PDA

View Full Version : So, what happened to all the trade talks?

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I thought there were lots of "trade talks" per "inside sources", involving a "starting caliber QB" and Dwayne Bowe, and don't we "question" their "credibility" regarding their "inside info".....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The King
10-25-2012, 09:12 AM
A trade would make zero sense.

OpIv37
10-25-2012, 09:12 AM
It was a combination of bye-week conjecture and wishful thinking that this season could still be saved.

The reality is that it's generally not how things are done in the NFL and definitely not how things are done in this franchise. We're playing a game of "Chicken" with mediocrity and Ralph never flinches first, even when he knows that head-on collision is coming.

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2012, 09:24 AM
I hated those "Suck for Luck" idiots last season. Never understood how anyone would want to tank the season for a draft pick.

But now I've finally had it with the Bills. So many years of having crappy quarterbacking and there's no end in sight.

So yes I'm becoming one of those idiots I couldn't stand before.

Barf for Barkley!

Bill Cody
10-25-2012, 09:54 AM

Barf for Barkley!

I think Barfley is another soft USC QB. No.

OpIv37
10-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Please. Not Barkley. Just say no to USC trash.

Mr. Miyagi
10-25-2012, 09:57 AM
I think Barfley is another soft USC QB. No.
Is he more Matt Leinhart or Carson Palmer?

- - - Updated - - -

Please. Not Barkley. Just say no to USC trash.
Then who? Geno Smith? Isn't he another Vince Young Mike Vick type? Those "atheletic" QBs never pan out. They make a big splash in the first couple years then fade out. Vick, Young, Newton. RGIII will follow that footstep.

OpIv37
10-25-2012, 10:20 AM
Unfortunately I don't think there's a Luck, RGIII or even a Newton in this draft. There are a few guys like Barkley who have potential and could go either way, but this just doesn't look like it's going to be a strong draft for QB's.

This, of course, gives Ralph his perfect excuse to draft the next Trent Edwards in the 3rd or 4th round to "address" the QB situation. And in turn, this will, of course, lead to the typical BZ "use the exception to prove the rule" posts of "Well Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round and he's one of the best ever!"

God, this team and everything associated with it has become disgustingly predictable.

trapezeus
10-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Unfortunately I don't think there's a Luck, RGIII or even a Newton in this draft. There are a few guys like Barkley who have potential and could go either way, but this just doesn't look like it's going to be a strong draft for QB's.

This, of course, gives Ralph his perfect excuse to draft the next Trent Edwards in the 3rd or 4th round to "address" the QB situation. And in turn, this will, of course, lead to the typical BZ "use the exception to prove the rule" posts of "Well Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round and he's one of the best ever!"

God, this team and everything associated with it has become disgustingly predictable.

i agree with the assessment that there are no QB's worth the number 1 pick thus far. which means we'll finally tank. You probably don't want to know that this is a deep year in CB's...and wait for it...he's pretty good at returning kicks! And if we can't get that guy, let's look at an undersized line backer with a heart of gold. and if he isn't available, running back....i mean freddie is in his 30's.

i still stand by the idea that if we have the same idiots picking players next draft, they must, by law, pick all QB's and LB's. That's it. and we must take 3 QB's at a bare minimum.

then the odds of getting lb's and QB's will increase...mildly.

jdaltroy5
10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
So you mean incarcerated bob was WRONG?

No way.

Any thread that his name in it as a source should automatically be moved to the spam folder.

Mike
10-25-2012, 01:44 PM
I hated those "Suck for Luck" idiots last season. Never understood how anyone would want to tank the season for a draft pick.

But now I've finally had it with the Bills. So many years of having crappy quarterbacking and there's no end in sight.

Barf for Barkley!

I dont get your end of it. ****, I ve been saying it for years, I even had a over view of IT... But some of you pansies will never get it. Your so intent on sucking one last win in a meaningless season that you dont see the BIG Picture... and its the Big Picture that determines your future and destiny....

So Here is the BIG Picture
Every Generation has a few elite QBs. These QBs go on to Dominate, really dominate Take the Best 5 right now: Brady (5) P. Manning (2) E. Manning (2) Brees (1) Rogers (1) Rothlisburger (3). In the last Decade these 5 Players have had 14 Superbowl appearances!!! Thats 14 appearances out of a possible 20. Now who else showed up to the Big Dance: Warner, Haselback, Gannon, McNabb, Delhome, Johnson. So what is the Moral of the Story? Top 5 QBs DOMINATED!!! and a Pro Bowl QB is needed to have a chance. Furhter, if you want to win more than one SB, you better have a HOF Top 5 Type QB or it aint happening...

