PDA

View Full Version : mel kiper

djjimkelly
11-08-2012, 08:56 AM
was just on sportscenter saying he doesnt have a qb in his top 10 this year

and that he has matt barkley and geno smith as mid round picks

barkley is 11 on his big board

one thing ive been looking at is the need for a qb by nfl teams.

currently only 3 teams the chiefs, bills and the cardinals do not have a 1st round qb or their franchise qb in place.

you could add that the jets need a qb and maybe the raiders will second guess carson palmer and the rest of the nobodys they have at qb

this is the bills year where we get a qb from the 8th to the 12th pick i pray its BARKLEY

TigerJ
11-08-2012, 09:17 AM
There are some who think Jacksonville is fed up with Blaine Gabbert. I do think the chances are good Buffalo will pick a QB this year, but then I've thought that for the last couple of drafts. I don't think there is anyone who is in the same ballpark as RGIII and Andrew Luck, but I think there are a few future starters to be had. Barkley will be OK, I think. He doesn't have any elite qualities, but he's steady. I'm assuming you're down on Geno Smith. I'm not. He's got a better arm and a little better size. He doesn't have as much college level preparation as Barkley or as strong a supporting cast, but that strong supporting cast has not proven to help a lot of USC QBs of the past make a transition to the pros. I also like EJ Manuel and a few others. Our own Ingtar thinks Geno Smith is the only QB in the draft that's even worthy of a first round pick, but as we all know, QBs tend to get picked earlier than their quality merits, based on the need that exists in the NFL for starting caliber QBs.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-08-2012, 09:31 AM
There's still a lot of football to be played, but if the draft were today I'd be comfortable with Barkley, Smith, or Manuel tbh. Barkley's got the lowest ceiling but the highest floor. Smith and Manuel are big and strong and, most importantly, accurate.

Pinkerton Security
11-08-2012, 09:39 AM
I'd take Barkley over Fitz in a heartbeat.

DesertFox24
11-08-2012, 09:49 AM
What is it about Barkley that everyone likes he is not the answer he does not have the arm strength.

He is Sanchez junior I will be so upset if we draft him.

I would rather draft Geno and let him sit on the pine for two years.

DraftBoy
11-08-2012, 09:58 AM
I wrote about this months ago with regard to the lack of QB need in this years class.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-08-2012, 09:59 AM
What is it about Barkley that everyone likes he is not the answer he does not have the arm strength.

He has a ton of starting experience in a pro style offense and generally makes smart decisions with the football. Sanchez had neither of those things. He's not going to cannon the ball downfield like Cutler or Vick, but he can hit most routes. We have one wideout who could charitably be described as a deep threat anyway.

I would too, but despite Kiper's bluster I don't see Smith falling to us.

Albany,n.y.
11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
In the modern NFL, if you draft a QB in the 1st round, he's your starting QB no later than his 2nd season. The only exceptions are teams that draft a QB for the future with a top QB in place, or if the guy is such a bust the team knows he'll never be a quality starter. Fitzpatrick is not the guy you sit your 1st round pick for.
If we draft Geno Smith, he's starting by mid-season.

Albany,n.y.
11-08-2012, 10:12 AM
I would too, but despite Kiper's bluster I don't see Smith falling to us.

Where do you think we're drafting? If KC & Jax don't take him before us, who will?

OpIv37
11-08-2012, 10:15 AM
I wrote about this months ago with regard to the lack of QB need in this years class.

watch this be the year where we completely bottom out, lose the rest of our games, and there is no QB available.....

GingerP
11-08-2012, 10:20 AM

He has played a lot more football than Sanchez, who only started 16 games in college before turning pro. There will be 4 years of college film on Barkley against some pretty good competition, so he should be easier to evaluate.

I don't think Barkley is as good a prospect as Luck, RGII, Stafford or some other QBs who went top-5, but he is still a pretty good NFL prospect. I'd like him a lot more if he could bring his WR from USC with him. Neither Lee or Woods are an A.J. Green-type talent, but both seem like they will be pretty good as pros. That helps Barkley.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Where do you think we're drafting? If KC & Jax don't take him before us, who will?

