So, what happened to all the trade talks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

So, what happened to all the trade talks?

I thought there were lots of "trade talks" per "inside sources", involving a "starting caliber QB" and Dwayne Bowe, and don't we "question" their "credibility" regarding their "inside info".....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: So, what happened to all the trade talks?

A trade would make zero sense.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

It was a combination of bye-week conjecture and wishful thinking that this season could still be saved.

The reality is that it's generally not how things are done in the NFL and definitely not how things are done in this franchise. We're playing a game of "Chicken" with mediocrity and Ralph never flinches first, even when he knows that head-on collision is coming.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I hated those "Suck for Luck" idiots last season. Never understood how anyone would want to tank the season for a draft pick.

But now I've finally had it with the Bills. So many years of having crappy quarterbacking and there's no end in sight.

So yes I'm becoming one of those idiots I couldn't stand before.

Barf for Barkley!

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post

Barf for Barkley!
          I think Barfley is another soft USC QB. No.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Please. Not Barkley. Just say no to USC trash.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph View Post
              I think Barfley is another soft USC QB. No.
              Is he more Matt Leinhart or Carson Palmer?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              Please. Not Barkley. Just say no to USC trash.
              Then who? Geno Smith? Isn't he another Vince Young Mike Vick type? Those "atheletic" QBs never pan out. They make a big splash in the first couple years then fade out. Vick, Young, Newton. RGIII will follow that footstep.
              Last edited by Mr. Miyagi; 10-25-2012, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Unfortunately I don't think there's a Luck, RGIII or even a Newton in this draft. There are a few guys like Barkley who have potential and could go either way, but this just doesn't look like it's going to be a strong draft for QB's.

This, of course, gives Ralph his perfect excuse to draft the next Trent Edwards in the 3rd or 4th round to "address" the QB situation. And in turn, this will, of course, lead to the typical BZ "use the exception to prove the rule" posts of "Well Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round and he's one of the best ever!"

God, this team and everything associated with it has become disgustingly predictable.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

Unfortunately I don't think there's a Luck, RGIII or even a Newton in this draft. There are a few guys like Barkley who have potential and could go either way, but this just doesn't look like it's going to be a strong draft for QB's.

This, of course, gives Ralph his perfect excuse to draft the next Trent Edwards in the 3rd or 4th round to "address" the QB situation. And in turn, this will, of course, lead to the typical BZ "use the exception to prove the rule" posts of "Well Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round and he's one of the best ever!"

God, this team and everything associated with it has become disgustingly predictable.

i agree with the assessment that there are no QB's worth the number 1 pick thus far. which means we'll finally tank. You probably don't want to know that this is a deep year in CB's...and wait for it...he's pretty good at returning kicks! And if we can't get that guy, let's look at an undersized line backer with a heart of gold. and if he isn't available, running back....i mean freddie is in his 30's.

i still stand by the idea that if we have the same idiots picking players next draft, they must, by law, pick all QB's and LB's. That's it. and we must take 3 QB's at a bare minimum.

then the odds of getting lb's and QB's will increase...mildly.

Comment

• jdaltroy5
                    • Aug 2012

So you mean incarcerated bob was WRONG?

No way.

Any thread that his name in it as a source should automatically be moved to the spam folder.

Comment

• Mike
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                      I hated those "Suck for Luck" idiots last season. Never understood how anyone would want to tank the season for a draft pick.

But now I've finally had it with the Bills. So many years of having crappy quarterbacking and there's no end in sight.

Barf for Barkley!

I dont get your end of it. ****, I ve been saying it for years, I even had a over view of IT... But some of you pansies will never get it. Your so intent on sucking one last win in a meaningless season that you dont see the BIG Picture... and its the Big Picture that determines your future and destiny....

So Here is the BIG Picture
                      Every Generation has a few elite QBs. These QBs go on to Dominate, really dominate Take the Best 5 right now: Brady (5) P. Manning (2) E. Manning (2) Brees (1) Rogers (1) Rothlisburger (3). In the last Decade these 5 Players have had 14 Superbowl appearances!!! Thats 14 appearances out of a possible 20. Now who else showed up to the Big Dance: Warner, Haselback, Gannon, McNabb, Delhome, Johnson. So what is the Moral of the Story? Top 5 QBs DOMINATED!!! and a Pro Bowl QB is needed to have a chance. Furhter, if you want to win more than one SB, you better have a HOF Top 5 Type QB or it aint happening...

Current Generation
                      Brady, Manning, Brees, etc.. the old generation is getting old.. they will need to pass on the torch As the Marino, Elway, Kelly, Aikman era bleed into this era, so will this era bleed into the next one...

Currently there is a passing of the torch In the last couple a years a few good prospects have come out and showed they belong: Cam, Bradford, Luck, RG3, Tennehill, Ponder, Dalton, etc.... These players have a chance to become the top QBs of the new generation.

