PDA

View Full Version : panic sets in for other teams

trapezeus
10-26-2012, 12:08 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/1stand10-12week8/biggest-nfl-games-week-8-john-clayton-first-10

this article talks about how panic has set in for several other teams. funny that we aren't listed on there, and the general sense from one bills drive is business as usual and no need toworry.

I wonder why we can't move forward.

Typ0
10-26-2012, 12:45 PM
because this is business as usual at OBD.

Ed
10-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Because this article is focusing on teams that are playing this week. The Bills have a bye.

Skooby
10-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Because this article is focusing on teams that are playing this week. The Bills have a bye.

It seems like we've been out of it for half a season.

trapezeus
10-26-2012, 01:52 PM
regardless, i just can't imagine a team underperforming to the degree the bills have with out serious conversations going into the bye week. i'm convinced 31 other teams would look at giving up 48, 52, 45, and 35 points out of 7 games and say, "we need to do something whether its motivational, personnel, coaching, something will change." and the team is actually hunkering down with "our qb is fine, the DC is fine, not sure on mario, not sure, not sure, not sure."

Not sure if i'm willing to pay for this much longer. not sure if i think it's honorable to be the owner of the bills for your entire life when your entire ownership has been a massive failure minus a few years in the 60's and a few years in the 90's. Sell the damn team and give us a chance to have a winner.

Luisito23
10-26-2012, 05:19 PM
The Bills have a bye.

These idiots have been on a bye for years, when does it end?

Generalissimus Gibby
10-26-2012, 05:23 PM

When Ralph Wilson has a meeting with League Commissioner YHWH Almighty.

BertSquirtgum
10-26-2012, 09:29 PM
Ralph needs to sell the team.

Turf
10-27-2012, 11:03 AM
The Bills are completely at ease with mediocrity. Oh wait, maybe not, they're just not smart enough to see so many obvious shortcomings. Everythings fine, we need to make adjustments, we'll look at the film.
I don't need to look at film, do you, anyone? Its an obvious train wreck in the coaching. Its like the skyscrapers on fire, and they're saying, think after we put the fire out we can still use a couple of the floors? They're just dumb. Stupid. Incompetent.

SABURZFAN
10-27-2012, 11:08 AM

when The Old Fart either dies or sells the team.

Billz_fan
10-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Sigh* at 1 Bills drive there are no issues because the team is doing fine. Just like every year there are no problems. This team turns a profit. It's doing exactly what is what designed to. Make money. Sell tickets, merchandise, concessions and all the other things that they get money from. It's doing just fine. If you want a team that wins games and is a contender you have to switch to a team where that is the goal. The only place where winning and losing is an issue for the Bills is in the locker rooms and the stands.

Keep lining the old farts pockets and this is what you get. He is happy, his family will never have to work when they sell the team as long as the stands are filled every week :up:

imbondz
10-27-2012, 06:15 PM
at least we don't have to worry about panic setting in

feldspar
10-28-2012, 02:35 AM
I'm not panicked...I just don't expect much from this team at this point.

But, truth be told, the Bills are still right in the mix. There are only 3 teams with a winning record in the AFC. Only our next two games are AT New England and AT Houston. After that, our remaining schedule does not seem quite as easy as it once did.

If we can't do it, we get what we get...no more excuses EVER from me with this team.

Of course nobody expects it, but can you imagine what it would do for this team to beat New England after the bye? We'd be having a whole different conversation, warranted or not.

But, for now, we'll just all concede that the Bills aren't very good. Nothing any of us can do about that.

YardRat
10-28-2012, 08:59 AM
You have to have higher expectations to begin with, in order for panic to set in at the point that you aren't meeting them.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-28-2012, 09:47 AM
No playoffs in thirteen years, no real succession plan for ownership, no real plan for building a team, no urgency, but hey we continue to buy jerseys and tickets, why the hell should we change anything. Ralph Wilson has found that he can rake in the cash without needing to win so why the **** should he care. Guess what, the nasty truth about this team is that its for entertainment. There's no expectation to win, so he spends some big money on a bust every few years and we think he's committed to winning. Bledsoe was a bust but sold those God Awful Jersies, Poz was a bust but sold those throwback Jersies. TO was a bust but sold more of those fugly jerseys, Mario is a bust and sells those nike jersies.