PDA

View Full Version : Lineup changes I'd like to see against Houston

YardRat
10-30-2012, 09:59 AM
This is actually paraphrasing my post in another thread, but here are some changes I'd like to see implemented for this Sunday's game against Houston...

Activate Morrison and deactivate White...let him share time with Shepphard at MLB.
Activate Brooks and cut Dickenson. Start working him in splitting time with Williams.
Activate TJax and start giving him reps during the week...deactivate Thigpen.
Glenn and Urbik will supposedly be healthy, so replace Pears with Hairston on the right side.

How about you?

HAMMER
10-30-2012, 10:03 AM
I'd like to see YardRat and MitchMurray replaced with posters to be named later.

YardRat
10-30-2012, 10:12 AM
I'd like to see YardRat and MitchMurray replaced with posters to be named later.

Ouch. That one might leave a mark.

ServoBillieves
10-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Cut Thigpen and activate TJ. If not by now, he will never learn the playbook. Cut one of the dead weights.
Deactivate White yes, but keep Rogers. Also, move Moats to MLB. If we're going to constantly have 5 or 6 DB's on the field, you need a mobile guy, not a stiff/slow/run stopping LB.
Don't cut Dickerson, maybe get him involved a bit more due to his versatility and stop trying to rely on Brad Smith.
Change Fitzy's eyes. With medical knowledge so far advanced now, we should be able to give him eyes that don't stare down his receiver for 4 minutes.

Cut Delano Howell.

Mahdi
10-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Cut Thigpen and activate TJ. If not by now, he will never learn the playbook. Cut one of the dead weights.
Deactivate White yes, but keep Rogers. Also, move Moats to MLB. If we're going to constantly have 5 or 6 DB's on the field, you need a mobile guy, not a stiff/slow/run stopping LB.
Don't cut Dickerson, maybe get him involved a bit more due to his versatility and stop trying to rely on Brad Smith.
Change Fitzy's eyes. With medical knowledge so far advanced now, we should be able to give him eyes that don't stare down his receiver for 4 minutes.

Cut Delano Howell.

Moats at MLB? He is much stiffer than Shepp. If anyone should move to MLB it should be Barnett or Bradham.

Jaybird
10-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Barnett should be moved to the middle!
More Moore as DE
A little searcy in passing situations
Ron Brooks on the field
And give the ball to spiller 20 times a game (passing or rushing)

OpIv37
10-30-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm not opposed to making changes, because what we are doing clearly isn't working. I don't expect it to make much difference though. A pile of **** is a pile of **** no matter how you stack it.

Homegrown
10-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Activate TJax and start giving him reps during the week...deactivate Thigpen

yeah but....Jackson hasn't learnt Gailey's complex playbook yet ....

gr8slayer
10-30-2012, 08:08 PM
I'd like to come out of the bye-week with a new owner.

Turf
10-30-2012, 09:49 PM
I'd like to see Chucky come out of the booth and clean house, but that aint gonna happen.

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Bills should sign Bobby Carpenter. He's terrible but he would instantly be the best linebacker on the team.

gr8slayer
10-31-2012, 08:01 AM
Until he has to tackle someone.
Bills should sign Bobby Carpenter. He's terrible but he would instantly be the best linebacker on the team.

Fixxxer
10-31-2012, 08:34 AM
Moats to SOLB, he was doing a good job there until he got burned by Davis while in excellent coverage by a guy his size (down the righ sideline). I didn't like that he was the scapegoat after the 49ers game, the defense as a whole was pathetic.

Sit Sheppard, he's supposed to be the QB of the defense and it shows he isn't ready or he isn't the right man for the job. Sometimes I see DBs not knowing where to position because they didn't hear the playcall, that can't happen.

Sit George Wilson or put him in on early downs, he's a much better player going forward than back in coverage. Get Searcy some reps.

Unless is 3rd and forever the base defense stays on the field, let the players know how to react and play under different situations, specially the LBs. Allow them to build chemistry within the defense. Give White more playing time, I think he showed good things in pass defense in pre-season, see if he can challenge Sheppard at MLB.

Give Merriman playing time, he must be hungry and we need an attitude adjustment on D.

On offense, use Steve Johnson more, the guy gets open. Fitz and him need to be more "egotistic" for the betterment of the team.

They need to use Chandler more down the seams. He's a mismatch for LBs and safeties.

Hairston over Pears at RT, obvioulsy if Glenn is good to go.

trapezeus
10-31-2012, 08:45 AM
i don't know what these changes really do on the LB corp. these guys can't cover anyone. and the front four isn't getting off blocks to talk runners.

my big change would to blitz the crap out of opposing qb's now. have the front 4 work on having the linemen push them out of hte way like its' been happening so far, but have LB's come through those gaps.

1. that will help in run support
2. that will make hte qb throw faster
3. we won't be asking our front 4 to do anything they aren't doing already.

the negatives is that it will put db's on islands. and with aaron williams playing as poorly as he is, this may be terrible. but clearly having a qb set his feet and throw hasn't worked well. so we should have qb's throwing hurriedly and see if maybe williams fairs better.

and a second negative is that we could give up big plays. but we've been giving up big plays as is. so i don't see it getting worse than it currently is.

bigbub2352
10-31-2012, 08:56 AM
morrison for sheppard
searcy for wilson

rodgers for aaron williams on outside and move williams to slot

start Kyle Moore over Kelsay

tj graham on the outside and dnald jones in the slot

harrison moved over to RT Pears to bench when glenn comes back

Fire Wany and promote bob sanders as interm DC until rest of season

cut Ruvell Martin, Corey Mcyntire, and John Potter and add another OLB and WR and maybe another MLB

Cut Carrington and elevate Jay Ross from PS

Add SOMe LBer's and another WR and mayhbe a QB to the Practice Squad

OpIv37
10-31-2012, 09:34 AM
i don't know what these changes really do on the LB corp. these guys can't cover anyone. and the front four isn't getting off blocks to talk runners.

my big change would to blitz the crap out of opposing qb's now. have the front 4 work on having the linemen push them out of hte way like its' been happening so far, but have LB's come through those gaps.

This is my biggest problem with Wanny. We aren't getting pressure with the front 4. The LB's aren't shedding blocks in the running game and aren't covering well in the passing game.

Why not blitz the LB's? Sure, we'll get burned a couple of times, but we're getting burned a lot anyway. If we blitz and get to the QB, maybe we'll get a sack or a turnover. If we don't get to the QB, he'll complete the pass, but he's completing the pass anyway.

There is literally nothing to lose.

trapezeus
10-31-2012, 10:42 AM
my point exactly. they just have to change it up. as it is, a qb knows noone is coming and goes through his progression and then runs for 5 yards.

under the Op/Trap plan, the qb is at least forced to think pre snap that "hey maybe someone is coming this down." as a result, we'll see some misreads, we'll see some bad throws and some 3 and outs. and for a defense giving up 35 points in 5 of 7 games, i think getting burned isn't really a big deal.

and then the bills offense can try to just run the ball. currently the offense is in a "lets try and keep up mode" and we don't have a qb for that. he's not even a game manager. put the ball in fred and cj's hands.