PDA

View Full Version : "At least one more year"

Yasgur's Farm
11-03-2012, 08:25 AM
I guess that puts an end to that debate.
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=408683

Hired by Nix in 2010, Gailey has a 13-26 record in Buffalo. Nix also revealed that Gailey has at least one more year left on his contract, something the team had previously refused to discuss.

X-Era
11-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Whether it's a popular opinion or not, I'm glad.

I want us to stick with him and add a few more pieces.

In my opinion, he's not our problem.

"I hope I can put that to rest," Nix said. "It's the age-old thing, and they've done it around here for years. They start over about every three years. What that does is make damn sure that you don't make it. That's what it does."

I totally agree with him. We've tried that over and over and failed.

Yasgur's Farm
11-03-2012, 08:39 AM
I agree X.

X-Era
11-03-2012, 09:03 AM
If you listened to his PC, Nix has zero plans to replace Gailey and it's well beyond this next year. He says he has no interest in rebuilding. He doesn't want to start over and possibly lose 6 years (two rebuilds) versus 3.

I agree with it. Were not far enough away to need a rebuild. Were close. We need a stud LB or two and a young franchise QB. Add in a year of experience for our very young CB's and we will be better. Do we need a new DC and scheme? Probably. But, I'd like a different 4-3 philosophy rather than a total rebuild. Hell, I feel like if we just improved our Nickel through roster changes or scheme changes, we might have won 2 more games.

Better LB'ing will drastically improve both the run and underneath, flats, and intermediate coverage. A guy like Te'o could have a huge positive impact alone. His penchant for picks and fiery play could be just what we need. Just a few players in a few areas could get us over the hump. I just don't want to blow it up yet. I want another few years.

In the end I want to see what we can make of what we've got and can have. I wanted this year to be a playoff year but we may be one year away still. No, I don't want perpetual excuses. But, I think were much closer than our record indicates and that we can get there by the end of next season.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/14687123.php?contentType=4&contentId=11756608

SABURZFAN
11-03-2012, 10:35 AM
Gailey's record as a HC reminds me of JP Lossman's record as a starting QB. :anvil:

Skooby
11-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Gailey's record as a HC reminds me of JP Lossman's record as a starting QB. :anvil:

Speaking of reminding, tell your Mom that she can shower before coming over next time.

Syderick
11-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Considering the Bills would probably pick some other retread as Head Coach, it's the scenario of go with the devil you know. Plus it looks like they're going after QB in the draft this off-season.

bigbub2352
11-03-2012, 11:21 AM
I think Chan should be gone and we start over with a new qb in the draft with a new gm and a new HC....i know the sediment that nothing will change until RW is gone or sells the team.

But CHan is 13-26 and Buddy Nix has whiffed alot in his draft and fa...I Know its only 3 years but its been a bad 3 years with two horrible losing streaks the last 2 seasons.

Hate to say it boys and girls but these guys suck and are out coached and out drafted on a regular basis

YardRat
11-03-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm OK with it...IMO we're only three personnel moves away from getting close...a MLB, a QB and a DC that's not a complete dumbass.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2012, 11:43 AM
If the Bills don't make the playoffs and Gailey is still here. My group of 8 won't be getting any season tickets next year. That's a total of 12. He's an awful head coach.

Albany,n.y.
11-03-2012, 12:06 PM
So it looks like the only way this team gets better is if Ralph sells or his age catches up to him.

BLeonard
11-03-2012, 12:12 PM
So it looks like the only way this team gets better is if Ralph sells or his age catches up to him.

...Which is what some of us have been saying for a while now...

-Bill

Mr. Pink
11-03-2012, 12:59 PM
If you listened to his PC, Nix has zero plans to replace Gailey and it's well beyond this next year. He says he has no interest in rebuilding. He doesn't want to start over and possibly lose 6 years (two rebuilds) versus 3.

No interest in rebuilding?!? Well that explains why we still suck because what we should be and should have been doing since he's been here is rebuilding.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2012, 01:02 PM

I agree with it. Were not far enough away to need a rebuild. Were close. We need a stud LB or two and a young franchise QB. Add in a year of experience for our very young CB's and we will be better. Do we need a new DC and scheme? Probably. But, I'd like a different 4-3 philosophy rather than a total rebuild. Hell, I feel like if we just improved our Nickel through roster changes or scheme changes, we might have won 2 more games.

Better LB'ing will drastically improve both the run and underneath, flats, and intermediate coverage. A guy like Te'o could have a huge positive impact alone. His penchant for picks and fiery play could be just what we need. Just a few players in a few areas could get us over the hump. I just don't want to blow it up yet. I want another few years.

In the end I want to see what we can make of what we've got and can have. I wanted this year to be a playoff year but we may be one year away still. No, I don't want perpetual excuses. But, I think were much closer than our record indicates and that we can get there by the end of next season.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/14687123.php?contentType=4&contentId=11756608

So, hopefully Buddy gets fired when they finish 6-10 again.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2012, 01:06 PM
So, hopefully Buddy gets fired when they finish 6-10 again.

The time to fire these guys is gonna be in 2 weeks when we give up another 80 points in back to back games, and another 1000 yards in back to back games. That and our record will 3-6 and playoffs will obviously be out of everyone's minds around here and in the organization.

You let these guys hang around past that and we'll string together some wins and it'll be shoved down all of our collective throats that the team progressed at the end of the year.

Lone Stranger
11-03-2012, 01:30 PM

"I hope I can put that to rest," Nix said. "It's the age-old thing, and they've done it around here for years. They start over about every three years. What that does is make damn sure that you don't make it. That's what it does."

You can dream all you want. I'm ready to drop my season tickets which I have had for 40 years. How you can think that we have made progress under the current regime is beyond me. The record speaks for itslelf.

better days
11-03-2012, 02:08 PM
If the Bills don't make the playoffs and Gailey is still here. My group of 8 won't be getting any season tickets next year. That's a total of 12. He's an awful head coach.

Well, if you have crappy seats it won't matter, but if you have seats you like, you may not get seats that good again when you want them.

