What can the Bills do to turn it around?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buffalobillsfan95
    • Jan 2010

What can the Bills do to turn it around?

Deja vu.... This team reminds me of the redskins when they signed hanesworth and were expose to be 1 of the best d-fences in the league.

I don't know whether we are not gelling together or it's stache's defence is not maximizing the strengths of the players .

The thing is, we shouldn't be this bad on defense.

I didn't forget about Chan & fitz.

Chan never should of been the head coach. He has been a good OC, maximizing the talent we do have, but he shouldn't be calling all the shots. He always coaches himself out of a game.

Fitz came here and surprised people. He was good when he was fitzmagic, but that's long gone. I actually think he can take us to the playoffs. But I don't think bills locker room does. The difference this year and last year is fitz and the whole team thought they could win every game. Last year as soon as adversity hit the bills, they lost that swagger and fitz era was on the clock to end.

We clearly need a rejuvenation at qb and defence. But what do you do this year during the bye to change it around?
    “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: What can the Bills do to turn it around?

Gailey's said he doesnt believe in firing a coach mid-season. So what can be done?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
      • Aug 2012

1) Fire Wanny and hire a DC that doesn't gameplan like it's 1976
      2) Cut Fitz
      3) Draft a QB
      4) Pray

Comment

• jdaltroy5
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by The King View Post
        Gailey's said he doesnt believe in firing a coach mid-season. So what can be done?
        Fire Gailey.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

I wish Gailey would fire Wannstedt and then resign.
          Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 10-22-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
            He fired George Edwards so he lied. I wish he would fire Wannstedt and then resign.
            He took his play calling away i think, but didn't fire him till after the season ended
            “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

This season? Really all that can be done is fire Wanny and hope for the best. It won't be enough but it's really our only shot. And it probably won't happen.

In the off-season? I think this team has talent, but we need the following:
              1. New coaching
              2. New QB
              3. Talent upgrade at LB
              4. Talent upgrade at CB
              5. Talent upgrade at #2 WR.

If we get 1-3 we'll be in good shape. If we get all 5 we'll be in great shape. But I see little chance of #1 or #2 happening.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                Legendary Zoner
                • May 2009

Originally posted by buffalobillsfan95 View Post
                He took his play calling away i think, but didn't fire him till after the season ended
                This is true. He didn't fire him until January 2nd.

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

Chan for OC!

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i would like to see gailey stay offensively. i see success with his offense. guys are open. passes are missed. and now he's limited it to the least dangerous options which is just killer.

a new coach means a blow up of everything kind of was working.

i wish they could get cowher to step in and demote gailey to where he belongs as OC. and then let cowher work the defense organization without any meddling. let him draft the players and dictate what he wants.

Comment

• Gibby
                      • Jun 2006

1) New Ownership group of Buffalo and Toronto Businessmen to keep Bills in region for next several decades
                      2) Build a new retractable roof stadium downtown with about 65,000 seats and all the creature comforts of the newest stadiums.
                      2) New GM and front office staff
                      3) Demote Chan to OC, a proper role for him because he has a good mind for the offense but has no real business being a head coach.
                      3) Fire Wanny and get competent DC whose teams who understand the concept of blitz
                      4) A new headcoach who has won at the pro level
                      5) draft a good franchise qb
                      6) draft some linebackers
                      7) Its painful, but an example has to be made. Mario needs to be suspended for the rest of the season and then cut. The point is, I don't care how much your contract is worth, if you mail it in you are someone else's problem
                      8) invest some money into the NFL referee retirement pension fund and get them to make all their calls in our favor
                      9) Its small potatoes compared to the rest, but go for a solid blue collar for our home uniforms
                      10) Put Saban and Cookie G. On the Wall of Fame

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Well, some GOOD QBs have come out of the CFL & had success in the NFL:

Joe Kapp, Joe Theismann, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, Warren Moon.

How about Canadian Bills fans, any GOOD QBs playing in Canada today?

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

The only time I want to see Chan Gailey at RWS after this season is on the opponent's sideline. This demote Chan talk is ridiculous-KC had the right idea firing him in preseason as offensive coordinator. The sooner they get him out of town permanently, the better.

Comment

• DrGraves
                            • Mar 2008

They can forfeit the rest of their games and assure themselves an opportunity to draft a franchise qb.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

It will only change when Ralph no longer owns this team.

Comment

Working...
                              X