PDA

View Full Version : The only card Ralph has left...

coastal
10-22-2012, 07:07 PM
this offseason will see a full-fledged exodus of season ticket holders and even the home opener won't be sold out.

ralph has only one move left IMO...

He has to fire Russ Brandon, swallow his pride, and hire Bill Polian as Russ' replacement.

Hell... Ralph's daughter that got Polian fired because he told her to go **** herself is dead... only the act of pissing on his dead daughter's grave will appease the Kraken at this point.

Do it Ralph... or face your doom!

Crisis
10-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Or they'll bring in a big name to inspire hope in the fanbase (Bledsoe, TO, Mario, etc), get a renewal of season tickets, and promptly miss the playoffs again... repeating the same decade and a half long cycle.

coastal
10-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Or they'll bring in a big name to inspire hope in the fanbase (Bledsoe, TO, Mario, etc), get a renewal of season tickets, and promptly miss the playoffs again... repeating the same decade and a half long cycle.
I don't think it will work anymore.

For all the new coaching threads... none are really gaining any traction.

Why?

Bills fans have finally smartened up and seen what the problem really is... the organization.

Only someone strong and in a position to really affect change can sway us back.

Polian really is the only candidate... most wouldn't take the job and Polian may be black-balled around the league from truly high level positions.

Polian and his ego are our only hope.

bills_7
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM
sign losman
no more tampa 2 defence

DraftBoy
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Ummm...why are you bringing in Polian to run marketing?

coastal
10-22-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm bringing him in to be the CEO.

I want a football guy being the CEO... not a marketing guy.

but that's just me.

Billz_fan
10-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Ralph is not going to do much if anything. I don't think he has the mental or physical capacity to make any strong football decisions one way or the other anymore. It's cruise control until Ralph passes. Oh they may hire a coach or similar but I think we have seen the last of any house cleanings and organizational reorganizing.

coastal
10-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Ralph is not going to do much if anything. I don't think he has the mental or physical capacity to make any strong football decisions one way or the other anymore. It's cruise control until Ralph passes. Oh they may hire a coach or similar but I think we have seen the last of any house cleanings and organizational reorganizing.
then next season is crickets at the Ralph.

coastal
10-23-2012, 06:58 AM
Seriously... For two people to thank this illustrates part of the larger problem with the fan base continuing their support of this ****ty organization.

The CEO's primary responsibility shouldn't be marketing.

should it be making money... Yes... But it should also be putting a successful product on the field.

who's more likely to understand how to do that?

Brandon or Polian?

Also Polian is strong enough to keep Detroit at bay. Russ is not.

Does this not make sense?

Albany,n.y.
10-23-2012, 07:07 AM
this offseason will see a full-fledged exodus of season ticket holders and even the home opener won't be sold out.

ralph has only one move left IMO...

He has to fire Russ Brandon, swallow his pride, and hire Bill Polian as Russ' replacement.

Hell... Ralph's daughter that got Polian fired because he told her to go **** herself is dead... only the act of pissing on his dead daughter's grave will appease the Kraken at this point.

Do it Ralph... or face your doom!

Ralph has to stop hiring guys in their 70s & 80s to run things. Polian will be 70 this December. His prime was 20 years ago. If Ralph wants credibility (if he survives this season), he's not going to do it by hiring another 70 year old GM.

coastal
10-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Ralph has to stop hiring guys in their 70s & 80s to run things. Polian will be 70 this December. His prime was 20 years ago. If Ralph wants credibility (if he survives this season), he's not going to do it by hiring another 70 year old GM.
I am not advocating bringing him in as a GM.

Albany,n.y.
10-23-2012, 07:25 AM
I am not advocating bringing him in as a GM.
But you do realize that if Polian is running the show, Polian Jr, who got both of them fired in Indy, comes in as GM.

DraftBoy
10-23-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm bringing him in to be the CEO.

I want a football guy being the CEO... not a marketing guy.

but that's just me.

And you think Polian wants to do that business side? He'd have to do the marketing and bs public appearances. He's a football guy, not a business guy. Brandon is fine at CEO, he has almost no power over football decisions anymore.

DraftBoy
10-23-2012, 07:30 AM
Seriously... For two people to thank this illustrates part of the larger problem with the fan base continuing their support of this ****ty organization.

should it be making money... Yes... But it should also be putting a successful product on the field.

Brandon or Polian?

Brandon. Polian is not a business oriented guy, nor would he want to deal with that side of the job. Let Brandon do what he does best. If you want to bring Polian in its on the football side, leave the business to business people.

I agree though it illustrates a part of a large problem, Im just not sure we agree on what that problem is.

Historian
10-23-2012, 08:25 AM
I think last weekend was the beginning of mending fences with BP. (The Wall ceremony)

Not for Ralph, but for JK and whomever his money guys are.

I could see Polian as CEO or President, when there is no more stench of the Wilson family anywhere near the team ever again.

better days
10-23-2012, 10:11 AM

Brandon or Polian?