X-Era
11-03-2012, 03:22 PM
You can dream all you want. I'm ready to drop my season tickets which I have had for 40 years. How you can think that we have made progress under the current regime is beyond me. The record speaks for itslelf.Thats OK. Do it.

If it works, and Nix made the right choice, in a year you'll be back.

Albany,n.y.
11-03-2012, 03:52 PM
You can dream all you want. I'm ready to drop my season tickets which I have had for 40 years. How you can think that we have made progress under the current regime is beyond me. The record speaks for itslelf.
I had seasons for over 20 & dropped them this year (At one point I made every non pre-season home game from mid 1990-November 2007). It would have been a lot tougher to bite the bullet if I wasn't 295 miles away. I'd probably still have them if I lived in WNY. It's got to be tough to be that close & stop going on gameday. On the other hand, it's also got to be tough to go & watch meaningless game after meaningless game. Although many didn't realize it at the time, that home opener against the worst team in then NFL (KC) was as meaningless a win as just about any they've ever had. I just couldn't see the value in attending that game-it was the 1st time I missed the home opener since 1989 and I've been to 27 home openers over the years.
What happens is that as we get older, we realize we may never see a championship in our lifetime. Look at the Jets & Vikings. The Jets haven't been to the Super Bowl in 43 years, the Vikings haven't made it in 35 years. The Detroit Lions haven't been to any of the 46 Super Bowls. If we end up following that path it could be more than 25 years before the Bills get back, if they ever do as the Buffalo Bills. I'm going to be 59 soon, another 25 years would put me at 84, maybe unable to walk, like my father was at that age, or dead.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 04:39 PM

Damn you must really wear the Bills rose colored glasses or for some reason really love proven failures in the most important spots on an NFL team like GM, HC and QB.

Gailey is a proven loser. He isn't a young first time coach where it might take some time. The dude is 60 years old and was fired after only two years as a HC in the NFL and nobody else wanted to touch him with a 10ft pole after that. He even failed as a college HC after he had to bolt the NFL for another chance. I guess the Bills are smarter then everyone else though. That is why we have one winning season in the past 13 years.

When you know you have a dud you replace it. Waiting another year just for the same results only sets you back one more season. We stuck with Jauron for a 4th year too and how did that work out? Jauron was even more successful then Gailey has been as our HC.

The new choice might not work out but you have to at least try and find an upgrade. Sticking with a proven loser isn't going to get you anywhere. I don't take much stock in the opinion of Buddy Nix anymore either. What has this bum ever done? His drafts in Buffalo have been putrid so far and our team is even worse then it was when he took over. He couldn't even get a GM job until he was 70 years old. That should tell you something there too when nobody else wanted him after all of these decades. Once again I guess the Bills are smarter then everyone else on him too.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Well, if you have crappy seats it won't matter, but if you have seats you like, you may not get seats that good again when you want them.

I don't care if I ever walk in the stadium again. If the Bills don't make the playoffs this year, I'm done buying tickets.

X-Era
11-03-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't care if I ever walk in stadium again if the Bills don't make the playoffs this year.
Nothing personal but I'm not that worried about whether you buy season tickets or not. Just me.

X-Era
11-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Damn you must really wear the Bills rose colored glasses or for some reason really love proven failures in the most important spots on an NFL team like GM, HC and QB.

Gailey is a proven loser. He isn't a young first time coach where it might take some time. The dude is 60 years old and was fired after only two years as a HC in the NFL and nobody else wanted to touch him with a 10ft pole after that. He even failed as a college HC after he had to bolt the NFL for another chance. I guess the Bills are smarter then everyone else though. That is why we have one winning season in the past 13 years.

When you know you have a dud you replace it. Waiting another year just for the same results only sets you back one more season. We stuck with Jauron for a 4th year too and how did that work out? Jauron was even more successful then Gailey has been as our HC.

The new choice might not work out but you have to at least try and find an upgrade. Sticking with a proven loser isn't going to get you anywhere. I don't take much stock in the opinion of Buddy Nix anymore either. What has this bum ever done? His drafts in Buffalo have been putrid so far and our team is even worse then it was when he took over. He couldn't even get a GM job until he was 70 years old. That should tell you something there too when nobody else wanted him after all of these decades. Once again I guess the Bills are smarter then everyone else on him too.

He is? Then why was he a proven winner everywhere (except Samford 5-6) before here? Please do your homework.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Nothing personal but I'm not that worried about whether you buy season tickets or not. Just me.

The Bills' front office will be. I would be willing to bet that there are plenty of long time fans that have had enough of this terrible organization and won't be renewing next year. Unless, by some miracle, the Bills make the playoffs.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Buddy nix apparently sees Gailey being here for years to come to develop the new draft pick. I don't see how all of these clowns aren't fired after the season is done if the Bills finish 7-9 or worse.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000089420/article/ryan-fitzpatrick-has-a-future-with-buffalo-bills-gm-says

Also, in that video they show a play from the San Fran game. You can see that lazy turd Dareus just sit there like a fat slob. I think it's around the 3:15 mark.

djjimkelly
11-03-2012, 05:47 PM
i like gailey hes been getting a fitz led O to score 25 + alot

if he had a real qb and a d watch out

i like chan! i dont agree with his calls 100% of the time but there is no coach in the world i agree with 100%

chan isnt the issue he needs a d coordinator to pair up with

X-Era
11-03-2012, 05:52 PM
The Bills' front office will be. I would be willing to bet that there are plenty of long time fans that have had enough of this terrible organization and won't be renewing next year. Unless, by some miracle, the Bills make the playoffs.
No offense but the Bills aren't worried if you don't buy season tickets.

We still sellout almost every game.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2012, 05:56 PM

I know the Bills don't give a **** about me. There will be plenty of people besides me not renewing season tickets next year if Gailey is still here.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why the Miami game is still not sold out?

