PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams is destroying this team!

coastal
10-24-2012, 07:05 AM
Lets look at some facts here...

- Chris Kelsay is calling out someone(s) on the D for lack of effort.

- Mario claims he had a wrist injury, and this is affecting his game.

- Bills don't report said wrist injury and subsequently get fined $20,000 for not reporting.

- When Gailey is asked about it, he deflects ALL questions directly back to Mario. Very weird.

- Reports surface that Mario contemplating wrist surgery.

- oh... And Mario sucks.

Here's my take... The highest paid defensive player in the history of the league is either completely faking or exhagerating this injury to deflect criticism or to avoid accountability for not producing.

If the highest paid player has mailed it in, and isn't being held accountable, the team will implode. As fans... we're watching it happen before our eyes.

Kelsay's interview was beyond telling.

if I were the Bills, I'd cut him now and file legal papers to recollect his sign-on bonus.

what kind of ****ing fa@@ot DE can't produce because of a sprained wrist?

Mario needs to be run out of town... TODAY!

Skooby
10-24-2012, 07:27 AM
Did this need it's own thread?

- Bills don't report said wrist injury and subsequently get fined $20,000 for not reporting.

- When Gailey is asked about it, he deflects ALL questions directly back to Mario. Very weird.

- oh... And Mario sucks.

Here's my take... The highest paid defensive player in the history of the league is either completely faking or exhagerating this injury to deflect criticism or to avoid accountability for not producing.

If the highest paid player has mailed it in, and isn't being held accountable, the team will implode. As fans... we're watching it happen before our eyes.

if I were the Bills, I'd cut him now and file legal papers to recollect his sign-on bonus.

EricStratton
10-24-2012, 07:30 AM

Did you really just ask that question?

Luisito23
10-24-2012, 09:31 AM
if I were the Bills, I'd cut him now and file legal papers to recollect his sign-on bonus.!

I would be down with that in a second...Unfortunately, it will never happen.

Also, LOL at the worst poster here criticizing someone else about their thread.

Albany,n.y.
10-24-2012, 09:37 AM

- oh... And Mario sucks.

The guy who needs to be run out of town is the one responsible for not letting a player underachieve-CHAN GAILEY!

Jaydog57
10-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Reading this thread reminds me of Albert Haynesworth a little bit. :peace:

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2012, 10:10 AM
This organization's decision-making structure and membership is so dysfunctional that no matter what it does it blows up in their faces.

This is just another example in a long list of examples.

We really need to move on with a new owner.

Fletch
10-24-2012, 10:38 AM

So how do you really feel? ... LOL

bf1
10-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Bumbling Buddy Nix strikes again.

coastal
10-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Yes.

Now blow me.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-24-2012, 11:38 AM

- oh... And Mario sucks.

You were right, many of us were wrong.

ServoBillieves
10-24-2012, 11:41 AM
I usually get annoyed by coastal's posts... but I agree.

I can harp on Wanny and his unbelievably awful play calling, not sending any secondary on blitzes or even a linebacker... but when you pay someone $100M, they should be able to produce, regardless of neglected help. Kyle Williams deserves his money, Dareus sucks out loud this year aside from pushing the pocket, and Chris Kelsay is out performing Mario. That about sums it up.

We all would love to see Wanny send Arthur/Nigel/Nick/Kelvin/who the **** ever on a blitz so maybe the double teams going against Kyle and Mario would open up some devastation. But... alas, it's the bend don't break defe... OH WAIT, it's the bend AND break defense. I want Wannstedt the **** out of Buffalo NOW.

Joe Fo Sho
10-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Yes.

Now blow me.

What are you, 15 years old?

BertSquirtgum
10-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Chan Gailey and Dave Wannstedt are the ones ruining this team.

coastal
10-24-2012, 07:40 PM
What are you, 15 years old?
I'm 40 and smarter than you.

coastal
10-24-2012, 07:41 PM
You were right, many of us were wrong.
Dare I say genius?

i dare. I dare.

coastal
10-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Ok... The players have no clue whats going on with him and why he wasnt at practice?

this has reached Bizarro world.

look... I'm a licensed physical therapist and have been for 16+ years.

What orthopedic surgery requires 1 week before you can return to full contact professional sports?

let me answer for everyone...

