PDA

View Full Version : T. McGee and Pears to IR, Potter Cut

zone
11-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Easley promoted to 53 man roster and C. hogan to practice squad per V txt.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2012, 03:49 PM
And there are now two open roster spots. Time for the latest scrub OL and CB to be signed.

Watch them sign Stanford Routt. Sigh.

I feel bad for McGee. One of the few brights spots from the ineptness of the 90's.

The King
11-06-2012, 03:51 PM
I feel bad for McGee. One of the few brights spots from the ineptness of the 90's.
Except he was drafted in 03.

Potter was cut too.

kingJofNYC
11-06-2012, 03:52 PM
McGee's started 10 games since the 2009 season, he reached a contract extension in 2009 and started 10 games.

Extend McGee, let Greer go, 3 years later it looks like the guy we kept is going to be out of the league.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Except he was drafted in 03.

Potter was cut too.

Early 2000s. My decades of ineptness get messed up

Mr. Pink
11-06-2012, 03:55 PM
McGee shoulda been cut at least 2 years ago. He has no business still being here.

Dr. Lecter
11-06-2012, 03:56 PM
McGee shoulda been cut at least 2 years ago. He has no business still being here.

Except he was still better than what they had.

trapezeus
11-06-2012, 03:56 PM
right on time. the people who don't need to be Ir'd going on IR to bring in no names so we can claim they are on the upswing.

anyone still holding out hope that the season isn't over?

Mr. Pink
11-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Except he was still better than what they had.

He was a terrible man corner which is what we tried to do when we switched to more 3-4. Once we switched to the 3-4, he shoulda been shown the door and a replacement should have been sought out. Then he was constantly getting injured on top of it.

No business still being rostered.

Crisis
11-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Well, McGee lasted about 6 games longer than I thought he would.

Thanks for wasting your prime years in Buffalo, but it's time to go.

YardRat
11-06-2012, 05:47 PM
I'd be OK with signing Routt, but I really wish they'd get deals done with Byrd and Levitre.

Can't wait to see how Easley performs in a real game, and Brooks should get more pt now.

HAMMER
11-06-2012, 05:52 PM
If I were Byrd or Levitre I wouldn't sign a new deal with this team. Why tie yourself to a losing franchise when untold amounts of money are on the horizon and possibly with a contender.

TigerJ
11-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Unless Hairston falls on his face, I think he's going to be the right tackle for the Bills for the foreseeable future (meaning after this current season too). Maybe the Bills will see if they can trade Pears for a low draft pick. I think it's possible the Bills may elevate Zebrie Sanders from the PS, if he's been developing satisfactorally through the first part of the season. Then they bring back one of their undraftied free agent tackles to take his spot on the PS.

OpIv37
11-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I seem to remember some of us questioning the decision to keep two kickers early on.....

kingJofNYC
11-06-2012, 06:20 PM
If I were Byrd or Levitre I wouldn't sign a new deal with this team. Why tie yourself to a losing franchise when untold amounts of money are on the horizon and possibly with a contender.

Byrd will get big time money in FA. The Giants made Antrelle Rolle the highest paid safety in the league a few years ago, tells you all you need to know about the safety talent around the league. Teams are desperate for safeties, Byrd will cash in big.

ServoBillieves
11-06-2012, 06:28 PM
I seem to remember some of us questioning the decision to keep two kickers early on.....

Why wouldn't that be a great idea?! Let's have 3 kickers, a long snapper, a special teams "ace", a fullback, and an H-Back (no offense Double D, still rooting for you) on our gameday roster! All are viable choices, and there's NO way we would need more players on offense or defense to backup the constant river of injuries we've had over the past 8 years!

ServoBillieves
11-06-2012, 06:30 PM
And if any of you think Jairus or Andy are sticking around, please contact your local authorities to have them put a comfy white long sleeve jacket on you. We lucked out with Stevie, and that was a blessing in disguise.

Mr. Pink
11-06-2012, 07:49 PM
And if any of you think Jairus or Andy are sticking around, please contact your local authorities to have them put a comfy white long sleeve jacket on you. We lucked out with Stevie, and that was a blessing in disguise.

Money talks.

Unsure what it would take to keep Levitre but giving Byrd a 5 year deal worth 33.5 with say 15 guaranteed is something we can easily do and that should be about his going price in FA.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Ive heard Ed Reeds name and retirement after this year a few times. If that Happens I could see the Ravens trying to get Byrd.

bigbub2352
11-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Routt and Reggie Wells probably

BertSquirtgum
11-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Urbik is decent and he is gone after this year too.

Skooby
11-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Why wouldn't that be a great idea?! Let's have 3 kickers, a long snapper, a special teams "ace", a fullback, and an H-Back (no offense Double D, still rooting for you) on our gameday roster! All are viable choices, and there's NO way we would need more players on offense or defense to backup the constant river of injuries we've had over the past 8 years!

We need a FA waterboy for the roster, delivering some high-quality H2O.