X-Era
11-03-2012, 06:01 PM
I know the Bills don't give a **** about me. There will be plenty of people besides me not renewing season tickets next year if Gailey is still here.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why the Miami game is still not sold out?Tell you what. If the Miami game doesn't end up being sold out I'll give you 5K ZB's.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 06:47 PM

Really? My local channel must have been wrong with all of them blackouts every season. The news media must have also been wrong about not the Miami game still not being sold out as of a couple weeks ago.

If we're having trouble selling out the Miami game then just wait until we're 4-7. Our last 4 home games will probably be blacked out. At least 3 of them. We sure do a great job at selling out our games though lol

Mike
11-03-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm OK with it...IMO we're only three personnel moves away from getting close...a MLB, a QB and a DC that's not a complete dumbass.

Getting close to what? .500

Unless the Bills get the next P. Willis and Tom Brady, they WONT be contenders. Even with a Franchise QB and an all star lineup -ala the Colts- they will still need a Top Coach in order to win the Big One otherwise they will turn into the Chargers -tons of talent that goes nowhere. In any case, Chan wont cut it, weather the Bills have a bunch or ****ty players or a bunch of All-Stars, you still need a top caliber coach to win the big one.

X-Era
11-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Really? My local channel must have been wrong with all of them blackouts every season. The news media must have also been wrong about not the Miami game still not being sold out as of a couple weeks ago.

If we're having trouble selling out the Miami game then just wait until we're 4-7. Our last 4 home games will probably be blacked out. At least 3 of them. We sure do a great job at selling out our games though lol

Yes we do.

6 blackouts in the past two years and none this year so far.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-choose-to-stay-the-course-on-optional-blackout-policy/faf794e4-beea-40f4-9a0a-7be979bcd88f

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 07:33 PM
He is? Then why was he a proven winner everywhere (except Samford 5-6) before here? Please do your homework.

A proven winner everywhere else? Damn you really are blind with them rose colored glasses on. They really have you drinking the Kool-Aid. You probably thought many of are other coaches were good at one point or another too. Lets go back though his coaching career in Division 1 NCAA and professional football. Maybe you should do your homework.

Head Coaching Record with Birmingham Fire of the World League

He went 12-9-1 in two seasons as a HC in the World League. Very tough league so I can see the average record there.

NFL Head Coaching Career Record

Total record of 31-40 as a HC in the NFL. Fired after 2 seasons as a HC in Dallas. Went on to be an OC for two more years before heading to the NCAA because nobody else wanted him as a HC.

NCAA Head Coaching Career Record at Georgia Tech

In six years as HC at Georgia Tech he had a great and successful career record of 44-32. In only one of the six seasons did he win more then 7 games at Georgia Tech. In four of the years he had 5 losses and the other two years he had 6 losses. He was also only 2-3 in Bowl Games and never had a team ranked in the Top 25. He also had one poor season with Samford. Who the hell is Samford? LOL

After getting fired at Georgia Tech for poor performance he went back to the NFL where he spent one year as OC of the Kansas City Chiefs. In his one season with the Chiefs his offense was ranked 24th in yards and 26th in points. He was subsequently fired again after lasting only one year as an OC in his return to the NFL.

He didn't have a job for the 2009 season and then finally after 12 years later the only team who would think about hiring him as a HC was the Bills. Since taking over for the Bills his record in Buffalo is 13-26. He has only lost twice as many games as he has won in Buffalo but that's not too bad.

Conclusion

Maybe you should do your homework. Either that or just block out his history from the homework already provided to you. That is unless you consider 1 winning season out of 5 as a HC in the NFL a success and a career losing record along with losing twice as many games in Buffalo then he has won to this point.

Or maybe you consider 5 and 6 loss seasons and never finishing with a ranked team in the NCAA with Georgia Tech a success. Last time I checked 5 or 6 losses is good in the NFL but not the NCAA.

There is a reason why nobody would even consider him as a HC in the NFL for 10 years until Buffalo came calling. Even while he was commanding all of them great unranked teams with 5 and 6 losses at Georgia Tech there still wasn't anybody in the NFL who wanted him. How many coaching changes were made in 6 seasons while he was there? At least around 25 give or take and nobody wanted him.

If this is what you consider a proven winner everywhere else as a HC then you have very low standards and everyone should disregard any glowing statements you make to defend his illustrious head coaching career. Now if you wish you can go do some more homework into the great head coaching career of Chan Gailey. A sure fire 1st ballot Hall of Fame coach.

Typ0
11-03-2012, 07:36 PM
These guys are bums. Chan has been losing us games. Coaches don't belong losing games it's hard enough on the players. That people defend them is really entertaining.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes we do.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-choose-to-stay-the-course-on-optional-blackout-policy/faf794e4-beea-40f4-9a0a-7be979bcd88f

Damn you accept mediocrity pretty damn good. Not only do you accept it you claim it as being successful. These have to be the worse attempts I've seen in a while.

Only six blackouts in the past two years? You consider selling out just over half of our games a success? Yeah that's not very bad at all. We're doing a great job of packing the stadium "almost every game" :rolleyes:

As far as this year goes I would sure hope we would sell out the three games that we've had at home so far this season with a great 1-2 record in them games. We will have at least 3 more blackouts this year too if not 4 of them.

You should really quit commenting on this subject. You are making yourself look worse with every post you make trying to defend this junk product on the field. Whether it's our great success of selling out games or Chan Gailey being a proven winner everywhere he has been it hasn't been a good night for your facts.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Tell you what. If the Miami game doesn't end up being sold out I'll give you 5K ZB's.

If they don't sell out out the 4th home game of the season which is the first time we have had a home game aired on national television in years that will really be pathetic. I'm almost willing to bet that game sells out unless we get totally killed the next two weeks. Really going out on a limb with this prediction.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 07:50 PM
i like gailey hes been getting a fitz led O to score 25 + alot

if he had a real qb and a d watch out

i like chan! i dont agree with his calls 100% of the time but there is no coach in the world i agree with 100%

Chan is the one who picked his DC so yeah he created the issue he is currently in. That is part of being a HC. The HC's job is also to oversee the entire "team" and not just the offense or his specialty and then have somebody else on their own in charge of the defense or other unit.