Well you just listed two teams who I think would draft him before us and likely will appear before us in the draft order. I can see us stealing 2-3 more wins off our remaining schedule and finishing between 8-13 in the order. Beyond them, I could imagine Dallas or Philadelphia (should Reid go) trading up for a QB, or a St. Louis giving up on Bradford and what's left of his monster deal.

In any event, unless something changes significantly, I still see Smith as the first QB off the board and us not being able to get him without a large trade.

DesertFox24
11-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Hell I do not see any QBs for 14 either that intrigue me either to be honest with you.

Maybe Renner from North Carolina but still.

Honestly Dysert from Miami Ohio might be the best QB in these next two classes.

That is not a joke either.

Also I agree that most first round QBs start but we do have the advantage of having a QB that can play well at times which allows us to not rush him.

I would much rather do an Aaron Rogers where the guy sits for two years learns and David Lee can work with him and develop him and then he starts in year 2 or 3, preferably year 3.

Granted that is also predicated on the bills actually making the playoffs in 2013 so do not listen to me I am in Narnia right now.

DraftBoy
11-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Hell I do not see any QBs for 14 either that intrigue me either to be honest with you.

Also I agree that most first round QBs start but we do have the advantage of having a QB that can play well at times which allows us to not rush him.

I would much rather do an Aaron Rogers where the guy sits for two years learns and David Lee can work with him and develop him and then he starts in year 2 or 3, preferably year 3.

Granted that is also predicated on the bills actually making the playoffs in 2013 so do not listen to me I am in Narnia right now.

For '14 Id look at David Fales (SJ St), Jeff Matthews (Cornell), and Tyler Russell (Miss St).

IlluminatusUIUC
11-08-2012, 10:31 AM
For '14 Id look at David Fales (SJ St), Jeff Matthews (Cornell), and Tyler Russell (Miss St).

You seem to really like small school QBs. Why is that? I know you've been hyping Dysert this year and now guys from SJ State and Cornell?

As a side note, the thought of replacing a Harvard QB with a Cornell QB would be pretty funny.

DraftBoy
11-08-2012, 10:35 AM
You seem to really like small school QBs. Why is that? I know you've been hyping Dysert this year and now guys from SJ State and Cornell?

As a side note, the thought of replacing a Harvard QB with a Cornell QB would be pretty funny.

Because details matter. Anybody can name an SEC QB like Bray or Murray, how many know that there is an Ivy League QB with NFL potential, that the WAC conference even still exists, or that neither Bray nor Murray are the best QB prospects in their own conference?

Championships are built on drafts that are successful on all four days of the draft not just the first or second one. Its important to know as much about the QB you're bringing into camp as a Free Agent as the OT you drafted in Round 1.

GingerP
11-08-2012, 11:15 AM
When was the last Ivy League QB that went on to be really good in the NFL? Sid Luckman? Usually they are schmucks like Fitzpatrick or Jay Fiedler.

JoeMama
11-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Fitz is not the answer at QB.

If we're in capable hands (doubtful), we'll take a QB in round 1.

You can't win with a guy whose arm dies out in mid October and can't handle cold weather.

It used to be, we had Jim Kelly. And he was tough as nails and won all but one game at home in January.

Fitz can't play in the elements and he can barely play after 4 games have occurred.

He's a loser and it's time to cut our losses.

BidsJr
11-08-2012, 11:24 AM

Neat.

BuffaloWingEater
11-08-2012, 11:26 AM
is klein coming out? is he any good?

