Where are all of the Homers? The Optimists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Where are all of the Homers? The Optimists?

I wounder what happened to all of the positive homers? Where did all of you guys go?

Here is the advantage of bing a realist. You are aware enough as not to be too disappointed or surprised. And when the **** hits the fan, you dont go off the wast side. For the realists, even when the team goes 2-14 like the Colts did last year, its not the end of the world. You see how things can and should be changed. The reason why you see this is because your grounded in reality. You see that Lee Evens is a one trick pony and that Poz is nothing but average and that Peters might be difficult to replace. You see the problem with not resigning Greer and for sure you fully understand why Brady is great and why Lossman is not even good enough to the ball boy in NE. You fully realize and understand the difference between a great FO and the Bills FO and the difference between hiring a good coach and not so good coach. The reason why you see and know all of this is because you are not seeing things emotionally, your are not allowing your rose colored glasses to paint a prettier picture. The best part about being a realist, you can enjoy the wins more. You have a higher capacity to appreciate a winner and realists are not fair weather fans. Many of the Homers lose interest when their team starts poorly, however the realists are not surprised and they stick around for the entire season...
    Please Make Sense
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: Where are all of the Homers? The Optimists?

Honestly, if there is anyone that can be positive or optimistic about this crapbag of a team now, I'd be amazed, dumbfounded, perplexed, befuddled, shocked, at a loss...etc.

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

I understand the reason behind this thread, unfortunately, we all share in this misery.

Personally, I wouldn't call anybody out for being wrong about the Bills...even after year 13 of being ****ty.

We all want them to succeed so badly, it tends to cloud the judgement.

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Your threads are self serving & basically terrible. My 11 year old keeps telling me she's always right also. Wifey and I laugh.

I perceive you no different.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I'm a realist for the most part, but there is always a little bit of homer in me, hoping for the best, and there always will be.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Well, as an optimist, I am right here, can't wait for the next game. All you whiners can stop watching the Bills if you like, but I will get together with fellow Bills fans on Sunday & win or lose we will all have a good time, watching the game, cheering, eating, drinking & enjoying each others company. We will all go home happy if the Bills win & disappointed if they lose.

And you whiners can not enjoy a win more than an optimist because you will call that win a fluke & expect the next loss. We will enjoy the win for what it is, a WIN. We will take the games one at a time, watching every one & enjoy the wins when they come. If the season ends at 3-13 we optimists know it is not the end of the World & will look forward to changes to come next year when we will cheer for the Bills again.

Comment

• Gibby
              Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
              • Jun 2006

I'm emotionally detached from this team. I used to care, but then sometime in early 2009 I checked out. Then I made the mistake of going to the Chiefs opener at Arrowhead last year and saw us win 41-7. After that game, I saw us start out 5-2 and my passion for the Bills came back and then I saw them return to form. Fortunately this year we got thumped three times in our first five games and during the fourth quarter of the Pats game I checked out again (they stopped trying and I stopped caring, see how that works. Seriously, I would have remained passionate about them even with the same score provided they had shown some effort). So now, I'm pretty much emotionally detached from the Bills. I support them in much the same way I support the Kansas City Royals. I still watch the games, but I don't get emotionally involved. If they win well that's nice. If they lose well same old Bills. Also, I haven't purchased a Royals shirt since 1995 and have not been to a Royals game since 1999 (of course they lost to the Houston Astros 3-2). In the same spirit I am not buying any Bills related item or going to any new Bills game until they show that they are interested in winning. I will still watch them, but I just repeat to myself that its just a game and I should really just relax.
              Last edited by Generalissimus Gibby; 10-29-2012, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                I wounder what happened to all of the positive homers? Where did all of you guys go?

Here is the advantage of bing a realist. You are aware enough as not to be too disappointed or surprised. And when the **** hits the fan, you dont go off the wast side. For the realists, even when the team goes 2-14 like the Colts did last year, its not the end of the world. You see how things can and should be changed. The reason why you see this is because your grounded in reality. You see that Lee Evens is a one trick pony and that Poz is nothing but average and that Peters might be difficult to replace. You see the problem with not resigning Greer and for sure you fully understand why Brady is great and why Lossman is not even good enough to the ball boy in NE. You fully realize and understand the difference between a great FO and the Bills FO and the difference between hiring a good coach and not so good coach. The reason why you see and know all of this is because you are not seeing things emotionally, your are not allowing your rose colored glasses to paint a prettier picture. The best part about being a realist, you can enjoy the wins more. You have a higher capacity to appreciate a winner and realists are not fair weather fans. Many of the Homers lose interest when their team starts poorly, however the realists are not surprised and they stick around for the entire season...
                Your definition of realist is wrong. This post doesn't make you a realist, it makes you a pessimist. Just saying.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
                  • Jan 2010

What a joke of a thread

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                    The Voice of Reason
                    • Jul 2007

Mike, you really should make more threads. You never make enough and your insight and magnificent handling of the English language are so underrated.

I'm not a ****ing optimist/pessimist/realist/whateverist, I'm a FAN. This isn't life or death, I'm not betting on these games looking for financial gain, if anything I take a hit in the pocket book from this.

FAN. If they win, great! If not, I'll watch another game. Yes I'm a diehard Bills fan. Yes I usually am optimistic, but I call it being a football fan with a favorite team that doesn't wish for the worst or mope during the week when he has 0 control.
                    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
                      Honestly, if there is anyone that can be positive or optimistic about this crapbag of a team now, I'd be amazed, dumbfounded, perplexed, befuddled, shocked, at a loss...etc.
                      I would be embarrassed for them as well.

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
                        • Aug 2012

the buffalo bills have lobotomized all of us into staring off into the corner will drool and snot dripping from our faces.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike View Post

WHO CARES?
                          Why start this thread?

YEAH MIKE TOLD US SO!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD FOR HIM!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

sounds like this thread hit a nerve with some people.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

You tell him Thurm.

These are the guys who are nowhere to be found when they're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X