What you just said is a perfect example of why he shouldn't be anything more then an OC and why 30 other NFL teams have thought the same thing after he was fired with the Cowboys and never gave him a HC job.

BertSquirtgum
11-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Yes we do.

Really? You consider that selling out almost every game? There's only 7 games a year here. It's ****ing pathetic that the games don't sell out. The reason why is because the team always sucks and it's not getting better anytime soon.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Really? You consider that selling out almost every game? There's only 7 games a year here. It's ****ing pathetic that the games don't sell out. The reason why is because the team always sucks and it's not getting better anytime soon.

You mean selling out 4 of the 7 games at home isn't very good? Damn I thought that was considered a great job at putting fans in the seats. I would've thought it was at least Top 10 in the NFL when it comes to packing the stadium full. If it wasn't for the one game in Toronto then we would only be selling out half of our home games. Yeah we're doing a great job. This guy is losing all credibility with his defense of Gailey, Fitzpatrick, Nix and current state of this sad franchise.

This guy really amazes me. He is on a renegade parade trying to defend a 30 year old QB who has never had a winning season in the NFL and a 60 year old HC who has only had 1 winning season out of 5 in the NFL.

Gailey is one of the oldest HC's in the NFL and may be the oldest and yet he only has one winning season in his career. He is a "proven winner" to X-Era though. He may be the only one who considers him that.

Gailey isn't a young coach and Fitzpatrick isn't a young QB. If they haven't gotten it by now and had some successful seasons then they never will. Most coaches aren't even still coaching in their 60's but X and Buddy Nix thinks that the bulb is finally going to turn on and he will be a successful coach for many years to come.

X-Era
11-03-2012, 08:25 PM
You mean selling out 4 of the 7 games at home isn't very good? Damn I thought that was considered a great job at putting fans in the seats. I would've thought it was at least Top 10 in the NFL when it comes to packing the stadium full. If it wasn't for the one game in Toronto then we would only be selling out half of our home games. Yeah we're doing a great job. This guy is losing all credibility with his defense of Gailey, Fitzpatrick, Nix and current state of this sad franchise.

This guy really amazes me. He is on a renegade parade trying to defend a 30 year old QB who has never had a winning season in the NFL and a 60 year old HC who has only had 1 winning season out of 5 in the NFL.

Gailey is one of the oldest HC's in the NFL and may be the oldest and yet he only has one winning season in his career. He is a "proven winner" to X-Era though. He may be the only one who considers him that.

Gailey isn't a young coach and Fitzpatrick isn't a young QB. If they haven't gotten it by now and had some successful seasons then they never will. Most coaches aren't even still coaching in their 60's but X and Buddy Nix thinks that the bulb is finally going to turn on and he will be a successful coach for many years to come.Again, please do your homework. Nice try. Two NFL seasons as a HC before us. One was a winning seasons, one was a .500 season, both were playoff teams. Two seasons with Dallas, both playoff seasons... that's just the NFL and doesn't count his record with Georgia Tech. Not proven loser. That's just the facts.

And, defending a 30 year old QB? Please re-read. Theres a huge difference between saying were not being fair to Fitz and saying Fitz is all we need.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Again, please do your homework.

Two seasons with Dallas, both playoff seasons... that's just the NFL and doesn't count his record with Georgia Tech.

And, defending a 30 year old QB? Please re-read.

LOL. This truly is a sad attempt man. Break out the sniffing salt and wake up to reality.

One of them playoff seasons was with an 8-8 record and he lost both playoff games. He did such a great job that he was fired and wasn't offered another HC job.

And you seriously consider six years with 5 and 6 loss seasons without ever finishing in the Top 25 in rankings at the NCAA level a success? You seriously have to be kidding me. The sad thing is you're not.

I already knew the answers and didn't need to do the homework. It's the truth in the homework that you can't handle. I have yet to hear anybody consider getting fired from a bunch of 7-5 and 7-6 seasons at the collegiate level a success.

I always thought that 0-2 losses was a good season. Maybe even 3 losses but not 5 and 6 losses a season. I may be wrong though. Maybe every team does go into the season saying hopefully we only lose 5 or 6 games and not finish in the rankings this season.

This guy couldn't out coach at least 25 other coaches in COLLEGE in any season over a 6 year span but he is a proven success. You seriously need some help man. Either that or learn to accept the truth.

X-Era
11-03-2012, 08:36 PM
LOL. This truly is a sad attempt man. Break out the sniffing salt and wake up to reality.

One of them playoff seasons was with an 8-8 record and he lost both playoff games. He did such a great job that he was fired and wasn't offered another HC job.

And you seriously consider six years with 5 and 6 loss seasons without ever finishing in the Top 25 in rankings at the NCAA level a success? You seriously have to be kidding me. The sad thing is you're not.

I already knew the answers and didn't need to do the homework. It's the truth in the homework that you can't handle. I have yet to hear anybody consider getting fired from a bunch of 7-5 and 7-6 seasons at the collegiate level a success.

I always thought that 0-2 losses was a good season. Maybe even 3 losses but not 5 and 6 losses a season. I may be wrong though. Maybe every team does go into the season saying hopefully we only lose 5 or 6 games and not finish in the rankings this season.

This guy couldn't out coach at least 25 other coaches in COLLEGE over a 6 year span but he is a proven success. You seriously need some help man. Either that or learn to accept the truth.Losing is losing. Just that simple. If you want to hate the guy so be it. But the data is what it is. Outside of Samford, he's been a winner until he came to us. You try to paint him as a guy who hasn't done anything but that's just not true.

Out of our possible hires, he was a decent get IMO.

Regardless, if you can guarantee me that the next coach can turn this team into a playoff squad in less than 4 years I'd take it... But you can't and our history shows we fail when trying to do that.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Losing is losing. Just that simple. If you want to hate the guy so be it. But the data is what it is. Outside of Samford, he's been a winner until he came to us. You try to paint him as a guy who hasn't done anything but that's just not true.

Out of our possible hires, he was a decent get IMO.

Regardless, if you can guarantee me that the next coach can turn this team into a playoff squad in less than 4 years I'd take it... But you can't and our history shows we fail when trying to do that.

