PDA

View Full Version : The embarrassing part of todays game...

OpIv37
11-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Even though the Bills lost the game, they did more than I expected by keeping it close. They didn't get blown out in embarrassing fashion like they did against the Jets, Pats, and 49ers, and they didn't piss away a late lead like they did against Tennessee. It wasn't good, but it far better than the utter incompetence that I expected.

However there was one embarrassing area. We were outcoached, yet again. Mainly, I am talking about how we fell for Houston's misdirection plays. Every. Single. Time. I even saw the veteran Kelsay over-pursuing on a play-action bootleg and giving Shaub an unchallenged passing lane to the TE. Kelsay's in there for his experience, not his overall talent, but even he blew that.

They would run Foster to one side, then on the very next play, they would fake the same play and roll Shaub out and the ENTIRE defense was biting on it. and they didn't adjust the entire time.

It would be nice if we could go one game without being outcoached.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Gailey said in his press conference...."A lot of the time my heads buried in what's going on offensively" You're the head coach *******, you're supposed to be watching overseeing the entire team. This guy needs to be fired.

Skooby
11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
Even though the Bills lost the game, they did more than I expected by keeping it close. They didn't get blown out in embarrassing fashion like they did against the Jets, Pats, and 49ers, and they didn't piss away a late lead like they did against Tennessee. It wasn't good, but it far better than the utter incompetence that I expected.

However there was one embarrassing area. We were outcoached, yet again. Mainly, I am talking about how we fell for Houston's misdirection plays. Every. Single. Time. I even saw the veteran Kelsay over-pursuing on a play-action bootleg and giving Shaub an unchallenged passing lane to the TE. Kelsay's in there for his experience, not his overall talent, but even he blew that.

They would run Foster to one side, then on the very next play, they would fake the same play and roll Shaub out and the ENTIRE defense was biting on it. and they didn't adjust the entire time.

It's so obvious that we're doing nothing different in each half, the teams just wait to see what we do & kill us after the break. Can't we just change any aspect of what we're doing at any point during the game?

OpIv37
11-04-2012, 07:26 PM
I train MMA, and a lot of times we will use a certain punch or kick to set up the next hit. Hopefully it lands and does damage, but if not, it doesn't matter because it's all about setting up the power shot that's coming next.

It literally felt like that's what Houston was doing to us. They'd run Foster, and if he tore off 12 yards and got the first, good. If he got stuffed, who cares? They knew they'd have a wide open WR 15 yards down field on the play fake on the next play. It was ridiculous.

kingJofNYC
11-04-2012, 07:28 PM
A reporter asked Chan why Spiller didn't get more touches, Chan replied by saying the usual but also decided to add that the Texans played a defense that they weren't expecting them to play, and never adjusted. Basically admitted that he didn't adjust quick enough, his words and not mine.

Chan Failey

billsburgh
11-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Gailey said in his press conference...."A lot of the time my heads buried in what's going on offensively" You're the head coach *******, you're supposed to be watching overseeing the entire team. This guy needs to be fired.

the ******* coach thinks he's good enough to be both the head coach and offensive coordinator.

Mike
11-04-2012, 07:33 PM
It's so obvious that we're doing nothing different in each half, the teams just wait to see what we do & kill us after the break. Can't we just change any aspect of what we're doing at any point during the game?

Maybe they are doing player evaluation like the Redskins

Skooby
11-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Maybe they are doing player evaluation like the Redskins

Yeah, 13 years running.

BertSquirtgum
11-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Chump Failey.

BillsFever21
11-04-2012, 08:59 PM

That's the perfect example of why I said it then and have said it since that he is nothing more then an offensive coordinator. He has no business being a HC and there's a reason why nobody else wanted him except for the Bills.

How some can still defend this guy is beyond me. I'd take him as a OC anytime but he is in over his head as a HC. The HC controls the entire team. He just controls the offense and hopes everyone else is doing their job. He doesn't have a clue as to what it takes to run the TEAM and not just the offense.

G Wolly
11-04-2012, 11:33 PM
The play that got the biggest cheer outta my friends and I was Powell's punt that landed inside the 5.

Pathetic.

ZAZusmc03
11-05-2012, 01:32 AM
I wouldn't take the ******* as an OC either. 6 carries for CJ?!?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

I'll edit this because I believe his offense is good, but for Christ's sake, the play calling is terrible, so again, his offense I'd take, his play-calling, leave that **** at the door.

mush69
11-05-2012, 05:25 AM
I wouldn't take the ******* as an OC either. 6 carries for CJ?!?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

I'll edit this because I believe his offense is good, but for Christ's sake, the play calling is terrible, so again, his offense I'd take, his play-calling, leave that **** at the door.

How can ya say that his offense is good when they never seen the endzone yesterday? He took the ball out of CJ's hands in the second half and never even sniffed the smell of a TD.

Night Train
11-05-2012, 05:36 AM
We're losing respectively, ala Jauron teams.

This is what it's become again. But it's STILL a loss.

jamze132
11-05-2012, 05:47 AM
Inconceivable. How does the NFL leading RB I'm YPC get 6 rushes?

ParanoidAndroid
11-05-2012, 05:55 AM

The embarrassing part of the misdirection was the failure to cover a TE. When an entire offensive line goes one way, just like they do when they run, the d-line shifts to maintain gap integrity. There's no sniffing that out. It's more of a speed of recovery thing when the QB rolls out. The d-line was reacting, but the TE's were not being picked up in coverage. That was all on the inexperienced DB's. 100%

ParanoidAndroid
11-05-2012, 05:59 AM
The other note..... I am also losing any sort of confidence in Gailey's ability to lead. It seemed like he had sometthing going last year, but this year he looks lost.

Historian
11-05-2012, 06:56 AM
Inconceivable. How does the NFL leading RB I'm YPC get 6 rushes?

Almost reminds me of John Rauch trying to use OJ as a receiver to misdirect the opponent.

Mahdi
11-05-2012, 07:11 AM

Biting on the fakes IMO is not a function of coaching. Its a function of TRUST. The Bills D don't trust each other to make plays so basically every front 7 player is flying to the ball in an effort to stop the run. Kelsay should have more backside discipline but he knows how bad we are against the run and overflows to the ball. Same with the LBs.

DraftBoy
11-05-2012, 07:17 AM
How anybody is still surprised that Gailey doesn't know how to manage a two back system is beyond me. He's done a good job one time (v. Tennessee) of managing a dual threat backfield since we've had CJ. The biggest thing holding CJ back is Chan.

Skooby
11-05-2012, 07:44 AM
How anybody is still surprised that Gailey doesn't know how to manage a two back system is beyond me. He's done a good job one time (v. Tennessee) of managing a dual threat backfield since we've had CJ. The biggest thing holding CJ back is Chan.

The biggest thing holding the team back is Ralph.

OpIv37
11-05-2012, 08:07 AM
The embarrassing part of the misdirection was the failure to cover a TE. When an entire offensive line goes one way, just like they do when they run, the d-line shifts to maintain gap integrity. There's no sniffing that out. It's more of a speed of recovery thing when the QB rolls out. The d-line was reacting, but the TE's were not being picked up in coverage. That was all on the inexperienced DB's. 100%

And the LB's too. Overall I think Bradham had a good game but he continued the longstanding Buffalo tradition of having no one who can effectively cover a TE.