PDA

View Full Version : BBD: Mock Draft v1.3

DraftBoy
10-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Some of you are you going to hate this pick, some of you may not even know who the Bills pick is...yet.

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013-nfl-mock-draft/

Bills pick 13th

YardRat
10-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Interesting.

TigerJ
10-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Your're right, I'm not familiar at all with him. He's got a great last name though. It's certainly a need pick. Maybe Nigel Bradham will develop, maybe not, but Barnett is certainly in the twilight of his career, and Moats just plain doesn't fit. I am not one of those who thinks first round or bust when picking a QB. EJ Manuel might be around in the second round when Buffalo picks, but if not there are a couple other intriguing QBs who will.

cookie G
10-30-2012, 06:17 PM
With the first pick of the draft, the Kansas City Chiefs have traded their pick to the Buffalo Bills for the following:

Buffalo's first round pick in 2013 and 2014;
Aaron Williams;
Leotis McLovin;
Terrell Troup;

With their pick the Buffalo Bills select Geno Smith, QB West Virginia.

When asked for comment, Bills interim GM Bill Polian replied, "we really didn't give up that much, seriously".

djjimkelly
10-30-2012, 06:58 PM
if barkley is on the board and the bills pass on him

it would set me over the edge

YardRat
10-30-2012, 07:16 PM
if barkley is on the board and the bills pass on him

it would set me over the edge

I chose not to comment on specifics and play a spoiler, but since you have :D...I'm certainly not included, but I think many would react the same way as you.

DraftBoy
10-30-2012, 07:17 PM
I chose not to comment on specifics and play a spoiler, but since you have :D...I'm certainly not included, but I think many would react the same way as you.

I expect this response. Barkley and Wilson on the board and the Bills pass? What in the world was I thinking?

gr8slayer
10-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Some of you are you going to hate this pick, some of you may not even know who the Bills pick is...yet.

Bills pick 13th
I don't think that he'll be there at 13. Someone in the top ten is going to fall in love with the guy after they watch him workout.

Bangarang
10-30-2012, 09:29 PM
I expect this response. Barkley and Wilson on the board and the Bills pass? What in the world was I thinking?

Passing on a potential franchise changing QB for a 4-3 OLB would make me cry.

But then again, a move like this has Bills written all over it.

clumping platelets
10-30-2012, 11:23 PM
If the 1st 12 picks go that way, do you believe the Bills could trade down to allow another team to draft Barkley and we still get the OLB later in rd 1?

I like Landry Jones..........what are your thoughts on him DB?

Mouldsie
10-30-2012, 11:49 PM
I have Dysert and Wilson rated higher than Barkely so pasing on him is not a problem to me.... LB is certainly a big need.... would rather lose a couple games and land Smith/T'eo/Jordan

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2012, 12:01 AM
There's no way the Bills don't draft a QB in the first round.

Ed
10-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Depends on where they pick and who's available. Plus, if a guy like Rivers or Romo did become available via trade I would expect Nix and Gailey to pursue that pretty hard. They really can't afford another losing season, which a rookie would most likely bring.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2012, 10:18 AM
The entire WNY will be in a riot if that happened.

DraftBoy
10-31-2012, 11:06 AM

As I sit here today I would say there is just as much chance the Bills don't take a QB in the 1st as they will.

trapezeus
10-31-2012, 11:20 AM
Your're right, I'm not familiar at all with him. He's got a great last name though. It's certainly a need pick. Maybe Nigel Bradham will develop, maybe not, but Barnett is certainly in the twilight of his career, and Moats just plain doesn't fit. I am not one of those who thinks first round or bust when picking a QB. EJ Manuel might be around in the second round when Buffalo picks, but if not there are a couple other intriguing QBs who will.

little i've seen of EJ, he isn't very accurate. i think the bills need a qb or two added to the current 3 jokers. but someone has to be of starter material and since the crop of qb's looks so pathetic, i'm thinking you have to pick qb in first round.

