PDA

View Full Version : J. Peppers vs M. Williams

Mike
10-25-2012, 01:12 PM
The last time a major DE was signed via FA, it was J. Peppers by the Bears for a 6 year $84M contract. But 7 games don't define a signing. In his first 7 games, Peppers had 2 sacks and 16 tackles. Numbers that sound reminiscent of William's 3.5 tackles and 16 sacks. Initially, many in Chicago questioned the move, currently no one in Chicago questions the move. So what is the moral of the story? Seven games do not a signing define.

Mario can now go in the direction of Peppers or the direction of Haynesworth. Both options are in front of him! However, I dont think he will go in either direction. He won't be a total bust or an all pro player, he will revert to who he is: a good DE that is slightly better than Schobel but not an all star DE. His stock is way down right now, and the law of average show us that usually things are never as good as they seem or as bad as they seem. Expect Mario to be who he is.... above average DE...

Mahdi
10-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Fair enough.

BTW you flipped sacks and tackles. One other thing is that I think Peppers although had modest numbers was active in disrupting the pocket. Mario has just not shown up.

That being said his injury is clearly the reason and I expect him to pick things up significantly.

Mike
10-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Sacks and tackles are poor determinant of things and I did not watch those Bears games so I can not comment on how effective Peppers was at disrupting the pocket.

BillsFever21
10-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Peppers was a much better player over his career then Williams was before the signing. In 6 of his 8 years before the contract he had 10.5 sacks or more. He also wasn't showing signs of being injury prone at any point in his career let alone the couple seasons leading up to the contract. After is rookie season Peppers only missed 2 games in 7 years. Williams was injured towards the end of the 2010 season and after six games into the 2011 season.

Williams was never close to being the player that Peppers was before the contract let alone with the injury issues leading into the contract. Williams was a steady player but was never a consistent dominant force and freak of nature like Peppers was throughout his career. Williams wasn't a dominant force that changed the way the defense played and performed like Peppers did and he never will be. Hell the Texans defense got much better after he was out of the lineup. They didn't miss him one bit.

Usually only playing in 18 games in 2 seasons before the contract would lower the value of the contract you would get. Not in Mario Williams' case when it comes to the Bills making the decisions. As I said at the time he was a good player but far from a dominant player. We paid him as a dominant player though. Hell we have him 16 million dollars more then Peppers got just two seasons before that and Peppers was clearly the better proven player and a record of dominance.

Mike
10-25-2012, 05:06 PM
There is no question
Peppers >>>>>> Williams

- - - Updated - - -

There was some talk of the Bears getting Williams

SABURZFAN
10-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Williams was nowhere near the player in Houston that Peppers was in Carolina.

The Jokeman
10-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Williams was nowhere near the player in Houston that Peppers was in Carolina.

Yet did when Mario was in Houston did he ever play with anyone as good as Kris Jenkins? Football is a team game. I understand why fans are upset about Mario's play as he's not living up to the hype but at the same time it's not all on him. It's been noted how poor are LB play has been this year but so has the play of our other DEs (despite what Kelsay says), SS and most of our CBs not named Gilmore. Also everyone is likely praising Kyle Williams' career year but Super Mario's prescense might playing a small part of that.

SABURZFAN
10-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Yet did when Mario was in Houston did he ever play with anyone as good as Kris Jenkins? Football is a team game.

Houston seems to play better WITHOUT him than with him too.

Mouldsie
10-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Mario Williams was 3rd in the NFL in sacks per game when he signed here. Is that no longer a fact because we dont like him anymore?

coastal
10-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Mario Williams was 3rd in the NFL in sacks per game when he signed here. Is that no longer a fact because we dont like him anymore?puhlease!

next thing you'll tell is is Madieu Williams is the great safety of our time!

Mouldsie
10-26-2012, 05:53 PM
He was a very solid player for awhile, I wanted him in the 4th round as that seemed like a low projection by the draftniks, he eventually went in the 2nd and still starts in the league.

I have a boner for big men that can move.

coastal
10-26-2012, 06:05 PM
He was a very solid player for awhile, I wanted him in the 4th round as that seemed like a low projection by the draftniks, he eventually went in the 2nd and still starts in the league.

I have a boner for big men that can move.dont get any you...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v6Jfk4Nk9ac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mouldsie
10-27-2012, 10:17 AM
You lost me

coastal
10-27-2012, 10:24 AM
You lost me
Madieu Williams video... admitted boner material for u... most men do something about said boners... spooge...

dont get any you.

:baghead:

Mouldsie
10-27-2012, 10:57 AM
My boner is for Mario, duh

coastal
10-27-2012, 12:14 PM
My boner is for Mariou have issues.

Mouldsie
10-27-2012, 12:55 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V4-1e6Faglw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mouldsie
10-27-2012, 01:29 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z88a_hGr81Q?list=PLE1A5A238299A3084&amp;hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

coastal
10-27-2012, 04:58 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V4-1e6Faglw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
JPP.... Boner jamz.

coastal
10-27-2012, 05:13 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z88a_hGr81Q?list=PLE1A5A238299A3084&hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

http://youtu.be/PYrT_OHQyjE