Ed
11-08-2012, 11:35 AM
watch this be the year where we completely bottom out, lose the rest of our games, and there is no QB available.....
Even if we bottom out, we'll probably still be picking behind KC and Jacksonville, and I think they're both likely to take qb's with their first pick.

trapezeus
11-08-2012, 11:35 AM
i am banging my drum for klein simply for his winner status and elevating a school that wasn't supposed to be as good as it is. yeah, he is a better tebow...and i hate tebow...but he won last year. and i am coming around that winners find ways, and simply strong armed or simply smart qb's may or may not pan out.

you want a guy who knows how to get it done. you don't hvae to take this guy in the first round to prove you are genius, but you have to get your hands on this guy. because like tebow, if he comes in as a backup, he's going to push the first guy. and if the first guy doesn't get it done, you feel a lot of comfort of going to number 2.

DraftBoy
11-08-2012, 11:39 AM
is klein coming out? is he any good?

He's a senior so yes, and he's not a NFL Qb.

BuffaloWingEater
11-08-2012, 11:42 AM
He's a senior so yes, and he's not a NFL Qb.

why?

jamze132
11-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Exactly what I would expect to happen. Or the opposite could happen where a can't miss QB is there for us he turns out to be Jamarcus Russell.

DraftBoy
11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
why?

Mechanics mostly, his motion is horrible, his footwork is sloppy, and his accuracy is questionable at best, the scheme is designed to give him a lot of throws to WR's that aren't in tight coverage, which allows his cmp pct to be better than his actual accuracy is. You need to re-work his entire motion, teach him how to drop back, and get rid of his tendency to take off after only one or two reads.

BuffaloWingEater
11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Mechanics mostly, his motion is horrible, his footwork is sloppy, and his accuracy is questionable at best, the scheme is designed to give him a lot of throws to WR's that aren't in tight coverage, which allows his cmp pct to be better than his actual accuracy is. You need to re-work his entire motion, teach him how to drop back, and get rid of his tendency to take off after only one or two reads.

that's too bad. it seems that nobody coming out of college this year is a franchise qb.

Don't Panic
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM

You always find a way, don't you...

Don't Panic
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Even if we bottom out, we'll probably still be picking behind KC and Jacksonville, and I think they're both likely to take qb's with their first pick.

I think that Jax will stick with Gabbert... too many other needs. Its the trade up that we have to worry about... especially when there are only two 1st round worthy QBs.

djjimkelly
11-08-2012, 02:37 PM
one thing im thinking is KC gets top pick and wont pick a qb becuz one isnt top ten worthy let alone the top pick.

i think the stars are aligning for us to get a guy

tatersalad
11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
landry jones, spread offense

DraftBoy
11-08-2012, 03:34 PM
landry jones, spread offense

Status Quo

k-oneputt
11-08-2012, 03:39 PM

LOL. You are a little late for the dinner. Where is Sorenson DB ?

kingJofNYC
11-08-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm amazed that some fans would be happy with Barkley, the idea of Tannehill was anathema a season ago, Tannehill was a better prospect in my eyes. Desperate times I guess.

We need a QB in the worst way, I just don't think Barkley's the guy, limited player. I'd rather go DE/OL early in the draft.

DraftBoy
11-08-2012, 04:56 PM
LOL. You are a little late for the dinner. Where is Sorenson DB ?

14th

http://www.buffalobillsdraft.com/2013-nfl-draft-positional-rankings/2/

Gilly
11-08-2012, 05:13 PM
I like that guy from NC state. He is like 6'8"...

DraftBoy
11-08-2012, 05:25 PM
I like that guy from NC state. He is like 6'8"...

Listed at 6'6, maybe closer to 6'4 in reality.

feldspar
11-08-2012, 05:36 PM
I'd take Barkley over Fitz in a heartbeat.

There are about FIVE QBs that I'd take over Fitz in the 2013 draft...at least they are fresh meat.

Barkley, Smith, Wilson, Manuel, and Landry Jones. This is if Juniors don't declare like Tyler Bray or somebody.

Who the hell is going to want more of the same crap next year at the position. Give a young kid a shot.

kingJofNYC
11-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Landry Jones is dog ****

djjimkelly
11-08-2012, 07:12 PM
There are about FIVE QBs that I'd take over Fitz in the 2013 draft...at least they are fresh meat.

Barkley, Smith, Wilson, Manuel, and Landry Jones. This is if Juniors don't declare like Tyler Bray or somebody.

