PDA

View Full Version : coastal's 2013 All-Bills 5 round mock draft and off-season plan

coastal
11-04-2012, 07:07 PM
1.) Matt Barkley, QB USC - Pro ready, disciplined, already better than everything else on our roster... not Andrew Luck, but he isn't Ryan Fitzpatrick. In short... although he may drop a bit from the top 5 spot he was assured of at the beginning of the year, Matt is going to start from day 1 in Buffalo and be a welcomed stabilizing change for this franchise.

2.) Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame - Matt needs a second TE in addition to Chandler. We need to go back to a more traditional offense that focuses on our running backs, and moving the chains. What rookie QB doesn't like these safety outlets.

3.) Gerald Hodges, OLB PSU - We need to start replacing this unit and although not from WVU, he reminds me of Daryl Talley.

4.) Matt Scott, QB Arizona - He beat Barkley and would be the perfect backup to keep Barkley motivated.

5.) Braxston Cave, C Notre Dame - backup interior line depth.

Other offseason moves - Russ Brandon fired. Polian hired as CEO.

Nix, Gailey and Wanny all relieved of their jobs.

Doug Whaley promoted to GM.

coaching candidates - Tony Dungy, Chip Kelly

Skooby
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
I can live with this, like the blow-up doll you call a spinner wife.

YardRat
11-04-2012, 07:09 PM
I like the Scott pick better than the Barkley one. Swap out the next high-round bust from USC for Te'o in the first and I could live with the rest.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Russ Brandon being fired would be a dream come true.

coastal
11-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I like the Scott pick better than the Barkley one. Swap out the next high-round bust from USC for Te'o in the first and I could live with the rest.
Barkley is already better than Fitz. We need someone more than anything to stabilize the position.

Our total lack of talent is limiting this team every single week.

Scott isn't ready to start in the pros but is a gamer. He's a perfect third stringer behind Jackson.

Oaf
11-04-2012, 07:14 PM
You're ready to go into next season w/ the LBs we got?

YardRat
11-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Barkley is already better than Fitz. We need someone more than anything to stabilize the position.

Our total lack of talent is limiting this team every single week.

Scott isn't ready to start in the pros but is a gamer. He's a perfect third stringer behind Thigpen.

Barkley isn't **** until he straps on a big boy's jock strap. I'm not impressed.

coastal
11-04-2012, 07:17 PM
You're ready to go into next season w/ the LBs we got?
i like Bradham and I like Hodges.

bring in a free agent to round out the middle and pray we can make it work.

coastal
11-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Barkley isn't **** until he straps on a big boy's jock strap. I'm not impressed.
Im not saying hes the savior... but drafting for one is the way you kill a franchise.

btw... he can throw it past 10 yards.

mrbojanglezs
11-04-2012, 07:32 PM
i think it is pointless doing a mock draft without knowing the draft order and actually picking all the teams picks.

coastal
11-04-2012, 07:37 PM
i think it is pointless doing a mock draft without knowing the draft order and actually picking all the teams picks.
What is actually pointless is all of non-player moves I've proposed are even remotely realistic unless an ownership transition plan is under way.

as of now we have an owner on deaths door and a 1 year stadium lease extension.

no one of consequence is coming into this situation.

Owen DeBoard
11-04-2012, 07:57 PM
i like Bradham and I like Hodges.

bring in a free agent to round out the middle and pray we can make it work.
No way this team will compete with the LBs we have and a rookie QB. This team needs to draft the best MLB coming out in the draft and pick up a QB in free agency.

ICRockets
11-04-2012, 09:11 PM
I want us to do something like draft Manti Te'o in round 1 and EJ Manuel in Round 2. As for cleaning house, I completely agree. And I agree 100% on Chip Kelly as the new head coach. He's the #1 guy on my list right now.

X-Era
11-05-2012, 06:11 AM
I'd like Te'o over Barkley as well. But, Barkley isn't a total slouch. Like the Hodges pick. I am an Eifert fan, just not so sure we would take a TE that early.

I'd be good with your draft if you swapped someone like Kevin Reddick in for Tyler Eifert.

