• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Please stop calling for coaches and front office head

People,

Look I believe every coach and GM should receive at a minimum of 4 years before they are fired. Gailey and Nix inherited a terrible team and granted we are not much better I still believe they should at least get one more year.

The very minimum would be to fire Gailey after the bye week next season.

Look I know this season is over and we will be 3-6 in 3 weeks but we still have a shot for 7 or 8 wins after that if they can get their act together.

Either way Gailey and Nix should receive 4 years to rebuild and if we do not win 10 games or get a playoff birth next year FIRE THEM, PERIOD.

Yes go ahead and site your one or two year turn around teams and if you look those teams had a lot more talent when the new coach took over than this team.

I just am so tired of constantly blowing it up, I just hope Ralph gives them one more year and that they prove him correct and give us a team we can actually be proud of. A team that can win and will be competitive in every game.

I hate knowing we have no chance these next two games. However, what I hate more is the idea of a new GM and coach telling me three more years.
  • jdaltroy5
    • Aug 2012

Re: Please stop calling for coaches and front office head

I can't recall a single time in my life that I have ever asked for Coach or front office head.

They're probably terrible at it anyway.

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

Why ?

Just because they are a couple of steps ahead of the last bunch of losers doesn't mean they are good enough.
      They deserve all the heat they are getting.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

tell that to the 9'ers. The way things are going, the dolphins are looking to surpass us in their 1st year of rebuild. Chan has til the end of the year to turn things around.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jdaltroy5
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
          Why ?

Just because they are a couple of steps ahead of the last bunch of losers doesn't mean they are good enough.
          They aren't a couple of steps ahead of the last bunch of losers.

Chan and Buddy have a .333 winning percentage.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
            Why ?

At this point that statement is called into question.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DesertFox24 View Post
              People,

Look I believe every coach and GM should receive at a minimum of 4 years before they are fired. Gailey and Nix inherited a terrible team and granted we are not much better I still believe they should at least get one more year.

Look I know this season is over and we will be 3-6 in 3 weeks but we still have a shot for 7 or 8 wins after that if they can get their act together.

Either way Gailey and Nix should receive 4 years to rebuild and if we do not win 10 games or get a playoff birth next year FIRE THEM, PERIOD.

Yes go ahead and site your one or two year turn around teams and if you look those teams had a lot more talent when the new coach took over than this team.

I just am so tired of constantly blowing it up, I just hope Ralph gives them one more year and that they prove him correct and give us a team we can actually be proud of. A team that can win and will be competitive in every game.

I hate knowing we have no chance these next two games. However, what I hate more is the idea of a new GM and coach telling me three more years.
              I'm tired of blowing everything up and starting over too.

Here's the problem: Nix and Chan were bad decisions. You could give them 20 years and they are never going to get it right. It's the same ****ty situation we've been in 3 or 4 times over the last 12 years or so. No one wants to blow it up and start over, but the reality is that we have to start over, so the sooner the better.

And, actually, they are behind the last bunch of losers. Our D has actually gotten worse and is on pace to be historically bad, both in terms of the team and the NFL. And this was after spending the last 2 first round draft picks on D and two big-name defensive free agents, and a new DC. They are spinning their wheels and clearly have no idea what the **** they are doing.

Of course, the other reality is that nothing will change. Ralph will just underpay for the next coach and GM and in 3-4 years we'll be having this exact discussion over again. This team is ****ing Groundhog Day.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jimmifli
                • Nov 2006

People,

Look, stop arguing with the OP. He believes GM's and coaches need 4 years. BELIEVES, PEOPLE, BELIEVES.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                  • Jul 2002

People,

So, according to you theories, we let the following coaches go too soon (I'm including the ones who quit):
                  Buster Ramsey
                  Joe Collier
                  Harvey Johnson
                  John Rauch
                  Jim Ringo
                  Kay Stephenson
                  Hank Bullough
                  Wade Phillips (maybe right on this one)
                  Gregg Williams
                  Mike Mularkey
                  Perry Fewell

So, according to your theory, the only coaches we've kept long enough are Lou Saban, Chuck Knox, Marv Levy & DICK JAURON.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                    • Sep 2009

These guys weren't good hires to begin with. Remember how we all felt when Gailey was chosen? Rock bottom, no one wanted to coach here except him. Almost every fan hated the selection, but what could we do?

We then convinced ourselves that he could make it work, and Buddy's scouting background would change our amateur scouting. What else could we do but delude ourselves into thinking that they could turn this **** heap around? Faced with two choices at the time, hope they'd do what no one else had done in about a decade or accept reality that this team was truly going nowhere for the foreseeable future, most of the fanbase chose the former because being irrational is more palatable than being rational. Hope is all we had left.

**** hope.
                    Last edited by kingJofNYC; 10-23-2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

People,

Another year of these idiots? Get the F out of here.

13 and freaking 28 man. It will probably be 15-35 by the end of the year. No way these clowns deserve another year.
                      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                        • Sep 2009

I wish Carrington never got his hand on that ball, don't deserve the 3 wins they have.

Worst coaching job I've seen from any Bills coach in the 20+ years of following the team.

Comment

• Gibby
                          • Jun 2006

The only way I even consider giving Chan another year is nine wins and being in the playoff hunt on the very last sunday of the year.

Comment

• bf1
                            • Oct 2010

People,

If I could, I'd fire you as a fan.

Comment

• Zero
                              Primary Objective: Buffalo Bills- Super Bowl Champs
                              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              I'm tired of blowing everything up and starting over too.

Here's the problem: Nix and Chan were bad decisions. You could give them 20 years and they are never going to get it right. It's the same ****ty situation we've been in 3 or 4 times over the last 12 years or so. No one wants to blow it up and start over, but the reality is that we have to start over, so the sooner the better.

And, actually, they are behind the last bunch of losers. Our D has actually gotten worse and is on pace to be historically bad, both in terms of the team and the NFL. And this was after spending the last 2 first round draft picks on D and two big-name defensive free agents, and a new DC. They are spinning their wheels and clearly have no idea what the **** they are doing.

Of course, the other reality is that nothing will change. Ralph will just underpay for the next coach and GM and in 3-4 years we'll be having this exact discussion over again. This team is ****ing Groundhog Day.
                              It matters little whether we fire these guys or not. Nobody worth a crap wants to come here. Coaching here is the equivalent of receiving a death sentence or being exiled to a God-forsaken place. Ex-coaches have not spoken highly of this organization in the past so who are you gonna replace the current regime with huh? The reputation of the Bills, or should I say, the good reputation that we had following the SB years has long been tarnished, replaced now with a rep that is far less flattering- to put it mildly.

Years ago, when we still had crediblity, we stood a chance at landing talent. But now that the word is out on just how dysfunctional the Bills are as organization, the only people willing to come here are those just looking for a paycheck, or those that have no choice BUT to come here. Nothing will change until Ralph is gone- period.

Comment

Working...
                              X