PDA

View Full Version : Bills Bye Week

Mahdi
10-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Bills come off bye to play a team coming off the bye as well (Texans). Following week, the Bills travel to New England who is coming off their bye. Basically, we don't have advantage of bye week, then we face division rival after their bye going to their house.

Bills face NE how many times in last 10 years when they come off bye?

Joe Fo Sho
10-29-2012, 11:51 AM
New England has played us coming off of their bye in 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2012. They've played Miami once coming off of their bye, in 2009. They haven't played the Jets a single time off their bye in that span.

Luisito23
10-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Even if we had 10 straight bye weeks we wouldn't be a able to beat the Texans in Texas, so I'm not really worried.

Mahdi
10-29-2012, 11:57 AM
New England has played us coming off of their bye in 2000, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2012. They've played Miami once coming off of their bye, in 2009. They haven't played the Jets a single time off their bye in that span.

Exactly what I thought. That is a crazy statistic and totally unfair. Media needs to send a message to OBD and NFL that that is unacceptable.

Joe Fo Sho
10-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Exactly what I thought. That is a crazy statistic and totally unfair. Media needs to send a message to OBD and NFL that that is unacceptable.

Yeah, in Tom Brady's entire NFL career, he's played the Bills of off their bye week almost 50% of the time. That's a bit ridiculous.

YardRat
10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
I bet the rest of the league thinks it's very fair, giving the Pats a gimme after their bye week, instead of consistently giving them one of the other top teams in the conference.

Joe Fo Sho
10-29-2012, 03:21 PM
I bet the rest of the league thinks it's very fair, giving the Pats a gimme after their bye week, instead of consistently giving them one of the other top teams in the conference.

Must be nice to be in the 'rest of the league' category.

Mr. Miyagi
10-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Yeah, in Tom Brady's entire NFL career, he's played the Bills of off their bye week almost 50% of the time. That's a bit ridiculous.
All the complaining aside, how many times did we beat NE in the years that we didn't play them coming off their bye?

Yeah, it's not like they need the extra rest to beat us. So what difference does it make?

SABURZFAN
10-29-2012, 03:38 PM
the Bills better get ready to be GRONKED!!!!!!!!!

ServoBillieves
10-29-2012, 06:29 PM
That's a pretty damning stat. I don't care who you are or what you believe, those are all games and NFL regulated schedules set up for them to win. That isn't even a conspiracy, that is a better team getting an easy win after the bye week.

BillsFever21
10-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Here comes the conspiracy theorists once again. The NFL is out to get Buffalo and/or help the Patriots. It doesn't matter if they're coming off a bye week or not. We've beat them once in the past 10 years.

Generalissimus Gibby
10-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Here comes the conspiracy theorists once again. The NFL is out to get Buffalo and/or help the Patriots. It doesn't matter if they're coming off a bye week or not. We've beat them once in the past 10 years.

To be fair we've beat them twice in the past decade.

LtFinFan66
10-29-2012, 07:23 PM
honestly....would it really matter?

Joe Fo Sho
10-29-2012, 10:56 PM
All the complaining aside, how many times did we beat NE in the years that we didn't play them coming off their bye?

Yeah, it's not like they need the extra rest to beat us. So what difference does it make?

Any given Sunday.

Mahdi
10-30-2012, 07:52 AM

That's really not the point. Whether we win or lose by 50 points every game is not the concern. It's a simple matter of fairness. I could understand if it was 2-3 times but when Buffalo plays NE 6 times after their bye in 12 years that is a really messed up stat. Especially considering the fact that only the Fins got them once after their bye and the Jets never.

Its also stupid that on top of that our bye this year is voided with the Texans bye.

stuckincincy
10-30-2012, 09:33 AM
FWIW, BUF has been pretty good in games after a bye week:

http://www.predictem.com/nfl/post-bye.php

BillsFever21
10-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Stop trying to make excuses and conspiracy theories against the Bills like the NFL is out to get them. Whether it's with the schedule or officiating there are always conspiracy theorist out there.

The NFL schedule isn't just some random schedule made up by drawing straws. If they change certain games to "screw" the Bills then that's has an effect on many other games and teams schedule.

I know the reason why we have sucked for the past 13 years is because of the NFL screwing us but we can overcome them if we're a decent team. Suck it up and go out there and play :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
10-30-2012, 05:18 PM

not at all.

SABURZFAN
10-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Stop trying to make excuses and conspiracy theories against the Bills like the NFL is out to get them. Whether it's with the schedule or officiating there are always conspiracy theorist out there.

The NFL schedule isn't just some random schedule made up by drawing straws. If they change certain games to "screw" the Bills then that's has an effect on many other games and teams schedule.

I know the reason why we have sucked for the past 13 years is because of the NFL screwing us but we can overcome them if we're a decent team. Suck it up and go out there and play :rolleyes:

:clap:

mikemac2001
10-30-2012, 06:21 PM
That is weird i didnt think this year the pats got the bye advantage but maybe that was last year

also the pats are hot right now maybe a bye week will slow them down a little