• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

9-11

I will never forget that Tuesday... I was in Buffalo, having had the weekend off (a rarity during football season), and had decided to go to UB to talk with the (then) new Bulls coaching staff and sit in on some game prep. It was a beautiful morning, nice and temperate. It was still early morning, and I was passing through the student union to get some breakfast, when I noticed a clamor coming from the people near the TV's.

The smoke was rising from the first of the towers, and I thought that a huge fire had started, and continued to my breakfast after saying a quick prayer for the people trapped... why should I spare more thought... those buildings have fire control systems better than battleships I thought.

My father had gone to UB & still taught there occasionally in the physics and chemistry departments, so I was no stranger growing up to its confines, having spent much time there in my youth, so feeling no particular hurry to drop in unannounced on coach Hofher, I picked up a school newspaper and began to read.

It was the mass cry of horror that woke me from the paper, and what I had thought was a fire had turned to something much worst. Like most people who witness a fatal car crash, I stood stunned (I still don't recall moving to the nearest TV, nor who turned up the volume) eyes transfixed on the glowing phosphorous tube in front of me. Mind racing to come to grips, arriving at the obvious with everyone else, then with an almost painful effort, tore my eyes from the screen in front of me.

I walked, first fast then ran to my car, and went home as fast as I could, radio tuned to the news, confirming the reality of the morning. I arrived home, to an empty house, my fiancé was at work, and turned on the TV, just in time to see the impossible.

I know now that when that first tower collapsed that I lost a close friend that moment... so for all the mothers, sons, fathers, daughters, and friends out there who lost someone they knew, or grew up with, my sympathy and prayers are with you.

God bless you all on this day.
    And I for one will never forget... or forgive.

My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Great post. Sorry for your loss

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Man, very good post...I will NEVER forget or forgive those bastards that did that horrible act to us. I hope that no one ever will! God Bless America!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Can't say it any better!

Comment

• shelby
          The Vanilla *****
          • Jul 2002

very proud to be an American

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

where at least i know i'm free
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Jaded 7
              Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
              • Jul 2002

God Bless America

September 11, 2001 will be a day we will never forget.

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
              Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
              The only answer I found for all this hurt
              Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

...in brotherhood from sea to shining sea!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                X