DraftBoy
11-05-2012, 07:22 AM
1.) Matt Barkley, QB USC - Pro ready, disciplined, already better than everything else on our roster... not Andrew Luck, but he isn't Ryan Fitzpatrick. In short... although he may drop a bit from the top 5 spot he was assured of at the beginning of the year, Matt is going to start from day 1 in Buffalo and be a welcomed stabilizing change for this franchise.

2.) Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame - Matt needs a second TE in addition to Chandler. We need to go back to a more traditional offense that focuses on our running backs, and moving the chains. What rookie QB doesn't like these safety outlets.

3.) Gerald Hodges, OLB PSU - We need to start replacing this unit and although not from WVU, he reminds me of Daryl Talley.

4.) Matt Scott, QB Arizona - He beat Barkley and would be the perfect backup to keep Barkley motivated.

I doubt you get Eifert in Round 2, Hodges isn't bad value in three, but you're reaching for Scott and Cave you could get as a FA at this point.

Barkley is a limited ceiling prospect who is the most pro ready, but may not be the guy who can win you a game by himself. He's been surrounded with incredible WR talent at SC, and he has continually made mistakes in the Lane Kiffin offense which is a big concern. He's a winner and has plenty of heart, but he's limited physically and that is going to scare some teams.

I dont think either Dungy or Kelly would leave for Buffalo but hey you never know.

SpikedLemonade
11-05-2012, 08:33 AM
What is actually pointless is all of non-player moves I've proposed are even remotely realistic unless an ownership transition plan is under way.

as of now we have an owner on deaths door and a 1 year stadium lease extension.

no one of consequence is coming into this situation.

AND that is THE problem.

Mouldsie
11-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Im not saying hes the savior... but drafting for one is the way you kill a franchise.

btw... he can throw it past 10 yards.
So he just chooses not to? Hi Trent.

SquishDaFish
11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
Oh **** your a ND fan too. Please tell me your not a fan of the bulls. i cant take a ****** like you as a fan of all my fav teams

Ingtar33
11-05-2012, 11:06 AM

you can be the bills gm. i like that draft... Te'o is going to be something special. He's one of only like 3 or 4 players i'd take over a QB at this point.

Though i'm not sure i'm sold on scott

kingJofNYC
11-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Man, lots of Te'o love. I've watched him for years, and this is easily his best, but I'm not sure he's worth a top ten selection. Maybe I'm missing something.

Bills probably have a shot at winning 2 more games, 3 tops if they get lucky. 5-10 range, take a DE or OL, Pears and Hairston are disposable. I also realized yesterday that we have no Guards signed past this season. Rinehart/Urbik/Levitre are all free agents.

Raptor
11-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Chip Kellys offense wont translate to the NFL. Its based on being faster and more athletic than everyone else. That is negated in the NFL

Tony Dungy, good one...

coastal
11-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Man, lots of Te'o love. I've watched him for years, and this is easily his best, but I'm not sure he's worth a top ten selection. Maybe I'm missing something.

Bills probably have a shot at winning 2 more games, 3 tops if they get lucky. 5-10 range, take a DE or OL, Pears and Hairston are disposable. I also realized yesterday that we have no Guards signed past this season. Rinehart/Urbik/Levitre are all free agents.
I realized this about our guards when I advocated drafting DeCastro. Then again I said resigning Greer was a #1 priority way back in the day...

But wtf do I know?

Im just a fan... and a Niners fan at that!

coastal
11-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Tony Dungy, good one...Yeah.. that would be awesome, but someone like that doesn't come here with Russ Brandon as CEO.

kingJofNYC
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I realized this about our guards when I advocated drafting DeCastro. Then again I said resigning Greer was a #1 priority way back in the day...

But wtf do I know?

I liked DeCastro too, as well as Zeitler, at least they took Glenn.

Warmack is probably better than DeCastro. Couple of good guards in this draft. Warmack/Cooper/Thomas, Thomas can play T too.

Buffalogic
11-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Dude Barkley sucks. He's such a Tim Couch it's disgusting

SquishDaFish
11-05-2012, 04:22 PM

But wtf do I know?

Then what the **** are you still here posting for?? Get ****ing LOST!

coastal
11-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Then what the **** are you still here posting for?? Get ****ing LOST!
What is your problem?

SpikedLemonade
11-05-2012, 06:41 PM
What is your problem?