Brandon is in charge of marketing, nothing else. He does a good job at that. No reason in the world to replace him.

coastal
10-23-2012, 01:00 PM
And you think Polian wants to do that business side? He'd have to do the marketing and bs public appearances. He's a football guy, not a business guy. Brandon is fine at CEO, he has almost no power over football decisions anymore.
Does Polian want to be the CEO of an NFL franchise?

are you F'in kidding me?

CEO's can turn their positions into whatever they want it to be... That's why some are more successful at it than others.

Brandon has been wildly successful at the financial side... and has totally failed on the football side.

sorry... If the goal of the franchise is two-fold then Brandon is only 50% successful.

he needs to go!

And his replacement needs to handle Detroit... Not be Detroit's *****.

Polian can do that.

coastal
10-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Brandon is in charge of marketing, nothing else. He does a good job at that. No reason in the world to replace him.when structuring a business... You don't turn to your best marketer in order to fill the CEO position... Unless of course you don't give a crap about operations.

this is business mgmt 101

Joe Fo Sho
10-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Does Polian want to be the CEO of an NFL franchise?

are you F'in kidding me?

CEO's can turn their positions into whatever they want it to be... That's why some are more successful at it than others.

Brandon has been wildly successful at the financial side... and has totally failed on the football side.

sorry... If the goal of the franchise is two-fold then Brandon is only 50% successful.

he needs to go!

And his replacement needs to handle Detroit... Not be Detroit's *****.

Polian can do that.

Are you really blaming Russ Brandon for the state of the Buffalo Bills?

justasportsfan
10-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Havent you guys learned yet. Russ is a marketing genius.. If he trades up for a Geno Smith, he'll sell tickets.

better days
10-23-2012, 03:27 PM
when structuring a business... You don't turn to your best marketer in order to fill the CEO position... Unless of course you don't give a crap about operations.

this is business mgmt 101

I like the way the Bills are structured right now.

Brandon in charge of marketing.

Nix in charge of all football matters.

Littman in charge of legal matters.

Johnny Bugmenot
10-23-2012, 03:29 PM
He's the one in charge, isn't he? I mean, how much of a role can a 94-year-old man really have in an NFL team? He wanted to retire way back when Donahoe came in. And Ralph is the only one who outranks Brandon in the franchise.

So, um, yeah, I'm blaming Russ Brandon. He's not just the marketing guy, he's the de facto president of the franchise. He's the Bills equivalent of Larry Quinn or Ted Black. He's in charge, and as a result, the buck stops with him.

Joe Fo Sho
10-23-2012, 03:31 PM
He's the one in charge, isn't he? I mean, how much of a role can a 94-year-old man really have in an NFL team? He wanted to retire way back when Donahoe came in. And Ralph is the only one who outranks Brandon in the franchise.

So, um, yeah, I'm blaming Russ Brandon. He's not just the marketing guy, he's the de facto president of the franchise. He's the Bills equivalent of Larry Quinn or Ted Black. He's in charge, and as a result, the buck stops with him.

So Brandon was in charge of the last 3 drafts that the Bills had? What does Nix do?

coastal
10-24-2012, 05:18 AM
No. He is what he is.

im blaming the person who put him there.

coastal
10-24-2012, 05:26 AM
I like the way the Bills are structured right now.

Brandon in charge of marketing.

Nix in charge of all football matters.

Littman in charge of legal matters.so because everything fits in a nice little silo, it's a successful structure?

the on-field production (operations) says otherwise.

Look... From a business mgmt perspective it's clear something is broken within the organization.

how else do you explain THIRTEEN years of no playoffs? Not just that, but there's a laundry list of players and coaches who leave the Bills only to find success elsewhere.

Again.. another sign that the organization itself is dysfunctional.

we as fans tend to focus on a bottom-up (players, coaches, GM) analysis of trying to figure out how to improve.

I, along with some other posters, are looking at top down.... but I'm taking it a step further... It's not just about plugging in a new person... It's about getting those people working with each other in the right way. And that takes a CEO who knows wtf their doing.

sorry... But Russ Brandon ain't it.

better days
10-24-2012, 08:12 AM
so because everything fits in a nice little silo, it's a successful structure?

the on-field production (operations) says otherwise.

Look... From a business mgmt perspective it's clear something is broken within the organization.

how else do you explain THIRTEEN years of no playoffs? Not just that, but there's a laundry list of players and coaches who leave the Bills only to find success elsewhere.

Again.. another sign that the organization itself is dysfunctional.

we as fans tend to focus on a bottom-up (players, coaches, GM) analysis of trying to figure out how to improve.

I, along with some other posters, are looking at top down.... but I'm taking it a step further... It's not just about plugging in a new person... It's about getting those people working with each other in the right way. And that takes a CEO who knows wtf their doing.

sorry... But Russ Brandon ain't it.

Give it a rest. This FO has only been in place for 3 years, NOT 13. Brandon does a great job at marketing & despite what some people may think, Nix has done a fine job with the draft & acquiring players.

coastal
10-25-2012, 06:12 AM
Give it a rest. This FO has only been in place for 3 years, NOT 13. Brandon does a great job at marketing & despite what some people may think, Nix has done a fine job with the draft & acquiring players.
what do u do for a living?

Night Train
10-25-2012, 06:45 AM

This...until Ralph passes and a sale is completed.