PDA

View Full Version : Let's not go crazy here... (shameless and somewhat cheezy rally cry)

X-Era
10-22-2012, 07:29 PM
As bad as we've played and we've played bad, it's far from over and there is a lot of football to play. Yes, this team is giving up way too many points. Yes, we won't win many games if we don't play better. But, as bad as it's been, the damage we've done hasn't been devastating. Look at the standings. Were 1 game out of 1st in the AFC East and only 3 teams in all of the AFC have more wins (Hou, Bal, NE). Basically it's Houston and every body else in the AFC.

We have the bye week to work to turn it around. We may add a player or two or make a change or two. Maybe not. We have players getting vocal and you know they will be vocal behind the closed doors in the locker room.

We know we have areas where we aren't playing well enough. ILB, OLB, and yes QB. But, many other teams are in that boat. Hell, no team is so perfect that they have no weaknesses. I think the standings reflect that.

Yes, it's possible that we stink up the NFL this year. That's a plausible conclusion. But, I still hope we don't. And with the standings the way they are I won't throw in the towel on the season yet.

I think you've seen me defending this team lately. I'm doing it because I really don't think were as far off as it seems. I reserve the right to be wrong. I've been wrong many times before.

But set all that aside. This is our team. Many cities don't have one. We do. This is still the team that had Bruce, Jimbo, Thurman, Tasker, Biscuit, Levy, Polian, and 4 SB appearances. This is still my team and I will find a way to enjoy watching my team play. If for no other reason than we have a team; I have a team. Even if I think were going no where this year, my team still has players that I really like to watch play the game of football... Stevie, Freddie, CJ, Hairston, Gilmore, Kyle Williams, Scott Chandler. I can enjoy just that. Those guys are Bills and they play for my team. As a guy who likes the draft I can enjoy watching prospects and hoping we draft them to turn it around; I can look forward to who the next great Bill might be.

Be pissed, I am. Come talk, *****, whine, moan, whatever. I will. But I just hope you can find a way to enjoy the fact that you can do all that here... on the best Bills board (and I honestly feel that way)... with other Bills fans... and that you're talking about your team and not some other team. And I hope that you can find a way to still enjoy football and moreover Bills football. After all, it's still our team. So wear a paper bag over your head if you like... but poke some eye holes through it so you can still watch your Bills play the game of football, even as badly as we sometimes do it.

:2cents:

:peace:

The King
10-22-2012, 07:36 PM
Nicely put.

coastal
10-22-2012, 07:38 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xsZPWsVNTqo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

BillsFever21
10-22-2012, 07:53 PM
I was waiting for one of these threads LOL. I wonder when we're 3-6 if some will still be saying the same thing.

Of course technically the season isn't over with but if anyone thinks that this lousy coached team is going to all of a sudden turn it around and make the playoffs then they are just being a complete homer or have drank too much of the Kool Aid at OBD.

TrEd FTW
10-22-2012, 07:57 PM
It's very much over. This team is horrible.

DynaPaul
10-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Sorry bro, I'm not drinking that kool-aid this year. It's bad.

Luisito23
10-22-2012, 08:47 PM
I can't wait for this pathetic team to be officially eliminated, then maybe I won't have to see dumb threads like this again.

Turf
10-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Its over bro.

BertSquirtgum
10-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Why can't you see the that this team stinks? Open your eyes man. With that idiot as a head coach, this team isn't going anywhere.

jamze132
10-23-2012, 04:17 AM
Unless we change our defensive game plan, the results will remain the same. This is THE problem with this team. Not Gailey calling passes when he shoudln't and not Fitz throwing crappy passes that he shouldn't. When you put up 34 points, you should win. Thanks defense for not even bothering to show up this season.

OpIv37
10-23-2012, 11:24 AM
0-2 in the division, giving the Jets and Pats head-to head tiebreakers. 3 AFC losses in a tight division.

That damage is devastating.

Ed
10-23-2012, 12:30 PM
I was 100% behind this before the Titans game, but that loss is just too deflating. I'll jump back on board if we can play with some heart and find a way to steal one from the Texans or Pats, but I'm pretty tired of setting myself up for disappointment. I'd be more excited to watch if I knew CJ Spiller was going to get the bulk of the carries the rest of the way, but he'll probably never get more than 10-12 a game.

I'm ready for some NBA. I got my opening game tickets for the Denver Nuggets and I think it's going to be an exciting season.

SABURZFAN
10-23-2012, 04:52 PM
this team has no heart and doesn't give 100%. it sad that we have to endure another season of no playoffs.