I guess if consider someone who has been fired 3 times in his career with one winning season and never winning a playoff game in the NFL and losing 5-6 games a year in college a success then you're entitled to your opinion. There isn't many other people out there who would think the same thing.

Sorry to burst your bubble but 5-6 losses a season isn't considered good in college football. That is considered a poor team that will sneak into one of the weakest Bowl games since half of the teams get a game since there is so many of them. You would think a great HC would eat them college guys alive in the ACC. I guess it wasn't his fault there either. He just needed better players. Wait you bring in your own players in college so he did pick his players.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Again, please do your homework. Nice try. Two NFL seasons as a HC before us. One was a winning seasons, one was a .500 season, both were playoff teams. Two seasons with Dallas, both playoff seasons... that's just the NFL and doesn't count his record with Georgia Tech. Not proven loser. That's just the facts.

And, defending a 30 year old QB? Please re-read. Theres a huge difference between saying were not being fair to Fitz and saying Fitz is all we need.

I think most people would agree that isn't a proven success. You even consider 8-8 a success and losing both playoff games and then getting fired. Talk about low expectations. Even with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. It must have been the horrible three HOF players he had.

And if you really consider 5-6 losses a season and going 2-3 in Bowl games a success at the college level then you seriously are blind and lack any credibility. That kind of record in the NCAA will get you fired which is why he was.

But hey we have a coach who had one winning season in the NFL and has been fired 3 times along with bad seasons by NCAA standards. You won't find very many of them. Oh wait there are tons of coaches that had one winning season in the NFL and a career losing record. I think even Wanny did. Maybe he should be a HC too. Even he had more success then Gailey.

X-Era
11-03-2012, 09:51 PM
I think most people would agree that isn't a proven success. You even consider 8-8 a success and losing both playoff games and then getting fired. Talk about low expectations. Even with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. It must have been the horrible three HOF players he had.

And if you really consider 5-6 losses a season and going 2-3 in Bowl games a success at the college level then you seriously are blind and lack any credibility. That kind of record in the NCAA will get you fired which is why he was.

But hey we have a coach who had one winning season in the NFL and has been fired 3 times along with bad seasons by NCAA standards. You won't find very many of them. Oh wait there are tons of coaches that had one winning season in the NFL and a career losing record. I think even Wanny did. Maybe he should be a HC too. Even he had more success then Gailey.Lol. I must have missed when we turned down the proven SB winning stud HC to take Gailey.

Your definition of loser would eliminate pretty much anyone we could actually hire... you do realize that right?

Gailey is far from a loser. His record at all levels proves he can win. Is he the right HC for us? Who knows. I think he's got what it takes to be what we need. I'd rather invest in a few more positions and see where that takes us than blow it all up and spend the next 3 years rebuilding to get to the same point. That's just me.

As I said, if you have something against the guy, so be it. Personally I can't stand Bill Belichump. No, I would never want him coaching our team. Is that logical? Probably not.

I'm not a Gailey homer, but I like his style and think he is just fine as a HC and can be a playoff caliber HC... he's already shown that. And considering who were likely to get if we can him, I'd rather just stick with who we have.

Mr. Pink
11-03-2012, 10:04 PM
It's funny how someone can even attempt to say 7-5 in the ACC is a success. That's all.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Lol. I must have missed when we turned down the proven SB winning stud HC to take Gailey.

Your definition of loser would eliminate pretty much anyone we could actually hire... you do realize that right?

Gailey is far from a loser. His record at all levels proves he can win. Is he the right HC for us? Who knows. I think he's got what it takes to be what we need. I'd rather invest in a few more positions and see where that takes us than blow it all up and spend the next 3 years rebuilding to get to the same point. That's just me.

As I said, if you have something against the guy, so be it. Personally I can't stand Bill Belichump. No, I would never want him coaching our team. Is that logical? Probably not.

I'm not a Gailey homer, but I like his style and think he is just fine as a HC and can be a playoff caliber HC... he's already shown that. And considering who were likely to get if we can him, I'd rather just stick with who we have.

I don't hate Chan Gailey. I hate him as the HC of my football team. OC? Sure but not the HC.

I see where you're coming from. There isn't anything in our 13-26 record that would make me believe he isn't a playoff caliber HC LOL

You're acting like this a 35-40 year old HC who is riding his first rodeo and all it will take him is some time. He is 60 years old. He either has it or he doesn't and it's not like he is a coach to build around for the next decade.

I think you hate Belichick because he is good. I don't care for his personality but I don't hate him and respect him for being a good coach. Look at what he's accomplished and he's younger then Gailey.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 10:19 PM
It's funny how someone can even attempt to say 7-5 in the ACC is a success. That's all.

Well you found somebody who does. I wouldn't think I would hear anybody from any conference consider that as a good record let alone the ACC. Coming from a Seminoles fan I realize how weak that conference has been for years and Chan still didn't have any success. Even if you were in the SEC that wouldn't be considered a success when you average almost 6 losses a season.

TrEd FTW
11-03-2012, 10:22 PM
It blows my mind that there are actually Bills fans in existence who are OK with this news. Wow. Continuity is utterly useless when you're leaving a horrible coach in place. The Bills have made zero progress under the Nix/Gailey regime in three years, and there's no reason to expect improvement in Year 4.

better days
11-03-2012, 10:30 PM
It blows my mind that there are actually Bills fans in existence who are OK with this news. Wow. Continuity is utterly useless when you're leaving a horrible coach in place. The Bills have made zero progress under the Nix/Gailey regime in three years, and there's no reason to expect improvement in Year 4.

Well, Change for the sake of change is even worse unless you can guarantee the next coach will be MUCH better than who he replaced.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Well, Change for the sake of change is even worse unless you can guarantee the next coach will be MUCH better than who he replaced.

There are never any guarantees unless somebody like Harbaugh, Belechick or McCarthy are going to leave their team and come coach the Bills. If you know that the HC, QB, or whatever position within the team isn't any good then you don't keep them around just for the sake of it either. If you don't try to improve then you definitely won't ever be any good.