Who the hell is going to want more of the same crap next year at the position. Give a young kid a shot.

ok i could live with tyler bray also

DraftBoy
11-08-2012, 07:13 PM
ok i could live with tyler bray also

Doubt he leaves and many are saying he's not a first round QB.

Uncle Jesse
11-08-2012, 07:25 PM

Teddy Bridgewater will come out. He's awesome.

ParanoidAndroid
11-08-2012, 09:21 PM
i am banging my drum for klein simply for his winner status and elevating a school that wasn't supposed to be as good as it is. yeah, he is a better tebow...and i hate tebow...but he won last year. and i am coming around that winners find ways, and simply strong armed or simply smart qb's may or may not pan out.

you want a guy who knows how to get it done. you don't hvae to take this guy in the first round to prove you are genius, but you have to get your hands on this guy. because like tebow, if he comes in as a backup, he's going to push the first guy. and if the first guy doesn't get it done, you feel a lot of comfort of going to number 2.

College QB, he is. NFL QB, he is not. Tebow got his clock cleaned by the scary Buffalo defense. Edwards had a little streak, too.

Also, I blame you for making me misspell trapezius on my anatomy practical.

Raptor
11-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Yet both will go top 10 because QB's always go higher than their rankings dictate

Why? Did you watch the Colts tonight? The Colts were the worst team in the league last year and with one pick they are already light years ahead of this franchise. That is how important the QB position is in this league. I applauded the Redskins for their bold move for RGIII because until you have a franchise QB you are seriously wasting everybody's time as a franchise.

If you draft and miss then you keep drafting one until you get it right

kingJofNYC
11-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Luck is light years ahead of any QB to enter the NFL draft in over a decade.

You're more likely to draft the next Ponder/Gabbert than Luck/RGIII in this draft.

paladin warrior
11-09-2012, 01:44 AM
2013 NFL Draft (1.0)
Draft is based on my big board, and current league standings.
I was dying to write a mock draft sooner or later - and figure this a good opportunity to do so.
1. Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/kansas-city-chiefs) - Matt Barkley (QB) - USC
The Chiefs are a complete mess. Matt Cassel (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1659/matt-cassel) is not a franchise QB. They need to clean house and start over. The first step is finding a franchise QB. IDC that previous USC QB's have not "succeeded" in the NFL. Barkley is the real deal. I have closely watched every game of his career and this kid has it all. He is extremely accurate, intelligent, has a strong enough arm to make all the NFL throws, and is a natural leader.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/jacksonville-jaguars) - Geno Smith (QB) - West Virginia
Smith has struggled since his monster performance with 7TD passes. He has played poorly against defenses outside his conference. But there is no denying his elite skill and potential. Even if he has to sit on the bench for a year, the Jaguars can continue to play Gabbert and see if there is anything
there. Smith is a better option as a franchise QB, and if Gabbert plays decent, they can always trade him for a draft pick.
3. Cleveland Browns (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/cleveland-browns) - Jarvis Jones (OLB) - Georgia:
The Browns are headed in the right direction. I like Weeden. I like the improvements on defense, but they still need to improve the pass rush and OLB position. Can have a similar role to what Von Miller (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/131195/von-miller) has in Denver.
4. Carolina Panthers (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/carolina-panthers) - Star Lotulelei (DT) - Utah
Might be the best player in the nation. Massive, disruptive, play making force. The Panthers cannot stop the run for the life of them.
5. St. Louis Rams (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/st-louis-rams) - Luke Joeckel (OT) - Texas AM
Bradford has improved his play this season, and started to live up to his high draft pick. However his blindside protection continues to be weak.
6. Tennessee Titans (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/tennessee-titans): Manti Te'o (LB) - ND
The Titans have found a future franchise QB in Locker. Now they need a leader for their defense. The defense is a mess against the run and pass. They need a passionate leader who can help on both fronts. Te'o is the real deal. I love this guy. His passion, work ethic, and play reminds me of Ray Lewis (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1406/ray-lewis).
7. Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/philadelphia-eagles) - Chance Warmack (OG) - Alabama
I don't need to explain this pick...
8. Dallas Cowboys (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/dallas-cowboys) - Taylor Lewman (OT) - Michigan
Offensive line play has been horrendous for the Cowboys. They cannot protect Romo nor can they open up holes in the running game. Improvements need to come as soon as possible.
9. Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/cincinnati-bengals) - Domontre Moore (DE) - Texas AM
Moore is a speedster. He is a lighter defensive end with speed but will be great on the blindside of a 4-3 defense. I have to note - I absolutely LOVE how the Bengals have built their franchise the past few years. It is admirable.
10. St. Louis Rams - Robert Woods (WR) - USC
Many people are giving the Rams other WRs. People are going to argue with me about this pick. However Robert Woods brings absolutely everything to the table. There is really nothing he cannot do. And what I like MOST about him is his route running. He is the best route running in college football, and reminds me of Reggie Wayne (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2834/reggie-wayne). Robert Woods and Bradford can make sweet music together in the years to come.
11. Buffalo Bills - Tyler Wilson (QB) - Arkansas
It is about time the Buffalo Bills (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/buffalo-bills) address their massive need at franchise QB. Wilson is the real deal. I'm a big fan. He has played well this season. He has a rifle for an arm. He has the size and leadership. He has all the things we want in a franchise QB. I really hope and pray the Bills take a QB this draft. Other options are: Tyler Bray - Tennessee and Aaron Murray - Georgia.
Comment away

