PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going to Say It -- The Hell With Chan's Complicated Playbook

SpikedLemonade
10-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Shouldn't a good offense be simpler than that?

Does it really require a Harvard educated QB to understand?

I am tired of hearing how this QB or that QB could never grasp Chan's playbook.

Perhaps the problem isn't with the QB but with Chan's poor design of an Offense.

jimmifli
10-31-2012, 03:48 PM

Perhaps the problem isn't with the QB but with Chan's poor design of an Offense.

Kordell Stewart went to Harvard.

trapezeus
10-31-2012, 03:50 PM
how complicated can the playbook be. 1st down, throw out pattern. 2nd down, hand off to cj, 3rd down, bubble screen. 4th down punt.

I picked up the playbook, and i don't even have the playbook.

SpikedLemonade
10-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Kordell Stewart went to Harvard.

LOL

jimmifli
10-31-2012, 05:09 PM
LOL
What I mean is that Chan is obviously capable of adapting his playbook. He chose not to for Vince and apparently TJax as well (if we believe that's the reason he's inactive).

IlluminatusUIUC
10-31-2012, 05:19 PM
I don't think the PB is 'complex' only for the benefit of the QB, I think it's also 'complex' for the benefit of the wideouts. Rather than a simplified playbook where we have to rely on Jones and Graham beating tight coverage - we just spread them out and run connected routes to spring one of them open.

If we were in a system without all those smoke and mirrors, I think the weaknesses of our flankers would be seriously exposed.

Turf
10-31-2012, 06:52 PM
At least we don't have to worry about Wannys playbook - 3 plays. Learn each one and stand there.

Mr. Miyagi
10-31-2012, 06:59 PM

I don't know where you're getting this from. And simpler isn't always better.

Not sure why you're taking issue with something that you drew out of nowhere. But glad you're upset.

Night Train
10-31-2012, 07:08 PM
I wish Chan would grasp winning.

Beebe
10-31-2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah like the defense they made it SIMPLER and that went well.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah like the defense they made it SIMPLER and that went well.

MikeInRoch
11-01-2012, 12:53 AM
I sure blame the offensive playbook for the loss to the Titans. Riiiight.

Extremebillsfan247
11-01-2012, 05:00 AM
The play book is not complicated. When a player has been in the league long enough, he has seen just about everything. What trips players up isn't the playbook, but the terminology, ie: how the play is translated, called out in a huddle, audibles etc. The terminology is complicated for a reason. You can thank incidents like the Patriots scandal for that. JMO

mrbojanglezs
11-01-2012, 07:04 AM
I don't think it's complicated just a lot of combinations. Lot of formations motions and interchangeability with the WR routes.

RedEyE
11-01-2012, 07:32 AM
I don't think there is anything wrong with Chan's playbook. Yes, some of his calls at specific times have been questionable, but the running game is 4th best in the league. The problem on offense, plain and simple, is getting more out of the QB position.

Fitz's play has been putrid since he signed the contract last season. If Fitz can get back to where he was before signing the contract the offense becomes 10 x better.