IlluminatusUIUC
10-31-2012, 11:37 AM
little i've seen of EJ, he isn't very accurate. i think the bills need a qb or two added to the current 3 jokers. but someone has to be of starter material and since the crop of qb's looks so pathetic, i'm thinking you have to pick qb in first round.

He's #7 in the country in completion % with 70% and #1 in the country in Y/A. He has never had a season below 65%. (http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct)

I'm talking myself into Manuel in the first more every day.

DraftBoy
10-31-2012, 12:16 PM
Not sure who saw this or not, but this is a feature we had on BBD on Manuel earlier this week;
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/215103-BBD-Why-EJ-Manuel-is-the-perfect-QB-for-the-Bills

jdaltroy5
10-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Although I've been very vocal about wanting a QB, the only way I wouldn't completely give up on this regime is if they take a LB. Teams just play pitch and catch over the middle of the field with us all day.

I would still be VERY disappointed if we had a crack at the second best QB in the draft and we passed on him.

jdaltroy5
10-31-2012, 12:30 PM

There's a problem with that mentality of waiting for a QB though.

They generally go a lot higher than people expect. Well all hoped players like Russell Wilson, Ponder, Dalton, etc... would fall to a lower round where their perceived "value" was so we didn't have to reach. It rarely happens and if it does (Quinn, Clausen, etc...) there's usually a reason for it.

If you like a QB and you think he can be a franchise player, then take him in the first.

No need to play games and try to get cute.

Dr. Lecter
10-31-2012, 12:46 PM

You are wrong. Accuracy is his strength.

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Depends on where they pick and who's available. Plus, if a guy like Rivers or Romo did become available via trade I would expect Nix and Gailey to pursue that pretty hard. They really can't afford another losing season, which a rookie would most likely bring.

Gailey won't be here next year.

billsburgh
10-31-2012, 01:53 PM

we can only hope :pray:

Ed
10-31-2012, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't count on it.

Plus, Nix will still be here and he makes the personnel decisions.

BertSquirtgum
10-31-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't care if Nix is still here. He has brought in talent and this rancid coaching staff has made them look like scrubs.

DesertFox24
11-01-2012, 07:30 AM
I do not want Barkley at all and Wilson is starting to look like Brohm version 2, sucks without Petrino makes you wonder.

Personally I go best defender with first pick and then trade up to bottom half and hope to get EJ Manuel, with the plan to not play him for two seasons and develop him and his mechanics with David Lee.

All this is of course hoping the Nix Gailey regime get their act together and show Ralph and the fans enough to say they can right this ship.

However, as our recent history has proven this is probably this worst bet.

DesertFox24
11-01-2012, 07:34 AM
Gailey has made our offense look good the problem is he needs to relinquish play calling duties and get more involved with the defense.

Right now he is just an O Coord and Dave is the head coach of defense, this is clearly not working.

mysticsoto
11-01-2012, 08:03 AM

Bills pick 13th

You're crazy!!!

While a nice OLB would fill a void, Fitz is the bigger void and you let a good prospect slide past us! Unforgiveable. You can find decent LBs in the middle rds...how often do you find decent QBs in the middle rds?

The defense is underperforming b'cse of coaching right now - not b'cse we don't have the personnel. Grab a QB in the 1st, top LB/CB/WR in the middle rds and OL depth afterward. That would be my plan of attack...

clumping platelets
11-01-2012, 05:44 PM
If the 1st 12 picks go that way, do you believe the Bills could trade down to allow another team to draft Barkley and we still get the OLB later in rd 1?

I like Landry Jones..........what are your thoughts on him DB?

:tap:

DraftBoy
11-01-2012, 06:17 PM
:tap:

Sorry...Im not a fan. He's not good in the pocket under pressure, and tends to get rattled very easily. He has a strong arm, and presents good accuracy with a clean pocket. Mid Round guy who I'd avoid.