definition of suckjy throwing found a way to win. if klein keeps winning and performing, i want him way before we settle on a california boy who never won a big game.

this is a new way of thinking for me, but i liked r wilson last year and everyone said he's too small, but he looks good and has that team believing.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm beginning to think fundamentals are less part of the equation and its entirely in your approach to the game. even tebow, the definition of suckjy throwing found a way to win. if klein keeps winning and performing, i want him way before we settle on a california boy who never won a big game.

this is a new way of thinking for me, but i liked r wilson last year and everyone said he's too small, but he looks good and has that team believing.

Wilson had phenomenal fundamentals. I can assure you its still almost entirely about fundamentals.

Albany,n.y.
10-22-2012, 03:04 PM

Seriously though, I dont want this team to win any more games. I want a franchise signal caller. I get legitimately angry watching Andrew Luck and Sir Robert Griffin make plays every Sunday! One of those teams should have been us....

There is no player of that caliber this class but we can get someone with similar upside who will give us a better chance than Fitz.

And yea, I realize the D is a joke too. One thing at a time, most important thing first :)
It's too late. We're almost certain to win 2-4 more games. If we hadn't beaten Cleveland & KC, we might have a shot, but it's too late.

YardRat
10-22-2012, 03:05 PM
The 'most important thing first' still applies to defense and the oline, so getting an actual DC should be the first order of business. This week is not soon enough.

cookie G
10-22-2012, 03:06 PM

Klein isn't an NFL QB, and I'm a huge fan of his. There are fewer players I have more respect for in college football.

But the throws he will have to make on a regular basis in the NFL are in a far tighter window, with far better coverage, than he saw against WV. He doesn't make mistakes, he doesn't throw into double coverage, for instance, but he will in the NFL, because he'll have to. That's just the nature of the game.

I don't want Barkley either. Good numbers when he's well protected and things are going right...not so good under duress. Thus is the stereotype of the USC QB, that has proven itself out in the NFL.

Geno Smith is like the undefeated fighter who got knocked out by an unknown, and has yet to get his swagger back. He was hesitant to throw deep against K-State, and I think he had opportunities. He's still the most accurate QB I've seen this year, but if he doesn't get his confidence back, he's in trouble.

this is a new way of thinking for me, but i liked r wilson last year and everyone said he's too small, but he looks good and has that team believing.[/QUOTE]

Generalissimus Gibby
10-22-2012, 03:54 PM
can we also bring in Bill Snyder or Mel Tjeerdsma and let them have all the power they want? Bill and Mel have both turned perrenial dumpster fires into perrenial powerhouses.

Demon
10-22-2012, 04:16 PM
Not the stupid tanking idea again.

Oh right right, let's win meaningless games because that changes the "culture" right.... please. F outta here with that. This team is pathetic. Give me a high pick and more reason to fire these clowns.

trapezeus
10-22-2012, 04:27 PM
but russell wilson dropped because of his size. but the guy was a fighter and played very well. that should stand out moreso than anything else...if you ask me.

before, especially with fitz, i was starting to get into the "get a guy with an arm", but you do need a guy who is intelligent. and i think the winners in college are the ones who are more likely to become the intelligent guys. and yes, you can't take a pennington or fitz, but those intangibles are maybe just on equal level as the basic awesome strengths.

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Oh right right, let's win meaningless games because that changes the "culture" right.... please. F outta here with that. This team is pathetic. Give me a high pick and more reason to fire these clowns.

Because this team has shown the ability when given high picks to make the right long term solutions? So you're advocating sucking, so we can draft higher busts? Awesome.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Too late, isn't it? The Browns already have the edge on us for the top draft pick, thanks to our meaningless win.

Ed
10-22-2012, 05:00 PM
Too late, isn't it? The Browns already have the edge on us for the top draft pick, thanks to our meaningless win.
Browns still have a chance to beat the Chiefs and the Raiders. If we both finish 3-13 they would likely have the stronger SOS giving us the higher pick than them.