PDA

View Full Version : On the bright side

better days
10-28-2012, 10:52 PM
Things could always be worse. After watching the games today, I don't feel as bad as I did all week. We could have Sanchez at QB instead of Fitz.

This team still has time to get their act together.

Go ahead, flame away.

BertSquirtgum
10-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Smoke another fatty.

Mike
10-28-2012, 11:29 PM
Things could always be worse. After watching the games today, I don't feel as bad as I did all week. We could have Sanchez at QB instead of Fitz.

This team still has time to get their act together.

Go ahead, flame away.

What Planet do you live on???? I am really starting to think very poorly of some of the myopic homers.

For years your type have labeled 'realists' as negative
Your loyalty to being positive is leading you to a level of delusion that is unfathomable You level and capacity for creating excuses and exceptions is exceptional. You would not know the 'reality' if it hit you in the face. You really live in a some dream word that you mistake for everyday reality. And when you are confronted with this, you fight back and name call. You call out all those who do no share and support your delusions as being negative, as being trolls, as being biased and hateful. You are incapable of critical self analysis and lack self awareness. To you I can only say, keep on eating you ****ttt Sandwich and feel free to continue believe its Chicken, you my friend are hopeless.

Electrici
10-29-2012, 01:37 AM
We'll see what we got in the next two games. I think we all know what we have, but I'm always up for a surprise.

kishoph
10-29-2012, 02:29 AM
What Planet do you live on???? I am really starting to think very poorly of some of the myopic homers.

For years your type have labeled 'realists' as negative
Your loyalty to being positive is leading you to a level of delusion that is unfathomable You level and capacity for creating excuses and exceptions is exceptional. You would not know the 'reality' if it hit you in the face. You really live in a some dream word that you mistake for everyday reality. And when you are confronted with this, you fight back and name call. You call out all those who do no share and support your delusions as being negative, as being trolls, as being biased and hateful. You are incapable of critical self analysis and lack self awareness. To you I can only say, keep on eating you ****ttt Sandwich and feel free to continue believe its Chicken, you my friend are hopeless.

There's another word for what you call myopic homers, that word is "Fans," fans that still want to believe in their team, fans that will stick with and support their team, whether they win or lose or fans that are not delusional in thinking that they are entitled to a winning team because they bought tickets or have a Bills hat. Choosing to be a fan of a team does not guarantee that that it will be a winning team, but it does allow you to root for and have something to share with hundreds of thousands of others. As a fan being able to spend a Sunday afternoon with Family and Friends, cheering for the same thing and having a good time win or lose is something special. It's nobody's fault but your own, if you want to take that something special (chicken sandwich) and turn it into ****ttt.

Mike
10-29-2012, 03:10 AM
There's another word for what you call myopic homers, that word is "Fans,"
- fan comes from the word fanatic, so its really the same thing
fans that still want to believe in their team, fans that will stick with and support their team, whether they win or lose
- You Dont need to believe in your team in order to support them. These concepts and feelings are not mutually exclusive. For example, a father can support his son playing football regardless how awful his son is at playing football. Further the father can be more supportive if he knows that the son is not very good oppose to being delusional about his sons abilities.
or fans that are not delusional in thinking that they are entitled to a winning team because they bought tickets or have a Bills hat.
- no is entitled to anything. This is just entertainment at the end of the day. Being a realist though those have its perks not just in being a football fan but also in life.
Choosing to be a fan of a team does not guarantee that that it will be a winning team, but it does allow you to root for and have something to share with hundreds of thousands of others. As a fan being able to spend a Sunday afternoon with Family and Friends, cheering for the same thing and having a good time win or lose is something special.
- Thats the things. You are implying that in order for you to enjoy watching the Bills or football you have to be delusional. I dont agree. I think a rationalist, a 'realist' will enjoy the game just as much because they will also enjoy the progression of things. The evolution of players, teams, etc...
- I enjoy the game of football and the Bills just as much you and maybe more than most fans and I do not have delusions about how good or bad the Bills are. I didnt need to believe that the Bills are a good team and have a high potential in order to root for them. I was never sold on Chan or did I give him the benefit of the doubt. When Maybin was drafted I was pissed and why barry my head in the sand about his potential etc...
- I like to call a spade a spade and like many like me, we enjoy the games just as much as you homers...

feldspar
10-29-2012, 03:26 AM
If somebody else sucks, that doesn't mean that you don't too. I find a little comfort that other teams suck, but not all that much...cuz the Bills still suck. Now, I have a little bit of hope that this team can turn it around this year, but not much, and especially not in the next two games.

I just watched the Saints defense get totally shredded AGAIN tonight, and it made me feel not so alone. But that doesn't mean anything positive about the state of the Bills defense, really.

If I only had one ball and met a guy that didn't have any, that wouldn't mean that I'm packin'.

I'll be optimistic when they give me a reason to be.

kishoph
10-29-2012, 03:37 AM
There's another word for what you call myopic homers, that word is "Fans,"
- fan comes from the word fanatic, so its really the same thing
fans that still want to believe in their team, fans that will stick with and support their team, whether they win or

I gave you a thanks because I think it's a good post and without attacking anyone. There's nothing wrong with being critical of a team, nor is there anything wrong with being overly optimistic (fanatic), it is a choice, I just don't like when people resort to personal attacks, especially towards other posters (not saying you). I consider myself a "Big Fan," but I've learned, maybe through age that it is still just a game and I try not to let it affect me so much were I'm gonna call someone an ******* or worse, such as wishing death to a person. I've lived in Buffalo most of my life, so I feel a sense of loyalty to the Bills, if it does start to affect me in such a negative way that it seems to affect some, I think I'd just give up watching football.