Wagon wanna be.

SquishDaFish
11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
What is your problem?

Just you as a so called fan

coastal
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Just you as a so called fandude... bring something to the table outside of hating me or stfu.

X-Era
11-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Let's take it down a notch.

Skooby
11-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Get a room.

Mr. Pink
11-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Dude Barkley sucks. He's such a Tim Couch it's disgusting

Couch really wasn't that bad...he wasn't awesome but the Browns teams he was on weren't exactly set up for him to succeed.

He also did lead the Browns to the playoffs in 02 and broke his leg in the season finale vs the Falcons.

kishoph
11-06-2012, 03:47 AM
I want us to do something like draft Manti Te'o in round 1

In the past 12 years only 6 ILB's have been drafted in the 1st round, not saying that Manti Te'o won't be drafted in the first, but I don't see the Bills doing it. Also I think they have to go QB in the first, be it Barkley, Smith, or Wilson.

DraftBoy
11-06-2012, 06:05 AM
In the past 12 years only 6 ILB's have been drafted in the 1st round, not saying that Manti Te'o won't be drafted in the first, but I don't see the Bills doing it. Also I think they have to go QB in the first, be it Barkley, Smith, or Wilson.

At this point in the process, I would say the exact opposite will happen if the draft was tomorrow.

Night Train
11-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Luckily, there are 4-5 QB's worthy of a 1st Round selection in this draft. Outside of MLB Te'o of ND, I wouldn't consider anything else.

LB's and CB's to fill out the rest of the draft.

X-Era
11-07-2012, 05:35 AM
Luckily, there are 4-5 QB's worthy of a 1st Round selection in this draft. Outside of MLB Te'o of ND, I wouldn't consider anything else.

I honestly can't see more than 2.

coastal
04-13-2013, 03:45 PM

Might not be far off here on the draft stuff.

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-13-2013, 04:15 PM

I like your comments and suggestions but do you really think we could justify taking 2 QB's in the draft with so many holes to fill? Why not a WR and CB instead of another QB and Center. If you have to you, could take a WR and a Guard or WR and CB or S. One of those scenarios!

swiper
04-13-2013, 04:37 PM

WHAT are you talking about? There might be one: Geno Smith - and that being in the last half of the round. No one else is worthy of a first round selection.

pmoon6
04-13-2013, 04:45 PM
dude... bring something to the table outside of hating me or stfu.It's fun hating on ya. Some of us know you've got wide shoulders to handle it....and a wide ass.:D

coastal
04-13-2013, 04:55 PM
It's fun hating on ya. Some of us know you've got wide shoulders to handle it....and a wide ass.:D
I'm still younger than you mountain ranger.

pmoon6
04-13-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm still younger than you mountain ranger.HaHa, an old man shot?

I guess I have that comin'. If it wasn't for Geritol and wild game meat, I'd probably be pushin' up daisies.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-13-2013, 08:03 PM
WHAT are you talking about? There might be one: Geno Smith - and that being in the last half of the round. No one else is worthy of a first round selection.

Did you see the date on that post? He said that over five months ago. That's what the pre-draft grinder does to QB prospects. In November they look like slam dunks and by April apparently everybody sucks.

swiper
04-14-2013, 06:33 AM
LOL. I didn't, but it doesn't matter. None of these guys were 1st rounders at that point either. You'd have to go back a year for guys like Barkley and Wilson to be spoken about like that. Five months ago everyone knew that none of these QBs were very good.

coastal
04-14-2013, 06:56 AM
Barkley is a mid to late first round prospect.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-14-2013, 11:03 AM
LOL. I didn't, but it doesn't matter. None of these guys were 1st rounders at that point either. You'd have to go back a year for guys like Barkley and Wilson to be spoken about like that. Five months ago everyone knew that none of these QBs were very good.

I'm calling BS. Night Train's post was on November 6. On November 3rd, Barkley hosted the #2 Oregon Ducks and hung 5TDs and nearly 500 yards passing on them. Tyler Bray did the same on Troy. Geno Smith was sitting on a 29 to 3 TD/INT ratio. EJ Manuel's Seminoles were in the Top 10 with an outside chance at the National Title game.

This happens to every QB prospect outside of the Lucks and RG3s of the world.