NONE!

the Bills are on the precipice of a major PR fiasco.

If I were providing them counsel in this situation, I'd tell them to bite bullet and become the aggressor in this situation.

in doing so, they'll earn the respect of the the players and the fans and perhaps... Just perhaps... Right this ship.

translation... Cut Mario and to after his sign-on bonus in court.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-24-2012, 08:32 PM
If I were providing them counsel in this situation, I'd tell them to bite bullet and become the aggressor in this situation.

in doing so, they'll earn the respect of the the players and the fans and perhaps... Just perhaps... Right this ship.

translation... Cut Mario and to after his sign-on bonus in court.

Let's dial it back a bit. I won't deny that would be satisfying emotionally, but no player or coach in his right mind would ever sign here again.

Here's whats going to happen. Either Mario improves his individual play dramatically or this defense will continue to flounder. We'll drop several winnable games and Wannestadt, Gailey, and possibly even Nix will all be shown the door. Mario will be here another year with our new coach who will either A) try to trade him with much of his guaranteed money already paid or B) give him a year to show something before he gets cut in February 2014.

SpikedLemonade
10-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Let's dial it back a bit. I won't deny that would be satisfying emotionally, but no player or coach in his right mind would ever sign here again.

Here's whats going to happen. Either Mario improves his individual play dramatically or this defense will continue to flounder. We'll drop several winnable games and Wannestadt, Gailey, and possibly even Nix will all be shown the door. Mario will be here another year with our new coach who will either A) try to trade him with much of his guaranteed money already paid or B) give him a year to show something before he gets cut in February 2014.

Yup.

NOT that Ralph has long to go, but he can certainly point to this as an excuse why big money should not be spent on FAs.

Joe Fo Sho
10-24-2012, 08:46 PM
I'm 40 and smarter than you.

Haha. Jesus your life must be awful...just awful.

coastal
10-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Haha. Jesus your life must be awful...just awful.
Derp... Derp.

Joe Fo Sho
10-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Derp... Derp.

The wise words of a 40 year old.

BillsWin
10-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Every Bills fan is calling for Mario's head is the same Bills fan who were so excited when we signed him. It's his first year with the team and the season isn't even over yet. I'm still willing to give him time.

coastal
10-25-2012, 06:05 AM
Not every Bills fan.

User Manuel
10-25-2012, 09:39 AM
I think Kelsay was referring to Dareus...just a hunch.

SABURZFAN
10-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Every Bills fan is calling for Mario's head is the same Bills fan who were so excited when we signed him.

not true.

kishoph
10-27-2012, 03:46 AM
Every Bills fan is calling for Mario's head is the same Bills fan who were so excited when we signed him. It's his first year with the team and the season isn't even over yet. I'm still willing to give him time.

I'm willing to give him time, but I believe that he is affecting the team in a negative way right now. People want to dismiss a wrist injury being anything significant, but a D Lineman is continuously battling with his hands. Aside from the injury, there is the question of effort, there's no doubt that Williams is not giving 100%, but what is the reason ? I have to think that there are teammates that are not happy about the effort that Williams is putting in, especially for the amount of money that he is receiving. On top of that we have Gailey contradicting what Kelsay said, by saying that players are playing hard and also claiming that Williams is being doubled team most of the time (not even close). Gailey has to start holding players accountable for poor play. Whatever the problem with Williams is, I think it can be fixed, whether it's effort, injury or both. Williams has shown in the past that her can be a force, I just hope he can get past whatever is going on and start producing.

coastal
10-27-2012, 09:15 AM
I have to think that there are teammates that are not happy about the effort that Williams is putting in, especially for the amount of money that he is receiving.that is the risk with signing someone to the richest defensive contract in history of the league. If the guy doesn't come in and ball, it's going to go south in a hurry. He was hinting at the signing he wasn't here to be a leader.

how could they not evaluate this?

This more than anything tells me it was a marketing decision more than a football decision.

On top of that we have Gailey contradicting what Kelsay said, by saying that players are playing hard and also claiming that Williams is being doubled team most of the time (not even close).i didn't see this Gailey quote. Would love to though... Link?