That's why you need good people in the FO and ownership who are able to spot out the right coach or talent for the team. Unfortunately Ralph has failed once again with Nix which has lead us to hiring Gailey and only having a few decent players in three drafts.

TrEd FTW
11-03-2012, 10:36 PM
There are never any guarantees unless somebody like Harbaugh, Belechick or McCarthy are going to leave their team and come coach the Bills. If you know that the HC, QB, or whatever position within the team isn't any good then you don't keep them around just for the sake of it either. If you don't try to improve then you definitely won't ever be any good.

So much logic and common sense in this post. Well done.

BillsFever21
11-03-2012, 10:44 PM
Did the Ravens have any guarantees that they were going to get an upgrade when they fired a SB winning HC in Brian Billick and hired John Harbaugh instead? Did the Packers have any guarantees when they fired a perennial playoff team coached by Mike Sherman and hired Mike McCarthy instead?

Of course they didn't and there are many of them examples and we're talking coaches who had won a SB and consistently been in the playoffs. With the Bills we're talking about a 60 year old coach who only lasted 2 years as a HC the first time and then did horrible in college. Unless you consider 5-6 losses a year in college football a success. Not to mention losing twice as many games then he has won since taking over the job.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2012, 12:35 AM
Lol. I must have missed when we turned down the proven SB winning stud HC to take Gailey.

Have you been smoking the Buffalo blitz?

Billz_fan
11-04-2012, 01:36 AM
This is more crappy news. I never wanted Gailey to begin with. Said it then and I say it now. I also find it sad any Bills fan is ok with this. Even worse is it does not surprise me. Im sure they were all sitting around in a meeting and Buddy said Hell boys we may as well keep Chan for at least another year, nobody wanted this job when I hired him and I doubt that's changed Meeting adjourned.

Bums all of them. We just have to outlast the owner. It's all we have left.

Generalissimus Gibby
11-04-2012, 01:08 AM

Well ****, I knew I sensed impending fail a couple days ago, and now I know why. :D

Historian
11-04-2012, 04:58 AM

Yes, and then a real Head Coach to supervise them both.

better days
11-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Did the Ravens have any guarantees that they were going to get an upgrade when they fired a SB winning HC in Brian Billick and hired John Harbaugh instead? Did the Packers have any guarantees when they fired a perennial playoff team coached by Mike Sherman and hired Mike McCarthy instead?

Of course they didn't and there are many of them examples and we're talking coaches who had won a SB and consistently been in the playoffs. With the Bills we're talking about a 60 year old coach who only lasted 2 years as a HC the first time and then did horrible in college. Unless you consider 5-6 losses a year in college football a success. Not to mention losing twice as many games then he has won since taking over the job.

Billick lost his team just as Gruden lost his in Tampa. That is the reason they were fired. Gailey has not lost this team yet. We knew Jauron SUCKED & I was all for firing him, but Chan has the Bills scoring more points than many teams & with a crappy QB at that. I'm for giving him another year.

Night Train
11-04-2012, 06:40 AM
If Nix is asked to leave, then his proclamation means nothing.

It's just words in a news piece.

gebobs
11-04-2012, 07:05 AM

I'm not a Gailey homer, but I like his style and think he is just fine as a HC and can be a playoff caliber HC... he's already shown that.

2-12 in the division. How are you going to make the playoffs when you can only win 2 games in the division in 3 years?

X-Era
11-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Well you found somebody who does. I wouldn't think I would hear anybody from any conference consider that as a good record let alone the ACC. Coming from a Seminoles fan I realize how weak that conference has been for years and Chan still didn't have any success. Even if you were in the SEC that wouldn't be considered a success when you average almost 6 losses a season.
Reading comprehension guys. To be a loser one would have to have a losing record. No, I do not consider 7 and 5 in the ACC to be good. But it isn't a losing record.

X-Era
11-04-2012, 08:30 AM

That's why you need good people in the FO and ownership who are able to spot out the right coach or talent for the team. Unfortunately Ralph has failed once again with Nix which has lead us to hiring Gailey and only having a few decent players in three drafts.Ohh that's all? Well why haven't we just run over to the corner store and grabbed it?

We've been trying to do exactly that.

We've changed out the coaches over and over and it hasn't worked. I think just keeping him and adding a few more pieces might.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Ohh that's all? Well why haven't we just run over to the corner store and grabbed it?

We've been trying to do exactly that.

We've changed out the coaches over and over and it hasn't worked. I think just keeping him and adding a few more pieces might.

No

gebobs
11-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Reading comprehension guys. To be a loser one would have to have a losing record. No, I do not consider 7 and 5 in the ACC to be good. But it isn't a losing record.
How about 0-6 against Georgia and 2-4 in bowl games? Trust me when I tell you that no one here was the least bit impressed with one season with more than 7 wins.

X-Era
11-04-2012, 11:27 AM
How about 0-6 against Georgia and 2-4 in bowl games? Trust me when I tell you that no one here was the least bit impressed with one season with more than 7 wins.
That's good. The discussion was never about whether anyone was impressed with his wins or losses. It was about claiming he was a proven loser with no proof.

Typ0
11-04-2012, 11:45 AM
the problem with the "consistency theory" is that our organization sucks and players are not going to come here unless they are given a boat load of money...and we aren't dishing out that money to get that many good players. Our owner sucks we are the dreg landing place in the league. I don't care what mediocre coach you put into place and give consistency they are going to come up a loser because the tools are not at their disposal to overcome themselves....

X-Era
11-04-2012, 01:26 PM
the problem with the "consistency theory" is that our organization sucks and players are not going to come here unless they are given a boat load of money...and we aren't dishing out that money to get that many good players. Our owner sucks we are the dreg landing place in the league. I don't care what mediocre coach you put into place and give consistency they are going to come up a loser because the tools are not at their disposal to overcome themselves....If true everything you stated fits whether we stick with Gailey or not.

Mr. Pink
11-04-2012, 01:29 PM
If true everything you stated fits whether we stick with Gailey or not.

