PDA

View Full Version : why the F didnt they go for 2

BillsFanInMass
10-23-2012, 07:15 PM
When the Bills were down by 8 early in the third why didnt they go for 2 when they scored? I just knew we were gonna end losing by 1 when they kicked that extra pt. It makes no sense . It makes no difference to be down by 1 or 2 u still need a fg to win. So why not go for 2 . And then they scored again to put them up by 5 and went for an extra pt again why?

BertSquirtgum
10-23-2012, 08:10 PM
because Chan Gailey is an idiot and should have been fired at the end of last year.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
10-23-2012, 08:20 PM
this is soooo 2 days ago :)

Typ0
10-23-2012, 08:23 PM
chan said in the postgame touchdowns are easy to come by in the nfl and it was beyond his wildest imagination the bills would go a whole quarter without scoring one...apparently he was waiting until the next td to try for two

Ed
10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Because the NFL is full of a bunch of pussy ass coaches that have been forced to believe that losing conservatively is somehow better than actually having the balls to give your team a better chance to win by looking beyond the standard football conventions of wisdom that handcuff every coaching decision.

Our offense spent all game making plays against one of the most piss poor defenses in the whole league, but the idea of having to gain the staggering distance of 2 yards was so impossible and frightful there was no other choice but to settle for the extra point kick. I mean we only averaged 6.9 yds per carry and completed 77% of our passes for the game so why should any smart coach be foolish enough to believe they might actually have a chance of converting the 2 point play?

It's the same reason coaches never go for it on 4th and 1 unless they have to, even though the odds of them converting the first down are heavily in their favor. Coaches are so scared of the criticism of going against the grain even if it give themselves a better chance to win that they would rather just always play it "safe" and lose to avoid their decision making being questioned. It's totally pathetic and there is nothing I despise more in the NFL than the complete lack of balls coaches have. As long as you never take chances or deviate from standard NFL conventional wisdom you will always remain employable in the NFL coaching fraternity.

Turf
10-24-2012, 12:59 AM
I'll go one step further. It never even crossed his mind, in other words, he wasn't even aware of the situation. Everything he says afterwards is damage control. He's a ****ing idiot.

bills_7
10-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Bad coaching.. what iv notice is that they set a plan before the game and dont adjust on the fly what so ever

T-Long
10-25-2012, 02:15 PM
There is actually a sheet that some Quality Control coaches have available when this type of situation comes up. When its in the 3rd quarter of the game, the sheet more than likely said to take the point. I always hear analysts talking about this as well...rule of thumb is, don't go for two unless it is 100% necessary.