Night Train
11-09-2012, 05:18 AM
Kipers Big Board is very solid but as we all know, QB's are always drafted higher than their ratings.

DraftBoy
11-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Kipers Big Board is very solid but as we all know, QB's are always drafted higher than their ratings.

Maybe not this year.

DesertFox24
11-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Teddy Bridgewater will come out. He's awesome.

I love Bridgewater but he is only a true Soph.

Night Train
11-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Maybe not this year. Very True but my jaw dropped a couple years back when Locker and Ponder were selected so early. It happens all the time.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Very True but my jaw dropped a couple years back when Locker and Ponder were selected so early. It happens all the time.

Ryan Tannehill, a converted wideout with only 20 starts at QB, was drafted in the Top 10. First round QBs are cheap now because of the new CBA, so teams are taking them higher than ever. There's no way RGIII goes for 4 draft picks if Washington then also has to give him $45 million guaranteed.

THATHURMANATOR
11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
So sick of this song and dance every year this time.

We are told there are no good QBs available and that this year is the weakest QB class.

Then later on a bunch of guys come out of no where and are drafted and many succeed.

We were told early on that Newton and RGIII were not legit options for whatever reason and look they are awesome.

JUST GET THE ****ING QB ALREADY BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DraftBoy
11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Very True but my jaw dropped a couple years back when Locker and Ponder were selected so early. It happens all the time.

And as I said back then, they were not smart decisions. Still time for both to prove me wrong, but these kinds of picks are why you don't reach for QB's.

THATHURMANATOR
11-09-2012, 10:58 AM
DB What is wrong with Tyler Wilson? To me in the few games I have seen him play he seems to be a better prospect than Locker or Ponder.

DraftBoy
11-09-2012, 11:19 AM
DB What is wrong with Tyler Wilson? To me in the few games I have seen him play he seems to be a better prospect than Locker or Ponder.

Physically? Not much, he's smaller than listed and probably around 6'1. My biggest question is what kind of a leader is he? To me he's got a bit of Rivers/Cutler to him where he will throw teammates under the bus. He did earlier this year when he called his teammates quitters. He's one of the best pure passers in the class though.

THATHURMANATOR
11-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Physically? Not much, he's smaller than listed and probably around 6'1. My biggest question is what kind of a leader is he? To me he's got a bit of Rivers/Cutler to him where he will throw teammates under the bus. He did earlier this year when he called his teammates quitters. He's one of the best pure passers in the class though.