Beebe's Kid
10-27-2012, 08:15 PM

It is kind of nice to see that somebody feels like this. People couldn't sleep, were checking Twitter all night...were trying to track airplanes and all of the usual ****. Most fans were ready to give Nix the key to the city, and he was praised around the league. The Bills got national press, and it was positive...people hung on every word.

Now people want to sue him for his signing bonus and start Kelsay...who many of which have been unfairly pissing and moaning about for years.

The only thing that would be a mistake on this deal would be if it was done to placate the fan base. It was a well intentioned move, and we really have no idea how this is going to pan out...there is a long way to go in this season, and in the contract. At least it gives people a punching bag for a while.

feldspar
10-28-2012, 01:50 AM
LOL.

Mario isn't destroying this team. Coastal is using him as a scapegoat.

Mario has not been doing a good job, and his contract is ridiculous, but this is not causing the entire team to implode. That's an incredibly narrow-minded theory based on prejudice. Mario is a defensive end.

Yeah, one guy is destroying what was previously a great team. This just in: we sucked before Mario got here too.

This thread is based on absolutely nothing at all besides the contract Mario got. Lots of guys have played poorly.

feldspar
10-28-2012, 02:04 AM
that is the risk with signing someone to the richest defensive contract in history of the league. If the guy doesn't come in and ball, it's going to go south in a hurry.

Mario's deal is excessive (to say the least), but it isn't all that bad in the long run...not as bad as most people think, anyway.

essentially, "it’s a two-year, $40 million contract with a team-held option on the final four years. More accurately, it’s a two-year contract with a one-year-at-a-time decision by the team as to whether it continues."

Read this, and put your tampon back in:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/17/breaking-down-the-mario-williams-deal/

We are obligated to pay Mario $100 million about as much as we are obligated to pay Fitzpatrick $60. Neither of those guys need to see anywhere near that money. If you ask me, the Fitzpatrick contract was even dumber than the Mario one. Fitzy's contract didn't make a lick of sense to me at the time. The market pretty much established Mario's money, more or less...nobody was going to get that guy without overpaying...NOBODY.

We'll see Mario until the end of next year at least. It's only been 7 games, and he's had a couple of decent ones. Wait 'till the end of the year...if things don't change, my vagina may just start bleeding right along with yours.

If you want to blame one person for the defensive woes, blame Wanny...although one person is not to blame.

kishoph
10-28-2012, 02:57 AM
I heard a interview with John McClain of the Houston Chronicle (has covered the NFL for over 30 years) yesterday on Sports Talk Saturday with Coach Sal and McClain had a few interesting things to say, one thing he talked about is the Bills playing Williams on the wrong side, he said that Williams, other than 5 games in Houston played the weak side, he also said that if Williams is complaining about an injury, he must be hurt. He also talked about the passion or lack of from Williams. Listening to the interview it seems like the case is the Bills mishandling a player (that's a first), more so than that player underachieving. I went into the season as a fan of Chan, but that is quickly changing with the way Gailey is handling this team.

Here's the link for the interview from STS. http://audio.wgr550.com/a/65432106/10-28-houston-chronicle-reporter-john-mcclain-talks-mario-williams.htm?pageid=1097889

coastal
10-28-2012, 12:28 PM
In reality the deal isn't that excessive... he's playing on the wrong side... if only the coaches handled him differently!?

hey mouth breathers...

hes had one maybe two decent games out seven all while being single teamed most of the time, one of which was against the worst OT in the league.

now he's got this Scooby Doo wrist injury to bail him and the organization out.

I warned u idiots before there was even a rumor about us bringing him in... And I'm telling you now.

fools gold.

bank on it.

SquishDaFish
10-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Your a fools poster. Go to your Niners board you bandwagon ****

coastal
10-28-2012, 04:30 PM
Your a fools poster. Go to your Niners board you bandwagon ****
fools poster who happens to be right.

in the words of Obiwon... "Who is more foolish - the fool or the fool who follows him?"

SquishDaFish
10-28-2012, 04:36 PM
Trust me noone is following you. You are banned on a certain board for a reason and now you need to leave on your own to the Niners board.

coastal
10-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Trust me noone is following you.
Puhlease... maybe if you pm some people behind the scenes to ignore me this might gain traction.

until then... I'm enjoying making u (and some select others) my proverbial beyotches!

