PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams told team via text

YardRat
10-28-2012, 09:58 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8564085/mario-williams-texted-buffalo-bills-surgery-sources

Team sources say Williams was a no-show Monday before he texted a trainer and his defensive line coach to say he was getting a second opinion on his wrist and, subsequently, that he was undergoing arthroscopic surgery.

Then he said he would be back for practice Monday and expects to play next Sunday against his former team, the Houston Texans (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/hou/houston-texans).

Generalissimus Gibby
10-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Any way we can trade him back to the Texans? I'd actually feel more confident in our chances if they had him instead of us.

BertSquirtgum
10-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Sounds like the Bills are mishandling an injured player. Another reason these coaches are buffoons.

Ed
10-28-2012, 10:22 AM
This is what happens when you give a player a mega contract that handcuffs the team. They get to do what they want without any repercussions.

SquishDaFish
10-28-2012, 11:30 AM
I agree this just shows that the coaches are horrible. Tge communication is obviously horrible

Skooby
10-28-2012, 11:52 AM
Now you know why we send so many to IR, our team's Doctors are as bad as the coaches.

coastal
10-28-2012, 11:55 AM
How does anyone come to the conclusion this is the coaches fault?

this is a question of team policy... process... structure...

... just like I've been saying all along.

its an organizational problem, and if I had to make an educated guess based on what's coming out, this is being handled by the Bills in an attempt to minimize any sort of PR fiasco.

its not bein handled with the goal of whatever is in the best interest of the team.

THRILLHO
10-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Texting after wrist surgery? Seems kind of risky....

BertSquirtgum
10-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Apparently Gailey knows more than he leads the media to know. I don't buy it.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2012/10/live-chat-inside-the-nfl-with-mark-gaughan-at-11-am-2.html

Generalissimus Gibby
10-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Texting after wrist surgery? Seems kind of risky....

He's stroking his package with his money too. That's equally dangerous.

OpIv37
10-28-2012, 10:48 PM
It's 2012. How is communicating by text a problem?

THRILLHO
10-28-2012, 11:40 PM

Its a slippery slope. He's already "phoning it in" on game day.

Historian
10-29-2012, 05:28 AM
What a wimp.

Night Train
10-29-2012, 06:02 AM
The next coach better come in and smash his mini fridge to pieces during his 1st locker room visit. Guy needs a major wakeup call.

It's WE, not ME..

Ed
10-29-2012, 10:13 AM
It's not the texting that bothers me, it's the fact that he was a no show and that the surgery was a surprise to the team. At least that's what the article says. It doesn't sound like he had any kind of discussion with the team about it. He just decided to go about it on his own, not show up, and then tell his position coach after the fact. That's just not professional.

OpIv37
10-29-2012, 10:19 AM
It's not the texting that bothers me, it's the fact that he was a no show and that the surgery was a surprise to the team. At least that's what the article says. It doesn't sound like he had any kind of discussion with the team about it. He just decided to go about it on his own, not show up, and then tell his position coach after the fact. That's just not professional.

was it that, or did he think he wasn't getting the proper attention/support from the team regarding the injury?

I honestly don't know, but given the fact that he was playing hurt, the team got fined for not reporting his injury, and the team has been so incompetent in so many other ways, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Ed
10-29-2012, 10:35 AM
was it that, or did he think he wasn't getting the proper attention/support from the team regarding the injury?

I honestly don't know, but given the fact that he was playing hurt, the team got fined for not reporting his injury, and the team has been so incompetent in so many other ways, it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Maybe, I don't know. Either way it's not good.

DraftBoy
10-29-2012, 11:46 AM
And this has been proven false per Mario's comments today.

X-Era
10-30-2012, 12:07 PM
And this has been proven false per Mario's comments today.
Yep. I saw that too... He talks to the training staff everyday and they, not he, decided to do the wrist surgery.

Bill Cody
10-30-2012, 01:15 PM

It's also just not true. But carry on.

SquishDaFish
10-30-2012, 01:17 PM
I love people that jump to conclusions after the first thing they read. :roflmao:

coastal
10-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Yep. I saw that too... He talks to the training staff everyday and they, not he, decided to do the wrist surgery.
And u buy this?

:rofl:

SquishDaFish
10-30-2012, 03:24 PM
And u buy this?

:rofl:

So its funny he buys into Marios word but its ok for you to buy into the original reporter who wrote that article? :lmao: You are such a tool bro

coastal
10-30-2012, 07:01 PM
So its funny he buys into Marios word but its ok for you to buy into the original reporter who wrote that article? :lmao: You are such a tool bro
Considering Mario's the one stealing... I'm not banking on the veracity of the story he's now peddling.

not just that... Chan was clueless... Players were clueless...

i can promise you... Mario is publicizing a company message right now.