So character issues are the only downfall? I want a QB with attitude that will hold people accountable. Sick of Mr. nice guy.

Bring Wilson in!!!

DraftBoy
11-09-2012, 11:27 AM
So character issues are the only downfall? I want a QB with attitude that will hold people accountable. Sick of Mr. nice guy.

Bring Wilson in!!!

Well he needs to get his medical checked out, he's gotten the tar beaten out of him last year. He has some work to do with reading defenses, but yes his character is the biggest hurdle as of now.

streetkings01
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
He has a ton of starting experience in a pro style offense and generally makes smart decisions with the football. Sanchez had neither of those things. He's not going to cannon the ball downfield like Cutler or Vick, but he can hit most routes. We have one wideout who could charitably be described as a deep threat anyway.

I would too, but despite Kiper's bluster I don't see Smith falling to us.How many teams in the NFL now a days actually run a pro style offense?

mjt328
11-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Once these guys get off the football field and start doing drills, their ratings will shoot them back up Kiper's board.

There isn't anybody near the caliber of Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III in this class - but the Bills HAVE to take a chance on somebody.
Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson... I don't care... draft a QB in round one.
Heck, draft one late in the draft too.

Night Train
11-09-2012, 08:24 PM
If Gailey is here, he'll keep him inactive and play Fitz with a broken arm.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-09-2012, 08:31 PM
How many teams in the NFL now a days actually run a pro style offense?

Most of them. Being a shotgun spread guy isn't the deal breaker it once was, especially if you are using more complex reads. But QBs still need to line up under center from time to time to maintain the threat of the power run game and play action.

kishoph
11-10-2012, 02:44 AM
You do not have to have a RG III or a Luck to be successful, but you can not do it with a Fitz. There are some good QB's in this draft maybe not a great one, but still ones that are capable of running an NFL offense and succeeding. Right now I'd be thrilled to death to get a QB that can help us get back to winning and get back to the post season and they are out there, but you have to take a shot and draft them. Not every winning team has a Brady, or Rodgers, but there's no winning teams with a Fitz. I would take Smith, Wilson, or Barkley in a heartbeat, even if it required trading up (since our picks are so valuable). This team can not go another year without a real QB on the roster.

Mike
11-10-2012, 06:19 AM

Thats the thing...sometimes you have to forse in issue. If I was owner of the Bills, I would have done everything in my power to make sure that Luck was in a Bills jersey. Sure I could have been wrong, but I am willing to gamble on a once in a generation prospect. The biggest problem with missing out on these talents is that it takes at least another 10 years before another such QB is available insuring 2 things: 1) you wont be a legit SB Contender for next decade 2) who ever drafted that talent will be beating you and everyone else for the next 10+ years. Funny thing is, this is definitely the year not to bottom out...

Mike
11-10-2012, 06:23 AM
You do not have to have a RG III or a Luck to be successful, but you can not do it with a Fitz. There are some good QB's in this draft maybe not a great one, but still ones that are capable of running an NFL offense and succeeding. Right now I'd be thrilled to death to get a QB that can help us get back to winning and get back to the post season and they are out there, but you have to take a shot and draft them. Not every winning team has a Brady, or Rodgers, but there's no winning teams with a Fitz. I would take Smith, Wilson, or Barkley in a heartbeat, even if it required trading up (since our picks are so valuable). This team can not go another year without a real QB on the roster.

Depends on what you mean by successful. If success is going 9-7 and maybe a playoff spot or even a perennial playoff team that a Barkley will help you out. If you want to be the Eagles of the next decade than maybe a Smith will do but if you want to be the Patriots than you have to have Luck or RG3 etc...

Mike
11-10-2012, 06:26 AM
Yet both will go top 10 because QB's always go higher than their rankings dictate

Why? Did you watch the Colts tonight? The Colts were the worst team in the league last year and with one pick they are already light years ahead of this franchise. That is how important the QB position is in this league. I applauded the Redskins for their bold move for RGIII because until you have a franchise QB you are seriously wasting everybody's time as a franchise.