SquishDaFish
10-28-2012, 05:02 PM
:roflmao: Dream on little girl

coastal
10-28-2012, 05:15 PM
:roflmao: Dream on little girl

BertSquirtgum
10-28-2012, 05:36 PM
40 year olds do not act like 12 year olds, unless one is mentally handicapped. They also don't make up a duplicate account and pretend it's their wife. So terribly pathetic.

Joe Fo Sho
10-28-2012, 06:02 PM
40 year olds do not act like 12 year olds, unless one is mentally handicapped. They also don't make up a duplicate account and pretend it's their wife. So terribly pathetic.

I know, right? It's not sad at all.

coastal
10-28-2012, 06:32 PM
U all jelly...

Joe Fo Sho
10-28-2012, 06:40 PM
U all jelly...

Let's see if I can put this into the mature 40 year old slang that you seem to understand...

You are totes lame, like with your whole, like, made up baby mama and stuff. But ya know, #YOLO bro. Keep doing you, and be about it.

But I don't recommend taking to the bleach, like some of your kind has been doing lately.

coastal
10-28-2012, 07:11 PM
So my blabbering beau.. How many tackles will Super Mario betroth upon us when we meet up again with his ex-mates?

Joe Fo Sho
10-28-2012, 07:26 PM
So my blabbering beau.. How many tackles will Super Mario betroth upon us when we meet up again with his ex-mates?

OMG, he's totes gonna be, like SO GOOD! LOL #HASHTAG

coastal
10-28-2012, 07:57 PM
So u bring nothing to the table except the illusion of substance.

go Mario fo show!

Joe Fo Sho
10-28-2012, 09:23 PM
So u bring nothing to the table except the illusion of substance.

go Mario fo show!

What's my opinion of Mario?

I just come to point out how much of a troll you are.

feldspar
10-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Coastal "owns" us by acting like an ass.

swiper
10-29-2012, 05:06 AM

This.

coastal
10-29-2012, 06:37 AM
I just come to point out how much of a troll you are.you're on a mission from God.

Joe Fo Sho
10-29-2012, 09:44 AM
you're on a mission from God.

Who's that?

coastal
10-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Who's that?
In your universe apparently it's a black man with a limp wrist.

Lolz.

Joe Fo Sho
10-30-2012, 02:30 PM

Lolz.

Real original, when you can't think of anything to say just go to the 'gay' card. It's what all the 40 year olds are doing these days.

SquishDaFish
10-30-2012, 03:23 PM

Lolz.

Bro you def have some gay issues. Why not just come out of the closet already?? Noone here believes that other account is really your G/F or Wife. You make it soo obvious

coastal
10-30-2012, 07:07 PM
PM Dr. Lecter if you insist on proving yourself wrong about my wife and her account.

gr8slayer
10-30-2012, 07:10 PM
The truth hurts. Hopefully there's some legitimacy to the wrist injury.

- oh... And Mario sucks.

coastal
10-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Gr8!

hope u r well dude.

And yes... Hope there is some legitimacy to it, but at least IMO something isn't adding up.

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Coastal is destroying this message board!

coastal
10-30-2012, 07:32 PM
Coastal is destroying this message board!
With what?

intelligent analysis?

k.

gr8slayer
10-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Gr8!

hope u r well dude.

And yes... Hope there is some legitimacy to it, but at least IMO something isn't adding up.

Doing well, my friend. I'm honestly willing to give Williams the benefit of the doubt for now. During his tenure in Houston, the guy was an amazing team player, a great community guy, everything you could ask for in a player. While I completely understand where you're coming from, I really find it hard to believe that his ineffectiveness has anything to do with his desire, or ability. I will admit that it seems a little convenient that the wrist injury is made public, right around the time the public starts to question his effectiveness, but nothing surprises me with the NFL anymore. I think that the defense as a whole is full of underachievers, and Williams just stands out more due to the contract he received.

Whatever the issue actually is with Williams, this season has just been one big disappointment. I certainly did not look upon the Bills as a playoff team, but I didn't envision them being a pushover team either. At the end of the day, there's one constant through the decades of mediocrity. Blame the coaches, blame the players, blame Mario Williams, but there's one constant through all of it. Until that changes, I'll keep being disappointed with my Bills.