PDA

View Full Version : Guess what the average Fitz pass was today

Skooby
11-04-2012, 04:39 PM
What was Fitz's average pass attempt today?

Mr. Pink
11-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I'm gonna guess a little over 6 YPA.

Michael82
11-04-2012, 04:41 PM
I'm guessing about 5 yards. Fitz is pathetic! :ill:

coastal
11-04-2012, 04:42 PM
At least we have the Sabres... Oh wait.

BillsFever21
11-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Yeah a great job of play-calling today. Three trips down near the RZ and we never attempted one pass for the endzone.

Chan was coaching scared and hoping to try and keep the game close. Instead of trying to win it he was hoping somehow the Texans would lose it. I guess when you're not used to winning many games you don't have much experience in that category.

Skooby
11-04-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm gonna guess a little over 6 YPA.

Damn your good, 6.3 YPA on 38 passes. Spiller's average is about that so I can't see how we're going anywhere passing it considering that we can run for that amount with one player.

Mr. Pink
11-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Damn your good, 6.3 YPA on 38 passes. Spiller's average is about that so I can't see how we're going anywhere passing it considering that we can run for that amount with one player.

Oddly enough Fitz wasn't god awful terrible today. Better play calling and making a couple plays was the difference between winning and losing today. While Fitz didn't cost us this game, he didn't do enough to win it either and wasn't helped by a douchebag of a head coach who for whatever reason consistently won't run the football.

Skooby
11-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Oddly enough Fitz wasn't god awful terrible today. Better play calling and making a couple plays was the difference between winning and losing today. While Fitz didn't cost us this game, he didn't do enough to win it either and wasn't helped by a douchebag of a head coach who for whatever reason consistently won't run the football.

Why pass if you can run past your passing average?

Generalissimus Gibby
11-04-2012, 06:30 PM
So we get to see Tarvaris Jackson next week? I know, he'll suck too but I would enjoy even the appearance of effort to turn things around.

mrbojanglezs
11-04-2012, 06:35 PM
So we get to see Tarvaris Jackson next week? I know, he'll suck too but I would enjoy even the appearance of effort to turn things around.

we won't see him until after week 11 he has a 6 game active draft pick escalator (7th to 6th)

kishoph
11-04-2012, 07:17 PM
The Texans had so little respect for our passing game that they didn't even bring in a nickleback in passing situations, leaving the LB's in the game against 3 and 4 receiver sets, instead of bringing in a cornerback and they were right in doing so, considering that the passing game consist mostly of 4 yard passes.

OpIv37
11-04-2012, 07:22 PM

Agreed. This game wasn't on Fitz today. He is who he is and he's not going to win games for us. He had about the best game we could expect from him. The problem is he didn't have any help. The OL was blocking like ****, Stevie disappeared after the first quarter, Chandler had two drops, Jackson had a bad game..... the D was inconsistent and, as usual, couldn't stop the run. S/T missed a FG and gave up a big punt return.

Fitz only had one turnover, and it was trying to force something after the game was pretty much already decided. And his ball placement wasn't perfect but was far better than it's been in the past. Don't get me wrong- I still thing we have to do something about the QB position ASAP, but this one wasn't Fitz's fault.

DynaPaul
11-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Oddly enough Fitz wasn't god awful terrible today.

Only because he wasn't really given the chance to be.

trapezeus
11-05-2012, 07:32 AM
i wonder what his average per pass is when you take out that long spiller screen.

fitz is the problem. they threw one long pass and its no where close. and frankly, why they try once and then give up is insane to me. you now fitz has no accuracy on this. why not try it a couple times and hope he hits one or two of them in a game. instead of doing it once and then never again?

Mahdi
11-05-2012, 07:39 AM
I disagree. Fitz needs to make a play downfield. Not necessarily 40-50 yards but at least break the seems with 20-30 yarders and force them to ease out of their heavy run defense. Fitz didn't make mistakes but he also didn't make a play.

Skooby
11-05-2012, 07:43 AM
i wonder what his average per pass is when you take out that long spiller screen.

fitz is the problem. they threw one long pass and its no where close. and frankly, why they try once and then give up is insane to me. you now fitz has no accuracy on this. why not try it a couple times and hope he hits one or two of them in a game. instead of doing it once and then never again?

Much worse than every other NFL QB.

OpIv37
11-05-2012, 08:19 AM
I disagree. Fitz needs to make a play downfield. Not necessarily 40-50 yards but at least break the seems with 20-30 yarders and force them to ease out of their heavy run defense. Fitz didn't make mistakes but he also didn't make a play.

He's Fitz. He's not going to make a play.

Games like this are about the best performance he's capable of. The only way we are going to win with him is if the rest of the team shows up around him. They didn't.

Mahdi
11-05-2012, 08:26 AM
He's Fitz. He's not going to make a play.

Games like this are about the best performance he's capable of. The only way we are going to win with him is if the rest of the team shows up around him. They didn't.

I think we need to be a constant threat on the ground if we are going to win games. We didn't use our inside zone running game yesterday and it hurt our offense as it made us very one-dimensional. Fitz will always have trouble breaking down a defense when they are not afraid of our run.

gebobs
11-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Yeah a great job of play-calling today. Three trips down near the RZ and we never attempted one pass for the endzone.

Chan was coaching scared and hoping to try and keep the game close. Instead of trying to win it he was hoping somehow the Texans would lose it. I guess when you're not used to winning many games you don't have much experience in that category.
Last I checked, if you've got one of the best 1-2 punches at RB and the other team has a high-powered offense, you should run the ball.

The Bills and Chan: 16:38 run pass mix even while averaging nearly 5 yards per run.

gebobs
11-05-2012, 08:48 AM
5.7 YPA