X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

How we match-up vs Texans

Obviously we are going into a tough game here and it doesn't look good. However, I think the match-up is not bad for the Bills.

Bills OL vs Texans DL -- With Glenn and Urbik back this will by far be the best OL the Texans will have faced this year and definitely the best interior.

Watt is amazing but he will be matched up inside with Urbik and Wood which will be a tough match for him. Both can handle his power and speed. Texans will also be missing Cushing which is a huge loss to their run defense.

On the outside I think Glenn and Pears will hold up well against their OLBs. In spread formations they will have difficulty matching up with Stevie 1v1 and Chandler should have success down the middle.

I like the matchup of Jonathan Joseph on Stevie, Joseph is a speed guy which will not help him to deal with Stevie's routes.

On defense, the Texan OL is great in run blocking with their zone scheme but I think the Bills defenders would do better against a zone scheme than a power scheme. our LBs can run well which will help them rather than having to take on blocks head on and shed.

In the passing game our DL should have the advantage (if we play up to expectations). The Texans are not great in pass protection and are not overly strong inside so Dareus and Williams should be able to push the pocket. Whether Mario, Merriman and Moore can do some damage off the edge is questionable.

On the outside I like Gilmore vs Johnson. I think Gilmore will win this matchup. Owen Daniels is more of a concern because he is a very Witten like TE who finds soft spots and we have lots of soft spots in the middle.

Overall, although the Texans are the superior team obviously, I think we can win this game just based on how we matchup with their strengths and they with ours.
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Re: How we match-up vs Texans

wow... dude.

I'd call the Texans one of the worst match-ups we can face. Their offense is going to steamroll this sorry excuse for a defense. We can only hope the Texans take a day off and it's not a 50-10 embarrassment.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• imbondz
      Democrats are people too
      • Jan 2003

nothing about this game says upset. lol
      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
        The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
        • Feb 2005

LOL yeah this is going to be a romp by the Texans. no good matchups for the bills except matching plane seats with the tickets for the ride home
        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

You're forgetting the most important match-up Mahdi. Their O vs. Wanny. Don't like it like I don't like his stache.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            You're forgetting the most important match-up Mahdi. Their O vs. Wanny. Don't like it like I don't like his stache.
            I think he will make some adjustments and I think our DL will be ready. Mario healthier, Moore emerging as a threat, Merriman might be healthiest he's been in years, Dareus and Williams are probably really motivated to show they can dominate a game.

Also Bradham gets some extra time to get comfortable in the defense and make a name for himself. Its a big opportunity he has.

I also think our young secondary will come out a stronger unit after the bye, especially the young guys Gilmore and Williams.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Rosy outlook. Our offense will have a hard time sustaining drives and the Texans have one of the better running teams going against, by far and away, the worst rushing defense in the league. This looks more likely to be a very similar game to the beating we took in SF.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                I think he will make some adjustments and I think our DL will be ready. Mario healthier, Moore emerging as a threat, Merriman might be healthiest he's been in years, Dareus and Williams are probably really motivated to show they can dominate a game.

Also Bradham gets some extra time to get comfortable in the defense and make a name for himself. Its a big opportunity he has.

I also think our young secondary will come out a stronger unit after the bye, especially the young guys Gilmore and Williams.
                what possible reason do you think ANY of this is anything more then wishful thinking? None of the above has been born out by any evidence from the first half of the season.
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Like I said about Tennessee, if we let their halfback get past our LBs and into the secondary, he's going to take it all the way to the house. Foster is better than Johnson and Johnson completely gashed us. This game is going to be a complete beating - this is the week to complete the "Honey Do" list.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

LOL Are we really doing this?

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Foster will break the NFL single game rushing record.

4 INTs for Fitz.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                        nothing about this game says upset. lol
                        depends on how you use the term upset, because I think it's going to be pretty upsetting to watch.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

Buffalo has Fitzpatrick, Sheppard and Wannstadt and Houston doesn't. Huge advantage for the Texans.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BuffaloWingEater
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
                            Obviously we are going into a tough game here and it doesn't look good. However, I think the match-up is not bad for the Bills.

Bills OL vs Texans DL -- With Glenn and Urbik back this will by far be the best OL the Texans will have faced this year and definitely the best interior.

Watt is amazing but he will be matched up inside with Urbik and Wood which will be a tough match for him. Both can handle his power and speed. Texans will also be missing Cushing which is a huge loss to their run defense.

On the outside I think Glenn and Pears will hold up well against their OLBs. In spread formations they will have difficulty matching up with Stevie 1v1 and Chandler should have success down the middle.

I like the matchup of Jonathan Joseph on Stevie, Joseph is a speed guy which will not help him to deal with Stevie's routes.

On defense, the Texan OL is great in run blocking with their zone scheme but I think the Bills defenders would do better against a zone scheme than a power scheme. our LBs can run well which will help them rather than having to take on blocks head on and shed.

In the passing game our DL should have the advantage (if we play up to expectations). The Texans are not great in pass protection and are not overly strong inside so Dareus and Williams should be able to push the pocket. Whether Mario, Merriman and Moore can do some damage off the edge is questionable.

On the outside I like Gilmore vs Johnson. I think Gilmore will win this matchup. Owen Daniels is more of a concern because he is a very Witten like TE who finds soft spots and we have lots of soft spots in the middle.

Overall, although the Texans are the superior team obviously, I think we can win this game just based on how we matchup with their strengths and they with ours.
                            dude i want what you are having

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

after watching the Texans drub the Ravens, i'm thinking that the Bills will get masacred this Sunday.
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X