PDA

View Full Version : Is there a reason the Bills never addressed the $20,000 injury fine ?

Skooby
10-30-2012, 08:37 PM
The Bills were punished $20,000 along with a few other teams for not disclosing Mario's wrist injury (Harbaugh did & said it won't happen again), so why haven't the Bills responded with a answer for that error??

coastal
10-30-2012, 08:40 PM
I know. I know.

Albany,n.y.
10-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Because Ralph is so loose with his money that spending $20,000 on a fine is like you or I losing a penny on the ground.

feldspar
10-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Because they paid it and moved on. What do you expect them to do, make a statement about it? I didn't hear any reporter ask about it...did you?

Skooby
10-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Harbaugh's response:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/29/harbaugh-says-ravens-will-list-all-injuries-in-the-future/

better days
10-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Well, the Skins were fined as well, what is their response?

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Who cares?

Skooby
10-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Who cares?

I care because if we're getting fined, the staff made a mistake. Ralph is not going to make any reports, so who exactly do we blame for this error? There's been many errors, on the field & on the paperwork.

We need to get our S-together, mistakes are emanating from all aspects of our club.

ServoBillieves
10-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Dude... please stop making threads.

Did you want ESPN or NFL.com to have a breaking news story as to why the Bills didn't tell the public about MW's skinned knee? They wouldn't report it even if it was said, because the public and the majority here don't care.

Please stop.

Turf
10-30-2012, 09:47 PM
They're taking a collection. Ralph doesn't know yet and no one wants to tell him. SSHhhhhhhhhh

YardRat
10-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Tequila Sunrise.

Did I win anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Oooops. Wrong thread.

BertSquirtgum
10-30-2012, 10:46 PM
I care because if we're getting fined, the staff made a mistake. Ralph is not going to make any reports, so who exactly do we blame for this error? There's been many errors, on the field & on the paperwork.

We need to get our S-together, mistakes are emanating from all aspects of our club.

No one cares except you. Just another stupid ass thread made for attention or maybe to fill some sort of void in your life. Please stop.

trapezeus
10-31-2012, 10:45 AM
i think it's a fair question. i don't even know the extent of this injury report situation. was NE on the list of offenders? Belicheat is always hiding this stuff. i'm sure they are scott free.

Bills get fined for trying to get an advantage that they can't even exploit. classic.

Skooby
10-31-2012, 11:24 AM
i think it's a fair question. i don't even know the extent of this injury report situation. was NE on the list of offenders? Belicheat is always hiding this stuff. i'm sure they are scott free.

Bills get fined for trying to get an advantage that they can't even exploit. classic.

Accountability is in short-supply at OBD.

OpIv37
10-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Because Ralph is so loose with his money that spending $20,000 on a fine is like you or I losing a penny on the ground.

Well Ralph is a penny-pincher, but fining an NFL team $20k is like fining most of us $10. We don't really want to part with $10 over something so stupid, but at the same time, $10 isn't enough to make us overly concerned about not letting it happen again.

EricStratton
10-31-2012, 12:09 PM
The Bills did address it by paying a fine and moving on.

The reporting policy is a moving target, Buffalo gets fined for not listing a player who missed no practice or game time, the Skins got fined for not reporting an injury quick enough during a game and the Ravens got fined for not listing a player they didn't know was injured.

I guess the NFL is so in bed with the gamblers that they need everything listed there is.

stuckincincy
10-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Well Ralph is a penny-pincher, but fining an NFL team $20k is like fining most of us $10. We don't really want to part with $10 over something so stupid, but at the same time, $10 isn't enough to make us overly concerned about not letting it happen again.

Yep. It's small peanuts compared to alerting the competition. Years ago ,in an opposite move, CIN played WR Peter Warrick who was on the injury list.
At the time, the assessed fine was 10K.