Current Generation
Brady, Manning, Brees, etc.. the old generation is getting old.. they will need to pass on the torch As the Marino, Elway, Kelly, Aikman era bleed into this era, so will this era bleed into the next one...

Currently there is a passing of the torch In the last couple a years a few good prospects have come out and showed they belong: Cam, Bradford, Luck, RG3, Tennehill, Ponder, Dalton, etc.... These players have a chance to become the top QBs of the new generation.

WHy It Was Critical to Get One of the above QBs

Once a generational QB is missed usually it will take at least another 15 years to find another similar prospect, if your are lucky. Last year was a great chance as too of the Best QB prospects of all time were available. Luck was the most highly touted QB to be drafted since Elway and RG3 beat him out that season as best college football player.

NOT LANDING A GENERATION QB MEANS YOUR TEAM WILL BE AT BEST GOOD -BUT NOT GREAT- FOR NEXT 15 YEARS. GOOD TEAMS DONT WIN SB.

* Once the Top Crust of Top NFL QB is determined in a generation it it very difficult to break through that barrier. Its akin to taking down Microsoft or IBM in their heyday or Apple now. These HOF QBs play on such a high lavel, that breaking though that barrier is nearly impossible, just ask Cutler, Vick, Romo, McNabb, etc....

***MIssing out on your chance at a LUCK or RG3 Prospect for a few extra measly wins is incredibly nieve. Your are selling your Future for a meaningless win or two. You are selling the Big Picture for a meaningless win and you are ensuring your own mediocrity for the next generation***

Joe Fo Sho
10-25-2012, 01:51 PM
I dont get your end of it. ****, I ve been saying it for years, I even had a over view of IT... But some of you pansies will never get it. Your so intent on sucking one last win in a meaningless season that you dont see the BIG Picture... and its the Big Picture that determines your future and destiny....

Every Generation has a few elite QBs. These QBs go on to Dominate, really dominate Take the Best 5 right now: Brady (5) P. Manning (2) E. Manning (2) Brees (1) Rogers (1) Rothlisburger (3). In the last Decade these 5 Players have had 14 Superbowl appearances!!! Thats 14 appearances out of a possible 20. Now who else showed up to the Big Dance: Warner, Haselback, Gannon, McNabb, Delhome, Johnson. So what is the Moral of the Story? Top 5 QBs DOMINATED!!! and a Pro Bowl QB is needed to have a chance. Furhter, if you want to win more than one SB, you better have a HOF Top 5 Type QB or it aint happening...

Current Generation
Brady, Manning, Brees, etc.. the old generation is getting old.. they will need to pass on the torch As the Marino, Elway, Kelly, Aikman era bleed into this era, so will this era bleed into the next one...

Currently there is a passing of the torch In the last couple a years a few good prospects have come out and showed they belong: Cam, Bradford, Luck, RG3, Tennehill, Ponder, Dalton, etc.... These players have a chance to become the top QBs of the new generation.

Once a generational QB is missed usually it will take at least another 15 years to find another similar prospect, if your are lucky. Last year was a great chance as too of the Best QB prospects of all time were available. Luck was the most highly touted QB to be drafted since Elway and RG3 beat him out that season as best college football player.

NOT LANDING A GENERATION QB MEANS YOUR TEAM WILL BE AT BEST GOOD -BUT NOT GREAT- FOR NEXT 15 YEARS. GOOD TEAMS DONT WIN SB.

* Once the Top Crust of Top NFL QB is determined in a generation it it very difficult to break through that barrier. Its akin to taking down Microsoft or IBM in their heyday or Apple now. These HOF QBs play on such a high lavel, that breaking though that barrier is nearly impossible, just ask Cutler, Vick, Romo, McNabb, etc....

***MIssing out on your chance at a LUCK or RG3 Prospect for a few extra measly wins is incredibly nieve. Your are selling your Future for a meaningless win or two. You are selling the Big Picture for a meaningless win and you are ensuring your own mediocrity for the next generation***

If you think that tanking a season is something that people actually do, you don't understand how things work.

Do you really think the Colts tanked the season last year? If so, please tell me who was in charge of the tanking.