If you draft and miss then you keep drafting one until you get it right

Could Not Agree More... Why wast your time with a second rate first round QB... accept the fact that we missed a once in a generation player so we can once again miss the playoffs, this time in style.

All that being said, the Colts 2012 season was an aberration. They were contenders every year preceding 2012 and are once again playoff bound. No way this team was even close to being as bad as their 2012 record.

DraftBoy
11-10-2012, 07:48 AM

Agree with the premise of we can't got another year without a QB, disagree with the idea that you have to just take one. If they say only Geno Smith is worth a Top 20 pick I dont want to see them then panic and reach for Wilson while sitting in the Top 10 should Geno be gone.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Thats the thing...sometimes you have to forse in issue. If I was owner of the Bills, I would have done everything in my power to make sure that Luck was in a Bills jersey. Sure I could have been wrong, but I am willing to gamble on a once in a generation prospect. The biggest problem with missing out on these talents is that it takes at least another 10 years before another such QB is available insuring 2 things: 1) you wont be a legit SB Contender for next decade 2) who ever drafted that talent will be beating you and everyone else for the next 10+ years. Funny thing is, this is definitely the year not to bottom out...

I don't think you could have gotten Luck at any price. It took 4 picks to get RGIII and St. Louis already has a young QB.

kishoph
11-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Depends on what you mean by successful. If success is going 9-7 and maybe a playoff spot or even a perennial playoff team that a Barkley will help you out. If you want to be the Eagles of the next decade than maybe a Smith will do but if you want to be the Patriots than you have to have Luck or RG3 etc...

If it comes to choosing between the possibilities of a QB that will move us forward and at least into the post season, or that perennial Pro Bowl LB that will move us up 5-10 spots in the defense rankings, I'll take that QB. This teams biggest need right now is at the QB position and unless they can acquire a starter in a trade (highly unlikely), they need to draft one.

Agree with the premise of we can't got another year without a QB, disagree with the idea that you have to just take one. If they say only Geno Smith is worth a Top 20 pick I dont want to see them then panic and reach for Wilson while sitting in the Top 10 should Geno be gone.

I really don't believe that Smith is the only prospect that is worth a top 20 pick and I see the Bills with their remaining schedule finishing around 7-9 which would leave them picking around 13-14 (there's a lot of bad teams) and with the Bills history of drafting I'd rather see them grab a QB then the next Aaron Maybin or Donte Whitner even if he turns into JP Losman. Very few picks are a guarantee.

IAG
11-10-2012, 06:31 PM
Barkley cannot throw in the Buffalo winds.

Slim
11-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Barkley cannot throw in the Buffalo winds.

I don't agree with this. It's not like he has a cannon, but from what I've seen, Barkley can make all the throws.

And how often do the "Buffalo winds" decide a football game? If anything it effects special teams more than the offense. It might make throwing the ball down field a little more difficult but it is manageable. I honestly can't remember the last time a saw a ball get batted down by the winds in Buffalo (besides the snow storm games that happen once every two years or so, and even then, most QB's play like **** in a snow storm anyway).

People act like if you don't have John Elways arm, that a QB can't throw a 10 yard pass at the Ralph without the ball getting blown into stands. It's stupid.

Uncle Jesse
11-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I love Bridgewater but he is only a true Soph.

Yeah I know, I was replying to someone who said something about no QBs in 2014 either, I think he comes out then.

Mike
11-12-2012, 09:47 PM
You always find a way, don't you...

What do you want him to do, tell you that Barkley is this years Luck or that Smith will be better than RG3?

Mr. Pink
11-13-2012, 03:38 AM
Doesn't matter what Mel Kiper says, 2 QBs will go in the top 10 regardless.

mjt328
11-13-2012, 06:57 AM
This QB class reminds me a lot of 2011.
Deep in numbers, but a lot of question marks. Nobody was a sure thing.

That draft produced Cam Newton, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick and Ryan Mallett.

The Bills passed on quarterbacks all throughout that draft, and it was a huge mistake.