WHy It Was Critical to Get One of the above QBs

Once a generational QB is missed usually it will take at least another 15 years to find another similar prospect, if your are lucky. Last year was a great chance as too of the Best QB prospects of all time were available. Luck was the most highly touted QB to be drafted since Elway and RG3 beat him out that season as best college football player.

NOT LANDING A GENERATION QB MEANS YOUR TEAM WILL BE AT BEST GOOD -BUT NOT GREAT- FOR NEXT 15 YEARS. GOOD TEAMS DONT WIN SB.

* Once the Top Crust of Top NFL QB is determined in a generation it it very difficult to break through that barrier. Its akin to taking down Microsoft or IBM in their heyday or Apple now. These HOF QBs play on such a high lavel, that breaking though that barrier is nearly impossible, just ask Cutler, Vick, Romo, McNabb, etc....

***MIssing out on your chance at a LUCK or RG3 Prospect for a few extra measly wins is incredibly nieve. Your are selling your Future for a meaningless win or two. You are selling the Big Picture for a meaningless win and you are ensuring your own mediocrity for the next generation***
                      Last edited by Mike; 10-25-2012, 01:47 PM.
                      Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                        • Jan 2009

Even when this team is ready to suck, there are no great prospects. They could not have done better if they designed it! The Bills missed their chance at a great QB at least for now...
                        Please Make Sense

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                          Making Spirits Bright
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          I dont get your end of it. ****, I ve been saying it for years, I even had a over view of IT... But some of you pansies will never get it. Your so intent on sucking one last win in a meaningless season that you dont see the BIG Picture... and its the Big Picture that determines your future and destiny....

So Here is the BIG Picture
                          Every Generation has a few elite QBs. These QBs go on to Dominate, really dominate Take the Best 5 right now: Brady (5) P. Manning (2) E. Manning (2) Brees (1) Rogers (1) Rothlisburger (3). In the last Decade these 5 Players have had 14 Superbowl appearances!!! Thats 14 appearances out of a possible 20. Now who else showed up to the Big Dance: Warner, Haselback, Gannon, McNabb, Delhome, Johnson. So what is the Moral of the Story? Top 5 QBs DOMINATED!!! and a Pro Bowl QB is needed to have a chance. Furhter, if you want to win more than one SB, you better have a HOF Top 5 Type QB or it aint happening...

Current Generation
                          Brady, Manning, Brees, etc.. the old generation is getting old.. they will need to pass on the torch As the Marino, Elway, Kelly, Aikman era bleed into this era, so will this era bleed into the next one...

Currently there is a passing of the torch In the last couple a years a few good prospects have come out and showed they belong: Cam, Bradford, Luck, RG3, Tennehill, Ponder, Dalton, etc.... These players have a chance to become the top QBs of the new generation.

WHy It Was Critical to Get One of the above QBs

Once a generational QB is missed usually it will take at least another 15 years to find another similar prospect, if your are lucky. Last year was a great chance as too of the Best QB prospects of all time were available. Luck was the most highly touted QB to be drafted since Elway and RG3 beat him out that season as best college football player.

NOT LANDING A GENERATION QB MEANS YOUR TEAM WILL BE AT BEST GOOD -BUT NOT GREAT- FOR NEXT 15 YEARS. GOOD TEAMS DONT WIN SB.

* Once the Top Crust of Top NFL QB is determined in a generation it it very difficult to break through that barrier. Its akin to taking down Microsoft or IBM in their heyday or Apple now. These HOF QBs play on such a high lavel, that breaking though that barrier is nearly impossible, just ask Cutler, Vick, Romo, McNabb, etc....

***MIssing out on your chance at a LUCK or RG3 Prospect for a few extra measly wins is incredibly nieve. Your are selling your Future for a meaningless win or two. You are selling the Big Picture for a meaningless win and you are ensuring your own mediocrity for the next generation***
                          If you think that tanking a season is something that people actually do, you don't understand how things work.

Do you really think the Colts tanked the season last year? If so, please tell me who was in charge of the tanking.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

The only people talking about it were here.

Shocking...
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mike
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Joe Fo Sho View Post
                              If you think that tanking a season is something that people actually do, you don't understand how things work.

Do you really think the Colts tanked the season last year? If so, please tell me who was in charge of the tanking.
                              Of course it is.

That EXACTLY why the NBA has a draft Lottery...
                              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...o-be-abolished

Here is an Article about 10 TEAMS tanking their seasons:
                              http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...posely-tanking

Why NFL Should have Draft Lottery

Here is what a current NFL GM said about Draft Lottery & How loses are Manipulated:

An NFL general manager told the Daily News that he would “absolutely” endorse a draft lottery “to make sure there is no manipulation, to keep everybody on a level playing field,” he said. “Nobody goes out and plays to deliberately lose, but they may not do things that help them win. Like bringing in a better player.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2ALDhzRAV

By the Way this article above talks about the Colts!!! Ha.
                              It was my guess all along, I did not know others shared it.

**** Manipulation! Thats how its DONE
                              Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                              X