Yet the prior coach had a better W/L record here so there's still the ability to improve from what we're seeing the past 2 1/2 seasons even if what Typo says is 100% true.

If we're not gonna completely bottom out, which it's obvious we won't...I'd rather go 7-9 than 5-11 and lose 8 of the last 9 while doing it.

Marcala12
11-04-2012, 02:26 PM
That's good. The discussion was never about whether anyone was impressed with his wins or losses. It was about claiming he was a proven loser with no proof.

you think your posts have been good in this thread...but they have been some of the worst posts of any thread in any message-board in the history of the internet. some of the things you've been saying are sillier than anything anyone has ever said since people started talking about sports, and since people started speaking English.

the 5% of you deep down that is sane and rational must come out of hiding and slap the rest of you upside the head.

do i have your permission to put some of these incredibly stupid posts around the internet? they'll certainly go viral and many people recovering from Sandy will get a kick out of it, they really deserve a laugh and nothing can be funnier than the things you've said in this thread.

no matter what anyone will ever say on this board again, they simply can never be accused of saying the dumbest thing in board history, you've made sure of that here.

X-Era
11-04-2012, 02:56 PM
you think your posts have been good in this thread...but they have been some of the worst posts of any thread in any message-board in the history of the internet. some of the things you've been saying are sillier than anything anyone has ever said since people started talking about sports, and since people started speaking English.

the 5% of you deep down that is sane and rational must come out of hiding and slap the rest of you upside the head.

do i have your permission to put some of these incredibly stupid posts around the internet? they'll certainly go viral and many people recovering from Sandy will get a kick out of it, they really deserve a laugh and nothing can be funnier than the things you've said in this thread.

no matter what anyone will ever say on this board again, they simply can never be accused of saying the dumbest thing in board history, you've made sure of that here.
LOL.

Wow man... I'm glad I could provide you with something epic.

Mr. Pink
11-04-2012, 03:02 PM
I want to see another year of only running the ball 3 times in the entire second half too!!!!

Let me sign up for that.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I want to see another year of only running the ball 3 times in the entire second half too!!!!

Let me sign up for that.

Buddy and this whole circus needs to be fired after this season. The fact that Buddy feels Chan should be here for years to come says an awful lot about his judgement.

Typ0
11-04-2012, 03:39 PM
If true everything you stated fits whether we stick with Gailey or not.

Not really...Gailey is really bad. I was so pissed at 4th and 2 on the 32 but I have to wonder how good a fit GW might have been here for the last decade. He just really had a lack of talent and his guys tried to win every week and the guy only made some boneheaded calls but did a lot of things well too. He might have learned. I don't want to hear how he doesn't ahve a job now either those jobs are hard to come by. That is what we need here...a young guy with some passion in his best coaching years. What we have right now is total vomit I'm sorry. We need something with a little bit of a chance to finess a playoff team not what we have...

bluerosekiller
11-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Is Wilson the only guy that has the power to fire Nix & his "coach for years to come" Gaily?

BillsFever21
11-04-2012, 04:22 PM
13-27 with the Bills and a career NFL record of 31-43. Nope that isn't any proof of a losing coach. That is a great record. There is your proven losing record. But he had one season in Dallas with a winning record so he must be good. Wait he was fired from there too.

And this is the first person in history that I have heard call 5-6 loss seasons in college football a success. Them kind of record will get your fired. Oh wait he did get fired.

So X-Era is this proof of a losing coach? You said you need to have a losing record. That's definitely a losing record.

Mr. Pink
11-04-2012, 04:24 PM
13-27 with the Bills and a career NFL record of 31-43. Nope that isn't any proof of a losing coach. That is a great record. There is your proven losing record. But he had one season in Dallas with a winning record so he must be good. Wait he was fired from there too.

And this is the first person in history that I have heard call 5-6 loss seasons in college football a success. Them kind of record will get your fired. Oh wait he did get fired.

So X-Era

A 5-6 loss season in college football would be a success IF you were hammered by NCAA sanctions and lost all scholarships. :rofl:

X-Era
11-04-2012, 04:26 PM

So X-Era
His Cowboys team went to the playoffs both years he was there. I'd take that, regardless of the record.

Mr. Pink
11-04-2012, 04:29 PM
His Cowboys team went to the playoffs both years he was there. I'd take that, regardless of the record.

This is a what have you done lately league. Who gives a crap what he did in Dallas over a decade ago?

13-27 = LOSER. BUM. JOKE. GARBAGE. PATHETIC. FIRED.

X-Era
11-04-2012, 04:32 PM
This is a what have you done lately league. Who gives a crap what he did in Dallas over a decade ago?

13-27 = LOSER. BUM. JOKE. GARBAGE. PATHETIC. FIRED.The discussion was framed that we should have never hired a proven loser.

BillsFever21
11-04-2012, 04:33 PM

LOL. Damn you are something else. It doesn't matter how bad he is here and everywhere else but he had a winning record of 18-16 with Dallas 13 years ago so it's all good. He also didn't win a playoff game with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. Once again a perfect a example of accepting mediocrity as good.

I guess we should go out and hire Eric Mangini. He made the playoffs too with the Jets. Maybe we can bring Barry Switzer out of retirement since he made the playoffs before too. I'm done with this subject. It's impossible to win with somebody who needs to see a specialist about his concept of football.

Skooby
11-04-2012, 04:35 PM
What would a new coaching staff do worse than what we have now, play .250 ball? I can actually see a coach like Chucky coming in again like he did in Tampa & making us a winner. We have many talented pieces not being used properly, which will help a new coach make immediate improvements.

Chucky also won with a Fitz like QB, just for the record.

BillsFever21
11-04-2012, 04:37 PM
What would a new coaching staff do worse than what we have now, play .250 ball? I can actually see a coach like Chucky coming in again like he did in Tampa & making us a winner. We have many talented pieces not being used properly, which will help a new coach make immediate improvements.

Chucky also won with a Fitz like QB, just for the record.