Mike
10-25-2012, 01:51 PM

Even when this team is ready to suck, there are no great prospects. They could not have done better if they designed it! The Bills missed their chance at a great QB at least for now...

Night Train
10-25-2012, 02:07 PM
The only people talking about it were here.

Shocking...:rolleyes:

Mike
10-25-2012, 02:33 PM
If you think that tanking a season is something that people actually do, you don't understand how things work.

Do you really think the Colts tanked the season last year? If so, please tell me who was in charge of the tanking.

Of course it is.

That EXACTLY why the NBA has a draft Lottery...
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1208298-why-the-nba-draft-lottery-needs-to-be-abolished

Here is an Article about 10 TEAMS tanking their seasons:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1127580-10-nba-teams-that-are-purposely-tanking

Why NFL Should have Draft Lottery

Here is what a current NFL GM said about Draft Lottery & How loses are Manipulated:

An NFL general manager told the Daily News that he would “absolutely” endorse a draft lottery “to make sure there is no manipulation, to keep everybody on a level playing field,” he said. “Nobody goes out and plays to deliberately lose, but they may not do things that help them win. Like bringing in a better player.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/nfl-draft-lottery-avoid-teams-tanking-stanford-qb-andrew-luck-article-1.968695#ixzz2ALDhzRAV

By the Way this article above talks about the Colts!!! Ha.
It was my guess all along, I did not know others shared it.

**** Manipulation! Thats how its DONE

OpIv37
10-25-2012, 02:35 PM

Current Generation

I can't agree with this. No prospect coming out of college is 100%. Not Luck, not Newton, Not RGIII, not any of the guys you mentioned. AND, even if you do intentionally tank for the big picture, there is no guarantee that you will get a shot to draft the guy you want. NO ONE is going to tank an entire season. It's going to have to happen after the team is already out of it. We started last season at 5-2. By week 7, we already had too many wins to get Luck or RGIII.

You're talking about pissing away wins so we MIGHT have a chance to draft a guy who MIGHT be a franchise QB. That just doesn't make sense.

OLDSRIP
10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
I can't agree with this. No prospect coming out of college is 100%. Not Luck, not Newton, Not RGIII, not any of the guys you mentioned. AND, even if you do intentionally tank for the big picture, there is no guarantee that you will get a shot to draft the guy you want. NO ONE is going to tank an entire season. It's going to have to happen after the team is already out of it. We started last season at 5-2. By week 7, we already had too many wins to get Luck or RGIII.

You're talking about pissing away wins so we MIGHT have a chance to draft a guy who MIGHT be a franchise QB. That just doesn't make sense.

I agree opiv. No team is going into weeks 1 and 2 saying, we better lose now so we get a high draft choice.
On the other hand. I can see teams not trying real hard the final few weeks when they know the season is shot. I can definitely see some logic there.

OpIv37
10-25-2012, 02:59 PM
I agree opiv. No team is going into weeks 1 and 2 saying, we better lose now so we get a high draft choice.
On the other hand. I can see teams not trying real hard the final few weeks when they know the season is shot. I can definitely see some logic there.

I can agree with that, but at the same time, at that point it was already too late for us to get Luck or Griffin.

Mike
10-25-2012, 03:06 PM
I can agree with that, but at the same time, at that point it was already too late for us to get Luck or Griffin.

Last season was interesting because the Bills won early. Tanking happens usually when a team is already out of it. There I agree. ITs easy for a bad team to tank a season, to let it really go. Its just kind of funny that the one year the Bills are good early, the one untankable season the best two prospects are available.

The season before though, the Bills started 0-8 with a first year head coach and a poor team. They fought to get to 4 wins and eliminated any chance of getting the top pick and phonom Cam Newton. Now as good a year as Cam had last year he is no lock to be a great player and neither is Darius. All of this being said, if all 32 GMs, all coaches, and talent scouts are now asked, I think all of them would prefer Cam over Darius and I think thats worth 2 meaningless wins.

-Draft Picks are never a guarantee so if MD has as much chance to go bust as Cam then I would prefer Cam simply because of the upside. 2 meaningless wins are just that, meaningless.

cookie G
10-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Then who? Geno Smith? Isn't he another Vince Young Mike Vick type? Those "atheletic" QBs never pan out. They make a big splash in the first couple years then fade out. Vick, Young, Newton. RGIII will follow that footstep.

He's nothing like any of them.

If there is a QB to compare him to, it would probably be Sam Bradford.