No we need a coach that will "guarantee" us having a better record. We can't find a guarantee so we should stick with Gailey who has proven for years that he is a great coach. I mean we could end up firing him and only going 12-28 over our first 40 games instead of 13-27.

X-Era
11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
LOL. Damn you are something else. It doesn't matter how bad he is here and everywhere else but he had a winning record of 18-16 with Dallas 13 years ago so it's all good. He also didn't win a playoff game with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. Once again a perfect a example of accepting mediocrity as good.

I guess we should go out and hire Eric Mangini. He made the playoffs too with the Jets. Maybe we can bring Barry Switzer out of retirement since he made the playoffs before too. I'm done with this subject. It's impossible to win with somebody who needs to see a specialist about his concept of football.Seriously man. Please stop reading what you want from my posts.

I would never say his record here doesn't matter. It's the only thing that matters. This whole argument is about whether or not Gailey was a proven loser before he came here. IMO, that's just not true.

I simply want to see us follow a new path and keep him while we add a few more pieces. If he can't win with a legit QB and a solid defense than screw him, can him.

But I want to see what this team, with this offense, and with this HC can do with a legit QB at least before we go and blow everything up again. And, IMO, a legit ILB and OLB would do wonders for our defense. I think the scheme must change though as well. The coverage is setup way too soft.

Mr. Pink
11-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Seriously man. Please stop reading what you want from my posts.

I would never say his record here doesn't matter. It's the only thing that matters. This whole argument is about whether or not Gailey was a proven loser before he came here. IMO, that's just not true.

I simply want to see us follow a new path and keep him while we add a few more pieces. If he can't win with a legit QB and a solid defense than screw him, can him.

But I want to see what this team, with this offense, and with this HC can do with a legit QB at least before we go and blow everything up again. And, IMO, a legit ILB and OLB would do wonders for our defense. I think the scheme must change though as well. The coverage is setup way too soft.

Do you not realize that Gailey has handpicked these garbage DCs who call these pathetic schemes?

Or do you just simply not care because it doesn't fit your argument?

BillsFever21
11-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Seriously man. Please stop reading what you want from my posts.

He is the one who chose Fitzpatrick to be our starter. He is the one who chose Wanny to be our DC. You were saying?

BillsFever21
11-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Do you not realize that Gailey has handpicked these garbage DCs who call these pathetic schemes?

Or do you just simply not care because it doesn't fit your argument?

It's useless. It's like talking to a child. He believes Chan is a good HC even though all the evidence proves otherwise. He is losing more credibility with every post he makes to try and defend his insane stance.

X-Era
11-04-2012, 04:49 PM
It's useless. It's like talking to a child. He believes Chan is a good HC even though all the evidence proves otherwise. He is losing more credibility with every post he makes to try and defend his insane stance.
Easy.

X-Era
11-04-2012, 04:52 PM

Or do you just simply not care because it doesn't fit your argument?Yes I do. I'm not a fan of how he has ignored what the defense does by leaving it all up to Wanny. I hope he changes that. I want Wanny replaced with a legit DC.

He has no other option to Fitz. I hope that changes as well. I'm not so sure he will let Fitz screw up so bad when he has a legit option waiting in the wings. I'm anxious to see that play out.

Mr. Pink
11-04-2012, 04:57 PM
Yes I do. I'm not a fan of how he has ignored what the defense does by leaving it all up to Wanny. I hope he changes that. I want Wanny replaced with a legit DC.

He has no other option to Fitz. I hope that changes as well. I'm not so sure he will let Fitz screw up so bad when he has a legit option waiting in the wings. I'm anxious to see that play out.

He does have an option. We traded for a guy. He just refuses to even give TJax a shot. TJax is no worse than Fitz, he may be no better with the cast here but it's possible. Fitz is a failure, everyone should realize that right about now. This season is now a failure, everyone should also realize that about now. We're not a playoff team, we have no realistic playoff aspirations right now...try something different.

New QB. Someone else calling the D. Firing Wanny. Running the football.

If Chan is willing to make some changes and take a few chances down the stretch, I might be more willing to let him coach out his contract. If it's same old same old the rest of the way then he has NO business still being employed by the Buffalo Bills in 2013.

X-Era
11-04-2012, 05:00 PM
He does have an option. We traded for a guy. He just refuses to even give TJax a shot. TJax is no worse than Fitz, he may be no better with the cast here but it's possible. Fitz is a failure, everyone should realize that right about now. This season is now a failure, everyone should also realize that about now. We're not a playoff team, we have no realistic playoff aspirations right now...try something different.

New QB. Someone else calling the D. Firing Wanny. Running the football.

If Chan is willing to make some changes and take a few chances down the stretch, I might be more willing to let him coach out his contract. If it's same old same old the rest of the way then he has NO business still being employed by the Buffalo Bills in 2013.I agree with almost all of this. It could be that TJax is not ready still but I'd like to see Fitz benched the next time he plays poorly.

Spiller should be the full time starter, I agree. We should run more, I agree. Wanny should be gone, agree there too.

Typ0
11-05-2012, 09:54 AM
The only thing I need to know is this team hasn't had an NFL starting QB since Bledsoe...and in this league teams need TWO! We don't even have one. No coach has an excuse.

Mahdi
11-05-2012, 10:04 AM
I think Gailey needs to stay. He obviously needs to be more stubborn about running the ball and not bail on it too quickly but he has a good offense that is limited currently by the talent at QB and WR.

We need a big WR, a QB with a big arm and a QB or two on defense. We really need a MLB who is fast, physical and can diagnose plays. Shepp is not there yet, but its also his first year starting and in a new defense. I also am very uncertain about our safeties as they just don't fill very well in the run game and are also out of position too often on deep balls.

trapezeus
11-05-2012, 10:22 AM
the only regret i hvae about this year, knowing how it played out, is that hte 52 point game happened in buffalo. i would have rather seen that happen in NE so that this week we had the patriots in buffalo. So when we get absolutely smoked by the 2nd quarter and the empty stadium is just sitting there for Russ Brandon to view and for him to realize...he has done this.

Worst executive in the NFL and he's like lindy ruff...employed for life.